• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pop Culture Asylum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Since Iloebet is the only one who claimed, [#UNVOTE] Iloebet

[#LOBOTOMISE] Wiicked

As Bard said, he might be innocent after all this

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • As much as I'd love to vote for Seth simply for calling me a "her", he has been proven innocent and that would be counter-productive to winning. And I'm just going to let the claim that I look suss for acting to Rabi-senpai as I always do slide for the most part. I will say there was certainly no real regret in his death.

I'm still not sure what side wiicked is on and I'm sick of jumping on band wagons.

That and the fact that 'obet (because I still can't figure out if the name starts with two uppercase I'S, an I and an L, two L or what so I can only copy paste the full name) constant self voting and doing something bad enough to earn an extra lobo vote is what I'm going to go on.

So with my hacked together "I honestly lost interest in Mafia and barley check the thread, but am going to finish the game because I signed up for it" reasoning, [#Lobotomise] Iloebet

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • Well for the sake of this game not coming to an abrupt end let me tip the scale.
    [#UNVOTE] Johnny

[#Lobotomise] Wiicked

This does not make me any less suspicious of Johnny.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • As much as I'd love to vote for Seth simply for calling me a "her", he has been proven innocent and that would be counter-productive to winning. And I'm just going to let the claim that I look suss for acting to Rabi-senpai as I always do slide for the most part. I will say there was certainly no real regret in his death.

I'm still not sure what side wiicked is on and I'm sick of jumping on band wagons.

That and the fact that 'obet (because I still can't figure out if the name starts with two uppercase I'S, an I and an L, two L or what so I can only copy paste the full name) constant self voting and doing something bad enough to earn an extra lobo vote is what I'm going to go on.

So with my hacked together "I honestly lost interest in Mafia and barley check the thread, but am going to finish the game because I signed up for it" reasoning, [#Lobotomise] Iloebet

I knew it but I-I was thinking wrongly and uh doing stuff I-I swear!

Anyway yes the three mafias are Arsenic Johnny and Wiicked.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Pop Culture Asylum

Night 4

"I'm a bit drunk right now," the narrator intoned, filled to the brim with gin. "Sort your own story out. What are you always looking at me for catharsis!?

"A coin toss? A tied lobotomy vote? What do you think this is, the World Cup opening match? Ugh, fine, have your fucking coin toss, you bunch of animals. What do I care?

"Heads, all the weirdos drag lloebet to the Lobotomy Room; tails, they drag Wiicked. This doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things, but whatever.

[flips coin]

"OK boys, drag the secretary away. Happy fucking new year, you bunch of crazies!"

And with that, Kitty Sanchez's fate was sealed by the tossing of a coin. Ordinarily, I'd put a lot more work and effort into this, but having people tie a vote at 9:59pm and make me write this all out live and actually toss a coin, which I don't think I've properly done in months if not years, and not go to my usual Mussolini-like timekeeping just makes me want to get more drunk on NYE and woops I forgot to put the speech marks in oh well, happy new year guys, wheeeeeeeeee!​

lloebet has been lobotomised. He was Kitty Sanchez.

Day will end approximately 24 hours from now at 10:00pm GMT. There are still ways for both factions to win, provided that their NAs are used successfully, so get them into me ASAP. Although, given that it's NYE, if you're delayed, I won't be my standard disciplinarian self. Happy 2017!
    Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    *Or lobotomize... whatever. Not going to be a grammar Nazi on this.
    The Staff and Patient List

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Pecilia as Dr. Jennifer Melfi
    Johnny as ???
    Salzorrah as Emily Dickinson
    Lelouch as Raven Baxter
    Alex Kaz as Kelly Bailey
    jdthebud as Norman Bates Manson
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as the Governor
    NightKrow as Charles Manson
    EvilChameleon as Dr. Frasier Crane
    Nick Wilde as Dr. Evil

lloebet as Kitty Sanchez

Charlie Brown as the Joker
    Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as ???
    Nakuzami as Blanche DuBois Manson
    Seth Rollins as ???

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Pop Culture Asylum

Day 5

After her New Years' revelations, Clemmy Johnson felt good. At least if she was going to leave this place brain-dead, she might have helped other people avoid her now-sealed fate. Everyone knew something, even if no one knew everything. She said goodbye to Paul Blart, and walked the corridors to the Lobotomy Room. She knew what was going to happen and didn't want to go out kicking and screaming. It was a rare moment of lucidity for her. Sure enough, when she arrived at the Lobotomy Room, Nurse Ratched was already setting up the chair.

