• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
  • I do not see any glitched-up areas.
    I only see not set Block Data for the First Tileset Part.
    This is always for First-Part-Inner-Tilesets.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    What: A Scirpting function
    Description: Like have a script editor tab where yo can write scripts and compile them. also have a script base function that you can chose to make a base of the script your writing to add syuff to it
    Importance:2

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years

• Do you can create a animated tiles creator? Like the Lunar Magic of FuSoYa :p?
    Or an Help File with the topics of the A.M. and his functions.

-_- in the previous pages, there are Animation Editor requests 2 or 3 times already...
    and is say before, i will integrate all ideas that are possible.
    in the moment i don't know how the animations work exactly but i will find out for the next AM release......

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    What: Can select several blocks.
    Description: For make a map faster, it's need to can select several blocks in the same time, for place a tree, a house, a pokecenter.....very easely^^
    Importance: 9/10

You can already do that. Just press CTRL and right click and drag.

Sorry if anyone already posted this, I'm kinda rushed for time and I didn't read through the whole thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    What: Allows easier event making
    Description: for each event there should be the option to give to sprite movement permissions, and allow the program to work with other tools such as advance-text. This will make it easier to make events and allow rom hacks to be made faster
    Importance: 7

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • What: Allows easier event making
    Description: for each event there should be the option to give to sprite movement permissions, and allow the program to work with other tools such as advance-text. This will make it easier to make events and allow rom hacks to be made faster
    Importance: 7

You can make that AdvanceMap work with ScriptEd or XSE.
    than you can open/change the events directly form AdvanceMap.
    you have to choose the scripteditor in settings->choose scripteeditor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    You can make that AdvanceMap work with ScriptEd or XSE.
    than you can open/change the events directly form AdvanceMap.
    you have to choose the scripteditor in settings->choose scripteeditor.

yeah i know that but what i was meaning by what I said was to kind of make it visible to what your doing instead of having to type it out. like to make it project what is going to happen as you script it. it will elimenate errors and shorten the amount of time taken to make each script

Years
  • Suggestion- Ability to select any part of the map and copy and paste it anywhere on the map by clicking and dragging around the area you want to select.

Importance- 1

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • yeah i know that but what i was meaning by what I said was to kind of make it visible to what your doing instead of having to type it out. like to make it project what is going to happen as you script it. it will elimenate errors and shorten the amount of time taken to make each script

sorry don't understand ether...

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • sorry don't understand ether...

Simply put he wants you to add a script maker into A-Map. One where you don't need to type out the script, but rather you click buttons and then it adds that line into a list-box.

It's a rather silly idea if you ask me. >_> Just say "No.". :D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Simply put he wants you to add a script maker into A-Map. One where you don't need to type out the script, but rather you click buttons and then it adds that line into a list-box.

It's a rather silly idea if you ask me. >_> Just say "No.". :D

now, why would that be silly? Its great if it only does beginning scripting, as it encourages hackers to learn advanced to make hacks better.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • now, why would that be silly? Its great if it only does beginning scripting, as it encourages hackers to learn advanced to make hacks better.

What I meant was... This is a Map Editor, you shouldn't have a script editor in it. Mainly when there is a perfectly good script editor (XSE). If you want to script, then read the tutorials. -.-

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ability to switch the tiles to their other form (ie. able to see mirage island's tiles during the event, and not during the event, another example would be the cave that the guy is digging in in fr/lg, before and after the league victory) with just a click of a button, without having to compare both versions of the map on some website that has them posted, and risk messing up badly.

importance- 3
    reason for importance rating- (1 is highest right?) more hacks with maps that change later in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2013
    a

srry for the noob question, but if I select the script editor for the advance map and I want to open a Script, there cames an error.

Can somebody say me, what I must do to open event with the script editor without an error message?
    (I selected Pokescript)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • @ Poddish - I'm afraid it's not like that... Mirage Island is already a separate map on its own, and is set to route 130/132/131 (forgot :p) with the command "setmapfooter" which basically sets the Mirage Island map onto the current map, so more like merging of maps.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    I don't think putting a script editor on a Map Editor really has a point. You can just use XSE...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back