• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
  • Oh, thanx anyway<sniffs>.
    BTW... @LU-HO:
    You should add a readme file were explains most of the behaviour and background bytes. It's very difficult to know which is for the use you want.
    Importance: 5 or less (but not last).

All known behaviour and background bytes are shown in the Dropdown list. or you can see it in the english.ini-language file.

I don't know more about the values as you can see there.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • There are many others that have say they want a scripteditor/inserter right in AdvanceMap so i will think about this.
    There are some other Romhacking Project in my German Board, they would fit all of your ideas, so i will wayt and se if i could link this to AdvanceMap instead of make my own.
    but they are development so i have to wayt.
    but there are enough others i have to do...

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • There are many others that have say they want a scripteditor/inserter right in AdvanceMap so i will think about this.
    There are some other Romhacking Project in my German Board, they would fit all of your ideas, so i will wayt and se if i could link this to AdvanceMap instead of make my own.
    but they are development so i have to wayt.
    but there are enough others i have to do...

ok well thanks for considering it :)
    appreciate it ;)

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Hi LU-HO, I hope you to answer this request.
    Function: World Map Inserter
    Description: Well, I dunno if someone has already asked for this but I think it would be REALLY marvelous if you put kind of an easy way to create world maps... well, at least, to insert a map you previously made. I mean, a link beetween unLZ and AM to insert maps and change the pallettes and that stuff(like the Block Editor, easier to insert tiles than unLZ). Could be like a button above of "Change Routines" where says "Insert World Map", click this, then a window pops up like NTME and make your map. In this case it would be easier to make maps directly to their indexes, like in Fire Red (that has 4 maps).

Importance: 8

Please, I need you to answer and this will help everyone.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hello LU-HO, I have some suggestions as well.

Suggestion: Undo Button
    Importance: 1
    Description: An Undo Button.

Suggestion: Movement Permisson Filler
    Importance: 10
    Description: Fills the whole map with the usual movement permissions for each tile.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi LU-HO, I hope you to answer this request.
    Function: World Map Inserter
    Description: Well, I dunno if someone has already asked for this but I think it would be REALLY marvelous if you put kind of an easy way to create world maps... well, at least, to insert a map you previously made. I mean, a link beetween unLZ and AM to insert maps and change the pallettes and that stuff(like the Block Editor, easier to insert tiles than unLZ). Could be like a button above of "Change Routines" where says "Insert World Map", click this, then a window pops up like NTME and make your map. In this case it would be easier to make maps directly to their indexes, like in Fire Red (that has 4 maps).

Importance: 8

Please, I need you to answer and this will help everyone.

I say i would add this function in the First post of this thread --___--, pleas learn to read...

Hello LU-HO, I have some suggestions as well.

Suggestion: Undo Button
    Importance: 1
    Description: An Undo Button.

Suggestion: Movement Permisson Filler
    Importance: 10
    Description: Fills the whole map with the usual movement permissions for each tile.

This was already sugested. (1. thin i will insert...)
    and i answered already to the 2. thing. this will not possible, because each Tileset is different, and there is nowhere a information what would be the "usual" value for Movement Permission

Greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    What: Compatibility with previous Windows OSes.
    Description: Making the newer version interface-friendly with 98/ME/etc. This may not be possible, with all the updated scripting the program now uses, but I wanted to throw the idea out there. I know that...I think...AM 1.4.6 is compatible, but it doesn't have all the spiffy features.
    Importance: 10. It really doesn't do anything for the program, it's just good for people who don't have XP. ^^*

Amaki

Angel of Death
    Years
  • I've only scanned all of this post, but if I'm not in the wrong for saying this, how about making it easier to change the music

and if someone already posted that sorry and just disregered this lol

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • A Button to create Animations Must say for example when S Sobre presses CTRL + the Blue roller In the publishing Block, Como the Function of this CTRL + the right Can select mas of a Square, It Podria be only on the Block Editor to change the entire animation

I hope that you deal my terrible Englishman xD
    Bye and Good Luck!
    ---------------------------------
    Un Botón para crear Animaciones por ejemplo Podria Ser cuando presionas CTRL + el Tile En el Block Editor, Como la Función de ese CTRL + Clic derecho Puede seleccionar mas de un Cuadrado, Eso Podria ser sólo sobre El Block Editor para cambiar la animación entera

Espero Que Entiendas Mi Ingles Terrible!! T_T XD
    ¡Adiós! y ¡Suerte!

OK, [rough] translation as promised:

A button to create animations, for example when you press CTRL and the tile in the block editor, like how CTRL + right-click can select a square, that could temporarily replace the contents of the block editor to allow changing of the entire animation.

I hope you can understand my terrible english!! T_T XD
    Goodbye and good luck!

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I say i would add this function in the First post of this thread --___--, pleas learn to read...

This was already sugested. (1. thin i will insert...)
    and i answered already to the 2. thing. this will not possible, because each Tileset is different, and there is nowhere a information what would be the "usual" value for Movement Permission

Greetz LU-HO

It COULD be possible if you make it so a-map checks every other map, counts how many times each movemaent permission is used for a tile, then uses the one it uses the most.

Hey,
    I never said it was going to be easy, I just said it was possible.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Sorry, lol. It's just that I'm too lazy to read all the posts (even being few pages)
    Ok, so when would be the new AM version "releadsed"?

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • I've only scanned all of this post, but if I'm not in the wrong for saying this, how about making it easier to change the music

and if someone already posted that sorry and just disregered this lol

What could be easier than choose a Musik number!?
    Sorry, do not understand how you meant this...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • What? The ability to assign scripts to tiles, without using ASM. Which would make for easy field moves, and etc.

Importance: 3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hmm could you consider adding a town mapper editor included? Like boom how you have the tiles for a map you have map sprites that act as a puzzle to make a map?
    Importante:1!!!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • What? The ability to assign scripts to tiles, without using ASM. Which would make for easy field moves, and etc.

Importance: 3

i do not understand, can you please describe what you mean?

Hmm could you consider adding a town mapper editor included? Like boom how you have the tiles for a map you have map sprites that act as a puzzle to make a map?
    Importante:1!!!

the same for you, please describe what you mean?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back