• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Okay, maybe it's still too early but.... Aren't there plenty of ideas for now? I mean, there's like 8 pages of ideas, which would prolly be enough for a new release of A-Map. If not, then just ignore this :P

Years
  • Okay, maybe it's still too early but.... Aren't there plenty of ideas for now? I mean, there's like 8 pages of ideas, which would prolly be enough for a new release of A-Map. If not, then just ignore this :P

Everybody, Send your ideas by pms, else the evil elitemap makers are gonna come here and steal them and your womans!

No, I believe it's because Lu-ho And/or people later shall decide which ideas there shall be in... Kind of like "Eyasy ams scripter maker, 4 us who are to lazy/ not are able to learn to script" > Undo, Redo botton, which would be nice!

ams is asm, which is a joke

Edit: He's Inbox is full you say? Then RUN 4 YA LIFES! or spam he's profile!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • i do not understand, can you please describe what you mean?

the same for you, please describe what you mean?
    I thank you all for trying to answer, but I mean:
    "To select a tile, through block editor, and it would say in a box: "script offset" Then you would type in your script for that tile, instead of making 30 Signpost events.

It is a real Timesaver indeed. It relates to the Berry tree script, that in Gold, doesn't have any "Signposts" on it. Through ASM(thanks to HackMew) you can assign, or compile a script, then goto the tile data, and point to the script, for each time you press A on the Tile.

It is definately exactly like a Water/Surf Tile. Do you understand me? I think I gave enought info ;)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • @Cooley - Not really ASM :), just simple reversing of offsets. Andrea and I spent a bit of time on reversing, just one. From there we got the rest. But some others really need ASM as their ASM coded.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • @LU-HO:

We have submitted a lot of ideas. If you could start work on it, and if you have, can you please post something like a Progress Meter so that we know how far you are on it?

That would really be helpful.

Hi

I think i say this also before:
    - I started for 2 or 3 weeks to make the new version.
    - but i do not jet start to implement the new functions, i have to rewrite AM first in A Delphi-Similar Language to Support also Linux and MacOS X.
    - i'm still on rewriting.
    - if i finished this, i will say more about the state of function implementation. until than i cannot say how much percent i have finished, it is not assessable

- AND i say it NOW i will not release a Version until i'm finished that functions i want to insert in the next version. also if someone, or all mean i could release the current version i'm working on!

greetz LU-HO

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • Sometimes, when I shrink a map then test it out with the rom, it's just a black screen. I can't move or do ANYTHING in the rom, and making the map big again in advance map doesn't help.\

game fire red
    version of a-map 1.92 (i think...)

Some times the tile set gets glitched up and the bytes for the tiles become random things (mostly ff though) so I have to edit all the affected blocks back, and then I edit a little more (the map not the tiles) and it happens again (note this hasn't happened to me in ruby, yet, and it only started happening after I expanded the tileset)

same

Sometimes when you move a warp, you still warp TO the old spot of the warp but you warp FROM where you put the warp so that part works great. So far it happened to me while I was testing out my edited viridian and the pokemart and it's warp were MOVED (I didn't put a new warp in, I moved the original), and I went into it fine, but when I came out, I was where the warp used to be.

This also happens in other places too.

same

(note, none of these glitches effected me while hacking ruby, so maybe it's just fire red that has these problems...)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • 1.Sometimes, when I shrink a map then test it out with the rom, it's just a black screen. I can't move or do ANYTHING in the rom, and making the map big again in advance map doesn't help.\

game fire red
    2.version of a-map 1.92 (i think...)

3.Some times the tile set gets glitched up and the bytes for the tiles become random things (mostly ff though) so I have to edit all the affected blocks back, and then I edit a little more (the map not the tiles) and it happens again (note this hasn't happened to me in ruby, yet, and it only started happening after I expanded the tileset)

same

4.Sometimes when you move a warp, you still warp TO the old spot of the warp but you warp FROM where you put the warp so that part works great. So far it happened to me while I was testing out my edited viridian and the pokemart and it's warp were MOVED (I didn't put a new warp in, I moved the original), and I went into it fine, but when I came out, I was where the warp used to be.

This also happens in other places too.

same

(note, none of these glitches effected me while hacking ruby, so maybe it's just fire red that has these problems...)
    I add Numbers to your different things.

2. Are You sure?, press F1 to see the About box, where you see the version...
    if you use AdvanceMap 1.90 the glitches would be descriptet by a main/big bug in this version.

1.This happen somethimes, if you insert a map at an invalid position. to fix this reinsert the map as follow:
    - open the map
    - press the insert map button
    - choose bank and map number of the current map at the first row
    - press the replace button.

so you rewrite the actual map at a new offset but in the same header (bank.map) possition.

3. is there a <romname>.ini with old content? if yes, sou schouldn't delete it, but fix it.
    are you sure you use the newest AdvanceMap version?

