• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
  • It is already possible:
    Presst Ctrl + mouse Right

hmm.... forget to add this to the readme -_-"

Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but what thethethethe meant was a grosser block feature for the block editor. There is one for the map editor, but in the block editor, there's nothing. Just thought you(And thethethethe?) might've misread thethethethe's post.

OAK

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    What : A Map Editor
    Description : You can edit the world map , you can paint it and you can say where a town is and where a route is.

Years
  • Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but what thethethethe meant was a grosser block feature for the block editor. There is one for the map editor, but in the block editor, there's nothing. Just thought you(And thethethethe?) might've misread thethethethe's post.

No there already is one in Advance Map for the Block Editor. It just isn't listed in the Read-me.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • What: Tile Hotkeys.
    Description: While selecting a tile you can set a hot key for them, so you can easily go back to it later. (Shift + Key to set) Then when you need it again just press the Key. (Shift + 1 stores the selected tile. When you press 1 again it loads that tile.)
    Importance: 4

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • What: Tile Hotkeys.
    Description: While selecting a tile you can set a hot key for them, so you can easily go back to it later. (Shift + Key to set) Then when you need it again just press the Key. (Shift + 1 stores the selected tile. When you press 1 again it loads that tile.)
    Importance: 4

do you mean a single tile, or also great Block/Stamp tile?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • What: A paint like app in A-map would do fine, with an eyedropper, cut and paste fill color, line/ curve etc, because sometimes when people insert tiles some palettes are mismatched, and it would help re-ordering tilesets and editing your own tiles

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    What: Grid in Block Editor
    Describtion: Addd a Grid in the Block Editors Tileset image like you can add a grid to the map so it easier to see which tile ends where
    importance: 3

what: big block for movement permission
    describtion: add a big block thing like you have done it for the map and the blcok editor to the movement permission tab.
    importance: 4

huh?
    on the first one, can't you just press Ctrl+G to show the grid?
    and can't the second one be done in a harder way by Ctrl+right click?
    yes, its annoying when you do that, but at least it does it.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ability to edit which unown appear, because who wants to only have one unown in their hack w/o hex editing?

10/10

(10 is still the least, right?)

ability to just copy/paste a script from one map to another w/o moving the offset, unknown, etc one by one and possibly miscopying and screwing up the script, then rechecking both to find out the mistake.

5/10

Last edited:

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    What: Import tile sets from an image file type (png, bmp, gif).

Description: You can already import bvd and dib file types but I'm suggesting, if it were even possible, to bypass that step and just import the tile set as an image created in some image editing software. It sounds simple, but I'm guessing that it is complicated to code.

Importance: In my opinion, it would be a 1: top priority. Others may disagree, but this is a feature I've always wanted to see.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Pah, that thing's not really important, I would think. It's no where near essential. It would be great, yes, but I think it only deserves a 5 or 4.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • What: Import tile sets from an image file type (png, bmp, gif).

Description: You can already import bvd and dib file types but I'm suggesting, if it were even possible, to bypass that step and just import the tile set as an image created in some image editing software. It sounds simple, but I'm guessing that it is complicated to code.

Importance: In my opinion, it would be a 1: top priority. Others may disagree, but this is a feature I've always wanted to see.

Sorry, but importing a new Tileset form the "BlockPalette"-Image is not possible, because there aren't all data saved on the picture.

but the possibility to insert TilesetPictures(Image->load Tileset1) in PNG format instant of DIB would be possible. (and i will insert)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Sometimes when I switch maps some of the blocks glitch up. Most of the time I can just switch maps, then go back and it's better, but sometimes a bunch of blocks in the block pallet got deleted, so can you make a bug fix for that?

2/10

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Sorry, but importing a new Tileset form the "BlockPalette"-Image is not possible, because there aren't all data saved on the picture.

Well it's nice to have it clarified that it is impossible.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Thank you veryy much for answering my problem with Route 111(and prolly soon Route 122 the Mirage Island Route) and since the two different routes arent showed it would be nice to have a "tab" appear when you open a map that has more than 1 maps so that you can edit the "other" map without messing with the offsets, as some of the "junior hackers" may not know about what you told me.

What: An extra "tab" or similar when editing a map that contains 1 or more maps such as Mirage Island and the Tower in the desert.

Importance: 5

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • What: Automatic Update Checker

Description: When you start the program, it checks for a new update online and asks if you want to install it if it finds one. If your internet isn't connected, it doesn't do anything.

Importance: 3 (would be great, but not hugely important)

Team Rocket Boss Giovanni

Let us meet again someday!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    What: D/P/Pl Map Editing
    Description: Upgrade the map editor so it can support editing maps in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
    Importance: 2

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • What: D/P/Pl Map Editing
    Description: Upgrade the map editor so it can support editing maps in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
    Importance: 2

Quickly! Delete you post before everyone starts flaming you! Seriously, that was just silly. -.-

Anyway...

What: Undo/Redo Functions.
    Description: Pretty much just a single undo function, for what you accidentally clear half your map and need to reload the unsaved one. <_< And the redo for if you accidentally use the undo function. XD
    Importance: 6

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • What: Export tilesets indexed
    Description: Just exports the tileset image with an indexed pallete, so you don't have to index it manually, it's handy for the color limitations, that way you would just paste your bmp image over the tileset without major problems
    Importance: 8

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back