• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poor Miley Cyrus

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Let me just say this, if any other American did that, it wouldn't have made a difference or have become a such a craze in the news. "Taunting Asians"? Um, what? Seriously, just about everyone I know (even Asians) have done that at least once with friends at a public place. This is a bunch of crap is what this is. Whoever thinks that has some issues they need to resolve. I mean, seriously. There's even an Asian in the picture.

People need to grow up. Besides, everyone knows Asians are awesome.

She looks so much better like that, in my opinion. Much prettier of a person...

Yeah, I've even done that before. o_o I can understand if she did it to make fun of asians but, she wasn't. Miley was just doing it as any other person would.

I love asians because they are really awesome. Who wouldn't want to look asian? :<

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I think that, unfortunately, if you live in the public eye you have to think twice about your actions. Especially now when everyone has a camera. Regardless of it isn't a big deal to your, or your friends, or to most people in general. When a flub occurs, the media will run with it until you can somehow do something to get yourself out of it.

And, Miley is Disney's golden girl. Disney would probably want to avoid any sort of controversy. So, for the sake of her career, she should be a little more cautious.

She's a teenager and she's goofing around but...you sorta give up some things and have to be more careful when you're in the spotlight.

And if she released pictures like that last year, well that's just stupid.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    rude, and tehres even another asain in the pic!

Thanks for contributing nothing to the thread other than pointing out the obvious and previously stated. In the future, provide some sort of discussion that will help the discussion continue. If you don't have anything productive to reply with, don't reply at all.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Hmm... That is true. I'm just hoping Cyrus doesn't have those "rough" times because it's going to make her look bad. Few people can actually talk seriously about Spears these days.

How unfortunate.

Miley isn't really that bad for a Idol but doing that Is kinda making fun of Japanese people and get this straight Britney had a breakdown but she healed and If Miley has a Breakdown, I'm pretty sure she can heal because She's acting way like Britney look at this:

Fly on the wall = Cameras and Pap's.
    Piece of me = Cameras and Pap's

I see how comparing them now Is very alike abd I hope she does not get in the wrong croud, I quite like Miley. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    The Spanish olympic team got stuffed for a similar incident - the whole team posed for a photo with their eyes pulled 'slanted'. I think that's different to Miley's little photo-prank because while she appears to be just doing it to be kooky rather than rude (plus she appears to have an Asian friend with her), the Spanish team knew they stood a huuuge chance of being called offensive because they were in Beijing.

Miley does need to be careful... I didn't think the nude photos were so bad, because firstly she was (for the most part) covered, but it just proves that these things will gt out there and become perverted by the media. She doesn't make my kind of music, but I can't help but like her.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    It's not fair taht they're on her tail just for that, I mean come on every one does that either dscriminating or just joking I mean she did something that almost everyone does even Asians do it so in any case it's just stupid

Snipe Fire

TheFlamer
    Years
    I really think Miley is a good actor and all but, her show and these incidents are getting common. Although, I don't think I can blame her for the recent one.
    But I still think she's HAWT.

Um, that is the dumbest thing ever said. Good actor? Psh, ya right. Crazy boy say what?
    Incidents common? They're the daily routine, not blame for recent one? Where is the innocence? Still think she's hot? Wtf, get over yourself...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Let me just say this, if any other American did that, it wouldn't have made a difference or have become a such a craze in the news. "Taunting Asians"? Um, what? Seriously, just about everyone I know (even Asians) have done that at least once with friends at a public place. This is a bunch of crap is what this is. Whoever thinks that has some issues they need to resolve. I mean, seriously. There's even an Asian in the picture.

Exactly why I hate the media. They have nothing better to do than to try to ruin decent people's lives by spreading rumors and crap no person with a live would believe or care about. x(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Um, that is the dumbest thing ever said. Good actor? Psh, ya right. Crazy boy say what?
    Incidents common? They're the daily routine, not blame for recent one? Where is the innocence? Still think she's hot? Wtf, get over yourself...

You, my friend, need to watch what you type before you submit it. What you're saying to Advanced about his own personal opinions is rude. It's one thing to criticize someone's views on a subject, but it's another thing to attack their views, which is what I see you doing. So what? He think she's a good actor. A lot of people do. So what? He think she's hot. I can assure you, more than just one person, in this case, Advanced, feels that way. You're telling him he needs to get over himself, but I'm going to direct that comment to you. Get over yourself and grow up. Learn to accept others' opinions and if you feel the need to debate about them, do it in a polite manner.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is sad. First that Olympic basketball team, now this? So sad. I doubt it will hurt her fame though.

BakerForLife

Jesus Saves!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Everybody admires her for the most dumbest things. Personally, I think she's ugly.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Don't you go there. Don't you dare go there. Britney Spears is a successful entertainer. She has had her rough times but she has made it back to the top of the pop industry just where she belongs.

I can't help but laugh at this.

This situation is like people who use the word "nig%%%." People use it all the time, even in casual conversations. Same thing with Jews: lots of people say things about Jews that are ignorant and hateful. But when it's some celebrity like Michael Richards or Mel Gibson, all hell breaks loose.

Back