• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poor Polygon - Seizure not his Fault

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Poor Porygon - Seizure not his Fault

I just heard that famous episode, Electric Soldier Porygon, which caused several children seizures, was not the fault of Porygon. It appears that our beloved Pikachu (I had Pikachu, sense the sarcasm?) caused the blast which covered the screen causing children seizures. And since then the poor Pokemon, and it's evolutionary lines, haven't been in the Anime much, poor thing.

What are your thoughts on this? Should Pikachu be punished? Should Porygon be brought back to our screens? Have you watched this episode? I'm about to, great, I have to read subtitles T_T

EDIT: After watching the episode, it turns out Porygon flashed itself when it got bigger,though Pickachu did make the screen flash multiple colours. Also, most of the flashes were caused by neither Pokemon, so penny for your thoughts? :)

PS. Thanks Mods for deleting duplicate thread!

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Firstly, it's Porygon, not Polygon (I'm sure it was just a typo though). Also it's Pikachu, not Pickachu.

Secondly, anybody can find this out by looking at Bulbapedia. I've heard this before. Now of course they should bring Porygon back to the screens, but they should definetly be wary about flashing images. I think the problem wasn't so much that "Pikachu did this or that" or "Porygon did this and that". In the end they are both cartoons. The problem is that the animators weren't cautious, and because of that we will never get to see that episode translated.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I've watched the episode, and I can tell you, it was mainly Pikachu thunderbolting that missile thing. Then the animators added frame after frame of unnecessary flashing, and Porygon got all the blame.

Of course they wouldn't punished Pikachu. The scraggy rat is the series mascot. But they'll blame Porygon, won't they?

He deserves a second chance. ;/

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Why should Pikachu be punished for something that happened over 13 years ago? I don't really care that Porygon hasn't been in the animé much after that incident since I don't like the Pokémon so it really doesn't bother me.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    Well I haven't seen it, but I know all about this episode (my cousin did a project on it once when he was in primary school and I ended up reading it all. ¬.¬) and I think, it was neither Pokémon's fault, and Porygon and its evolutions should be included in the anime, but I doubt it.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Porygon needs moar attention cause he's so bad ass! He's a frickin computer!!! XD

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    yes Porygon deserves to come back onto the show. It is the only pokemon who hasnt been in more than 1 episode. And besides its pretty darn cute for a pink and blue cubicle xD

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    This is why I love Porygon and hate Pikachu, now I have nothing against Pikachu as a species, I like Pikachus, love them actually, I just hate THAT particular Pikachu.........

Years
    if i watched the episode, will i have an uncontrollable seizure and have to give my favorite past time of all time? :)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Firstly, it's Porygon, not Polygon (I'm sure it was just a typo though).
    *coughcough*Japanese name, look it up, it can be taken as Polygon*coughcough*

It really wasn't its fault at all. Pikachuu was the one who caused the flashing. But what I don't understand is why do the writers need to punish Porygon's EVOLUTIONS?​

Years
    Well Your right it was Pikechu's fult. I watched it, my cousins friend lened me a tape of it. It was old, anyway nothing happened to me. And you right it was Pikachus fult *Why am I reapting things*

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
    Years
    Porygon is not that great. But he's better than Pikachu without fly. I think maybe it was team rockets fault for fire teh missiles. Though team rocket are the best characters in the show.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It was the fault of the mothers of the children for letting their seizure banged children watch TV at 7 in the afternoon. No Pokemon is to be harmed for the stupidity of human society.

I'm not saying this against the Japanese. Because I'd probably say the same thing if the episode made it to America.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Why should Pikachu be punished for something that happened over 13 years ago? I don't really care that Porygon hasn't been in the animé much after that incident since I don't like the Pokémon so it really doesn't bother me.

I think it's really just the simple fact that Pikachu never got any flack for it, yet Porygon did. I dislike Pikachu a LOT more than Porygon. I think Porygon needs to come back and Pikachu get out. Pikachu's death date is loooong overdue anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I never really like Porygon too much. So many better pokemon out there.

Back