4. this couldnt be possible...
    do you test with a savestate of the rom (load game on "new game" view on startup)
    or do you use emulator funcionalitis to direkt load the game? this one could make such problem becouse so you have the old mapvalues, on start the rom, becous it savve the compleat data in this way...

greetz LU-HO

Years
  • how about a way to put pokemon like zapdos, entei, and other legendaries not found through through events into a game like emerald, but in an event

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    LU-HO...
    are you considering on adding in A-Map my idea of changing the theme colour of A-Map...?
    Just asking... =)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • what: Drag n drop roms
    description: Basicaly just drag n drop a rom onto a map to open it. It gets a bit annoying to have to select the rom though file>loadrom>romname
    importance:3

Edit

i'll elaborate bit more. after checking something i decided that from how i worded my idea that hte feature was already implmented.

It is possiable to drag n drop a rom on a-maps schortcut to automaticaly open the rom and a-map at same time. but what about having a drag n drop feature for after you open a-map?

Anyway another idea

What: Multipule roms
    Description: Basicaly allows you to open multple roms. Open one rom, then open another rom with the first rom being minimized down untill you maximize it again.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I add Numbers to your different things.

2. Are You sure?, press F1 to see the About box, where you see the version...
    if you use AdvanceMap 1.90 the glitches would be descriptet by a main/big bug in this version.

1.This happen somethimes, if you insert a map at an invalid position. to fix this reinsert the map as follow:
    - open the map
    - press the insert map button
    - choose bank and map number of the current map at the first row
    - press the replace button.

so you rewrite the actual map at a new offset but in the same header (bank.map) possition.

3. is there a <romname>.ini with old content? if yes, sou schouldn't delete it, but fix it.
    are you sure you use the newest AdvanceMap version?

4. this couldnt be possible...
    do you test with a savestate of the rom (load game on "new game" view on startup)
    or do you use emulator funcionalitis to direkt load the game? this one could make such problem becouse so you have the old mapvalues, on start the rom, becous it savve the compleat data in this way...

greetz LU-HO

2 ya it's v. 1.92

1.I used the insert map button, so if there are any map banks that this happen to a lot, please put it in the readme. Also, I made the map without importing a map from a "file"

3.what do you mean BY fix it?

4.I used a savestate and that happened, then I started a new game and it still happened. It hasn't happened in a while though, it could have been a bad copy of the rom because it didn't happen when I started over. I started over because of that, and I didn't have a back-up and another tool caused the rom to stop working. The tool wasn't a-map, because it only happened after I used another tool.

Remember,
    ALWAYS back up your roms!

Oh, and you can't blame it on vista cause I use windows XP

All of life's problems can somehow be traced back to windows vista

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Yea...I don't know if this idea is allready here, but...When you insert tiles in tileset 1,2,3,...and when you inserrt the tileset in A-map, there should be a 90° little tile flip( there are x, and y flip in A-map 1.92)
    Rating:1!!!!!!

Vonny

Spriter and Pkmn Breeder
    Years
  • What: Versatile Tilesets
    Description: Sometimes I mix and match tilesets, and often there's black or magenta glitched-up areas.
    Importance: 1

What: Titled Titlesets
    Description: Because if they were named in addition to a number (maybe with some drop-down list?) we could find the theme we were looking for easier.
    Importance: 8

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • 2 ya it's v. 1.92

1.I used the insert map button, so if there are any map banks that this happen to a lot, please put it in the readme. Also, I made the map without importing a map from a "file"

3.what do you mean BY fix it?

4.I used a savestate and that happened, then I started a new game and it still happened. It hasn't happened in a while though, it could have been a bad copy of the rom because it didn't happen when I started over. I started over because of that, and I didn't have a back-up and another tool caused the rom to stop working. The tool wasn't a-map, because it only happened after I used another tool.

Remember,
    ALWAYS back up your roms!

Oh, and you can't blame it on vista cause I use windows XP

All of life's problems can somehow be traced back to windows vista

1. No this could be every where, but i think i fixed this so it cannot occur anytime...

3. Change the amount of blocks in the readme, if you change them
    or delete the entrys of amount, if you do not increase the number of Blocks for this Tileset.

Yea...I don't know if this idea is allready here, but...When you insert tiles in tileset 1,2,3,...and when you inserrt the tileset in A-map, there should be a 90° little tile flip( there are x, and y flip in A-map 1.92)
    Rating:1!!!!!!

the x and y flip is there in AdvanceMap, becouse the ROM support them.
    The ROM do NOT support 90° so i cannot add this in AdvanceMap.

What: Versatile Tilesets
    Description: Sometimes I mix and match tilesets, and often there's black or magenta glitched-up areas.
    Importance: 1

What: Titled Titlesets
    Description: Because if they were named in addition to a number (maybe with some drop-down list?) we could find the theme we were looking for easier.
    Importance: 8

can you show/make a screen of this glitched-up areas?
    and say what you have do befor this came?
    i never seen something like this, so i have no idea why they could occure.

and who should name the Tilesets?
    if i should do this, i need names for each Tileset, different for R/S, E, FR/LG
    and for each Langauge ;-)

Vonny

Spriter and Pkmn Breeder
    Years
  • LU-HO said:
    can you show/make a screen of this glitched-up areas?
    and say what you have do befor this came?
    i never seen something like this, so i have no idea why they could occure.

and who should name the Tilesets?
    if i should do this, i need names for each Tileset, different for R/S, E, FR/LG
    and for each Langauge ;-)

What I'd do was maybe switch the tilesets. Rarely it does this by itself.
    Good point about the tileset names.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back