• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poochyena is a cat

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I believe the rumor on Kangaskan and Cubone thing makes sense...

Kangaskan is the Parent Pokemon and raises the baby in it's pouch and is very caring and if Kangaskan dies the baby uses the Kangaskan's skull over its face and becomes a Cubone and is stuck... (He wants his Mother back because she is such a Motherly type he misses her) and when it evolves instead of becoming Kangaskan it becomes Marowak because the whole skull thing.

Of course I believe thats just fan fics and such that got out haha of course looking at the stomach of Cubone and Kangaskan might state that it is true but meh

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Poochyena is a cat
    Poochyena is a cat

Wow.. they must of really run out of ideas to make a pokemon from that O_O

Anyway i think they should make a baby form of kangashan, as we usually see it in the pocket anyway D:

Cubone is a baby Kangaskan. It's mother died, and the Cubone wears it's mother's skull. It never grows to be a full Kangaskan because of immense depression, low food, and the skull that stops it from growing... it's not just a rumor.

I swear the skull gets bigger? O_O

Last edited:

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    no matter your sources, pooch=dog

LOGIC!! LANGUAGE!!

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    It's a Pokemon, so while it is influenced by a hyena, that doesn't make it a hyena. It is probably influenced equally by hyenas and dogs, as the pokedex entries suggest hyena traits while the appearance and name is much more similar to a dog.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    NO, Poochyena is not a cat. It's based off a dog.

Here's why.

Under the Origin section for both Poochyena and Mightyena, it states.

"It shares some similarities with both wolves and hyenas."

WOLVES and hyenas. Not just hyenas. did the eprson who wrote the article miss that detail?

Next, it's moves.

First, Howl.

Cats meow, purr and even hiss. They DO NOT Howl. Dogs howl. Wolves Howl. Not cats.

Odor Sleuth, dogs use their sense of smell to navigate. Not cats. Cats wander. Dogs don't.

Bite and Crunch. Cat's don't bite or crunch. They scratch and hiss. Dogs use biting and crunching tactics in danger.

Even look at poochyena's name. POOCHYena. Poochy is another word for DOG, not cat.

The person who even thought of that stupid theory that Poochyena is a cat should be killed, as should Gymnotide for making this thread.

Flarexon

The Ultimate Weapon of choice.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Actually, your completely right about the dog thing, suicune is a dog, entei is a lion, and raiku is a tiger. But celebi, who knows I don't think darkrai is an obvious one either

You people really don't know that Celebi is a time traveling, forest pixie/fairy?
    Good god... I knew that after looking at it for a while. Look at it's wings.
    Celebi is a green fairy-like creature.

Back