• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    this sign say, the value is in Hex.
    but your right, on some fields it is an Hex value without this sign...
    ok, i think i could remove it everywhere.
    but than you will be unable to set an decimal value in AdvanceMap. Than each value in AdvanceMap would be HEX.
    And if i say each than i mean each, also Mapsize, tilesetnumber....
    i would otherwise not see, how i/you could differ, which value is hex, and which Decimal...
    or do you have an idea for this?

I Have an Idea for this...

Keep the $, but make it un-highlight-able, and un-delete-able.
    For instance.

Keep it in it's own little spot right next to the text box.
    Instead of in the text box with the offset.

OR
    You could add a label saying HEX: and next to it would be the text box. then for decimal, it could be blank, or it could say DEC:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Hey, nice work. if you made a built in script editor it would be even better!

That's what XSE is for. We don't need a script editor in a mapping tool.

I've got one.

The ability to select all particular tiles (for example water) and change the movement permission of all similar tiles into one thing on the open map.

When you select multiple tiles using the CTRL + Right click method, you also select movement permissions. Just make like a 3x3 square of what you want with the correct permissions, then fill accordingly. The movement permissions should fill out correctly. At least, it does for me.

Last edited:

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    I Have an Idea for this...

Keep the $, but make it un-highlight-able, and un-delete-able.
    For instance.
    --> than you cannot insert Dec Values...

Keep it in it's own little spot right next to the text box.
    Instead of in the text box with the offset.
    --> than you cannot insert Dec Values...

OR
    You could add a label saying HEX: and next to it would be the text box. then for decimal, it could be blank, or it could say DEC:[/QUOTE]
    --> no Space for an extra Lable, in much languages ( AM is multilanguage ;-) )
    the space in the moment is allready too little -_-"

greetz LU-HO

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    When you select multiple tiles using the CTRL + Right click method, you also select movement permissions. Just make like a 3x3 square of what you want with the correct permissions, then fill accordingly. The movement permissions should fill out correctly. At least, it does for me.

-headsmack-

No, I mean...uh... When you press the roller button, it fills all the same tiles/MPs joined together with one tile/MP, right? I just want it to fill all the tiles of that type at once. :\

Larsie13

No, I mean...uh... When you press the roller button, it fills all the same tiles/MPs joined together with one tile/MP, right? I just want it to fill all the tiles of that type at once. :\
    Just press CTRL + Middle mouse button, and it fills all tiles of that type on the entire map with the selected tile.

Larsie13

I never knew that.

If only there was the same thing with Movement Permissions... :\

Uhh, there is? It works the same with MP as with tiles. CTRL + Middle mouse button fills all 1's with C's, for example.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    Uhh, there is? It works the same with MP as with tiles. CTRL + Middle mouse button fills all 1's with C's, for example.

And there are more combos...
    read the REadme file, there all Keystroces are descripted.

(I know, it seems no one, expect me, write such helpfull information in an file named Readme, becoause it seams to nobody read this files...)

Export Tileset Block Data
    Importance: 9

.... ??? there is allredy such a function @.o
    directly at the menu near the tileset export/import menü

Greetz LU-HO

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    >.<

Is there a way to link this tile with this MP?

I'm thinking about a thing where you can press some button and click and it fills all certain TILES with one MOVEMENT PERMISSION.

:\

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    >.<

Is there a way to link this tile with this MP?

I'm thinking about a thing where you can press some button and click and it fills all certain TILES with one MOVEMENT PERMISSION.

:\

no some thing like this do not exist.
    but i think some one reqested it here already.

Years
    What: Can select several blocks.
    Description: For make a map faster, it's need to can select several blocks in the same time, for place a tree, a house, a pokecenter.....very easely^^
    Importance: 9/10
    Already in there, dewd.

What: Enhanced Block Editor

Description: Make it so you can fine-tune blocks (by fine-tuning i mean getting smaller squares or whatever... like you know how its split up into four smaller squares? well make it so its 8 smaller squares or 16, and an option that switches between them).
    Good Luck understanding that ^

Importance: Very Important (I don't know whether 1 or 10 is the highest lol...)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    Already in there, dewd.

What: Enhanced Block Editor

Description: Make it so you can fine-tune blocks (by fine-tuning i mean getting smaller squares or whatever... like you know how its split up into four smaller squares? well make it so its 8 smaller squares or 16, and an option that switches between them).
    Good Luck understanding that ^

Importance: Very Important (I don't know whether 1 or 10 is the highest lol...)

Hi

sorry something like this is not possible, the ROM define this strictly.
    and it would not be very usefully.

grertz LU-HO

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    NOTE: THESE ARE MOVEMENT PERMISSION IDEAS!
    Idea: Line Drawer
    What is it? Example, Hold shift (Or some other Key) and click and drag, to draw straight lines, Much like the line tool in MS Paint.
    Importance 4/10 ~Really usefull

Idea: Circle Tool
    What is it: Nearly the same as the above, but draws a circle instead.
    Importance 5/10~Pretty Useful

Idea: Tile Fill
    What is it: Reads information from the actual tiles on the map, and fills like tiles with the selected movement permission.
    Example:

I have one map, 50X50 tiles
    Half of the tiles are Grass, the second half are water
    The movement permission covering the whole map is 0
    I select 4 from the Movement Permissions
    While holding a specific key, I click on the water, and only the water turns into 4's and the remaining grass tiles are still 0.

Importance 7/10~Would be Cool to have

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I got another one. While inserting tiles, many of them could get really messed up if you accidentally overwrite them with the animation tiles. Maybe you can like make it so if you try to edit an animation tile A-Map will warn you?

Importance 5/10 nice to have.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Can you please add a function that will let you assign a script to a tile.

Importance 10/10

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back