"You know Clemmy, what worries me is how your mother is going to take this." Ratched smirked, with an icy grin.
    "I spent my senior year making out with my boyfriend in his hearse all night. Then I'd sleep all day and watch soap operas all afternoon. Now I can't get a job frying French fries cause I don't have a high school diploma. And the only job I can get involves having yahoos like you with your hand up my skirt!" Clemmy replied.

Ratched wasn't sure how to respond to that, for once in her life. That brief moment of hesitation allowed the partially hidden figure behind the door to strike:

"Moooonnnnggggoooooooo!"

There was no way Mongo was letting Clemmy Johnson (his new best friend after Dr. Frasier Crane) go into that long good night free of personality. Having followed her surreptitiously for the evening, Mongo finally got the opportunity to act like the bodyguard he always knew he could be. If he had more of his mental faculties, he might have felt more guilty about sucker punching a woman in the face and throwing her onto a steel chair and strapping her down and lobotomising her. But, for Clemmy Johnson's sake, he felt no guilt at all when pulling the switch.

Stunned by the turn of events, Clemmy and Mongo (now a couple!?) rushed to inform the others of this shocking plot twist as Nurse Ratched lay in the chair, drool falling from her slack jaw.​

Arsenic has been lobotomised. He was Nurse Ratched.

Day will end approximately 48 hours from now at 10:00pm GMT, or unless I get votes in sooner. Fun, fun fun!
    Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LOBOTOMISE] Username.* If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Lelouch as Raven Baxter
    Alex Kaz as Kelly Bailey
    Abby as ???
    gimmepie as the Governor
    Nick Wilde as Dr. Evil

lloebet as Kitty Sanchez

Wiicked as ???
    Arsenic as Nurse Ratched
    Seth Rollins as ???

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • YES.

[#LOBOTOMISE] Wiicked

Pretty obvious that the remaining mafia are Wiicked and Johnny. So there's no need to claim anymore boys, you're out.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 5 vote tally so far

Wiicked - 3 (Abby, Bardothren, Seth Rollins)

Yet to vote: Aquacorde, Johnny, Wiicked

24 hours remain in the day phase, but I'll happily end this sooner if I get the remaining votes in beforehand.

The popcorn is nearly all gone, unfortunately. It's probably Stephen Colbert's fault; look at how gleeful he is!
    Pop Culture Asylum

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Pop Culture Asylum

Game over

After Nurse Ratched's surprise lobotomy, Fig and Wormtail feared the worst. They were surrounded. Everyone knew their alignment. They'd been responsible for lobotomising and poisoning the patients they'd be employed to protect from harm. Fig attempted to make peace, brandishing her white silk handkerchief from the door of the Asylum Staff Room.

But Feathers don't take no shit.

Turns out, as well as being a fluffy, waddling message spreader, this lil' penguin has a powerful bite. He bit Fig's hand so hard that she screamed, revealing her location to all. The four remaining patients quickly gathered around the gruesome twosome and hauled them straight to the Lobotomy Room.

"Any last words, you scum?" Paul Blart asked?
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life. You two only pawns in game of death!" Mongo replied.
    "Errrr, Mongo, that question wasn't for you." Clemmy cautioned.
    "Mongo not understand basic rules of syntax and grammar. But spatial reasoning through roof." Mongo continued.
    "Let's just end this mother," Feathers concluded, contraband cigarette in his beak as he pulled the switch on them both.​

Wiicked has been lobotomised. He was Peter Pettigrew.
    Johnny has been lobotomised. He was Natalie Figueroa.

The patients (Abby, Aquacorde, Bardothren and Seth Rollins) and the Joker (Charlie Brown) have won the game!

Pop Culture Asylum

Thanks for playing, everyone. This was so much fun. I'll put a trivia post up later tonight for those who are interested in how all this shit went down!

Pop Culture Asylum
    Rules and Mechanics

Mr Cat Dog as the GM

Aquacorde as Feathers McGraw
    Bardothren as Clemmy Johnson (Confused Cop)
    Johnny as Natalie Figueroa
    Lelouch as Raven Baxter
    Alex Kaz as Kelly Bailey
    Abby as Paul Blart (Insane Cop)
    gimmepie as the Governor
    Nick Wilde as Dr. Evil

lloebet as Kitty Sanchez

Wiicked as Peter Pettigrew

Arsenic as Nurse Ratched
    Seth Rollins as Mongo

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Mafia: *poisons me*
    Also mafia: Hey, cult us all so we can both win. Otherwise we could kill/poison you.
    Me: srsly

...Good game though. 10/10 would play again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back