• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Pop punk

Shonen_God

A shonen anime binge watcher, erm, well pretty muc
    Years
    Does anyone here like pop punk/rock? If so...what are ur favorite bands or songs? So far I really like some of the stuff off of Selena Gomez & the Scene's debut, Avril Lavigne, MCR, Green Day and blink-182... it's a genre I need to listen to more lol.

Years
    Does anyone here like pop punk/rock? If so...what are ur favorite bands or songs? So far I really like some of the stuff off of Selena Gomez & the Scene's debut, Avril Lavigne, MCR, Green Day and blink-182... it's a genre I need to listen to more lol.

Ngl, I honestly thought I was the only person that had even heard of Selena Gomez & the Scene :)

Years

You 100% do!!!!! Firstly they're a bit heavier but definitely dabble in it, you need to listen to Zebrahead. I'd probably go between like 2000 and 2006 for the more Pop Punk albums, after that they get heavier. Otherwise, I'd also recommend the following bands:

- Good Charlotte
    - Taking Back Sunday
    - Yellowcard
    - New Found Glory
    - Patent Pending
    - Sum 41
    - All Time Low

Those are more of your like popular "Pop" Punk bands, but for a bit more gritty stuff then check out:

- MxPx
    - NOFX
    - The Offspring
    - A Day to Remember
    - Rancid

You've got some pretty solid picks in there! What are your favourite MCR/Green Day/Blink-182 albums?

Last edited:
    Years
    I love pop-punk, and completely agree with all of Rabi's recommendations. Adding to these:

-Paramore (specifically their first two albums)
    -Mayday Parade
    -Fall Out Boy
    -Panic! at the Disco (specifically their first album, although their other stuff is pretty good too)
    -All Time Low

The bands you listed are also really good. I'm especially fond of MCR and Blink-182.

Shonen_God

Years
    You 100% do!!!!! Firstly they're a bit heavier but definitely dabble in it, you need to listen to Zebrahead. I'd probably go between like 2000 and 2006 for the more Pop Punk albums, after that they get heavier. Otherwise, I'd also recommend the following bands:

- Good Charlotte
    - Taking Back Sunday
    - Yellowcard
    - New Found Glory
    - Patent Pending
    - Sum 41
    - All Time Low

Those are more of your like popular "Pop" Punk bands, but for a bit more gritty stuff then check out:

- MxPx
    - NOFX
    - The Offspring
    - A Day to Remember
    - Rancid

You've got some pretty solid picks in there! What are your favourite MCR/Green Day/Blink-182 albums?

My favorite Blink albums are definitely their debut and Enema of the State. Carousel off their debut is fast and catchy, while the latter has All The Small Things.

As for Green Day, I really like the American Idiot album- my highlights on it are Wake Me Up When September Ends, American Idiot, Holiday/Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and Jesus of Suburbia.

Shonen_God

Years
    I love pop-punk, and completely agree with all of Rabi's recommendations. Adding to these:

-Paramore (specifically their first two albums)
    -Mayday Parade
    -Fall Out Boy
    -Panic! at the Disco (specifically their first album, although their other stuff is pretty good too)
    -All Time Low

The bands you listed are also really good. I'm especially fond of MCR and Blink-182.

Ooooh I like Panic!'s first album! It was pretty good, Paramore and FOB also made some good stuff too

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I see someone made a thread about my lifeblood without telling me..... I love pop-punk and emo music and it's like my most listened to genre full stop.

All the bands listed here are great, I'm gonna throw in The Story So Far, Citizen, Trophy Eyes, Turnover and The Wonder Years as some fantastic modern pop punk bands - they've all deviated from the genre now, but they all firmly started out as pop punk bands and have matured into amazing bands in their own rights. The Greatest Generation by the Wonder Years is IMO one of the best pop punk albums there is.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Pop-punk bands such as Green Day, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Sum 41 were my go-to bands back in my high school days! I recently found Good Charlotte on Spotify and I felt like I was just teleported to my freshman year of high school, like 14. I felt like they understood what I was going through back then, and their song "I Just Wanna Live" is STILL relevant with what we went through these past few months.

AFI, HIM and 30 Seconds to Mars are good ones to add too. I recommend listening to HIM's album "Dark Light". Pure amazingness.

Years

I'm curious - how did you get on with finding new punk music to listen to?

Back