• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popular Pokemon that have never appeared in your party.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
Years
  • Exactly what it says on the tin, Is there any Pokemon EXCLUDING ledgendaries that is particularly popular with a lot of players but has never appeared in your party even once?
    Whether it be by chance or just the fact that you don't like it, I'd like to hear why that Pokemon has never appeared in your party.

For me it's Jolteon, Blissey, Bronzong, Houndoom & Weezing. I don't dislike any of these Pokemon, Infact I like them all, but when I plan out my party I always forget about them until far into the games then I just don't bother. I'm sure there are a few I'm missing but I'd like to hear your replies.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    Ive used every Pokemon (excluding legendaries) except Snorlax im gonna use him in HG/SS though.

Left4Dead

Years
  • xDD believe it or not I never had a pikachu in my party. It's sad I know.

Wow that's unbelievable, although the only time I've ever actually had Pikachu in my party was during Pokemon Yellow and one time when I was pretending to be Ash haha. Now THATS sad xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Um... Define "Popular," please.

If you mean Popular as in the current OU metagame, then Rotom (Any form) is one.
    Can't think of others right now...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Only time I used Pikachu was in Yellow, and the few times I wanted a Raichu. But I normally stick Raichu with TMs and evolve the Pikachu as soon as possible. But I really do hate Pikachu. That's my main reason. -.-

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Oh wow...

Believe it or not, Slowking has never been in my party, but I plan on getting one in HG/SS.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Quite a few, actually...Arcanine, Alakazam, Gengar, any of the Eeveelutions, Meganium, Blissey, Blaziken, Flygon, Salamence, Empoleon, Staraptor, Garchomp, and Rotom just from the top of my head...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Rotom, caterpie and it's evolutions, abra and its evolutions and i guess thats it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Too many to count. I know I've never used the Grass starter from DPP or Meganium. I've never had a Houndoom (but I wanted one) and various other mons.

Years
  • Garchomp, Vaporeon, Ludicolo, Tauros, Blissey, Ambipom, Electivire, Magmortar...

There are others but I don't know their popularity.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • Magnezone, Skarmory (except for HMs!), Wobbuffet, Blissey, Electivire, Flygon. Someday I plan to try these all out. :]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Salamence, Garchomp, Houndoom, Weavile, Blissey, Alakazam,, Arcanine, Gengar...

I choose my teams based on what Pokemon appeal to me, not what's strongest or most popular. Many of the above named Pokemon are quite ugly IMO and I can't imagine ever using them.

I only used my arch-nemesis Pikachu once, in Pokemon Yellow. And in true "imitate Ash" form, I deliberately lost to Brock, Sabrina, and Blaine the first time :P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Wow that's unbelievable, although the only time I've ever actually had Pikachu in my party was during Pokemon Yellow and one time when I was pretending to be Ash haha. Now THATS sad xD

oh haha I frogot about yellow! but the thing is that I didnt have it on my party for long lol

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Dratini, and as many have said Pikachu. I've only used Pikachu twice. The first time was on Yellow, the second was for 5 minutes on Gold before I realized it was pretty weak. Here's my advice:

If you ever go for a Electric Pokemon, go for Magnemite/Magneton!! They have excellent defense due to their Steel type combo.

I don't like to use Eeveelutions, and if I do use one, I use Espeon. Wait. OH MY GOD!!

SUPER EPIPHANY!!!

I just realized why they call it Espeon! Duh! It's because of E.S.P.! Why haven't I thought of that before?

Left4Dead

Years
  • Salamence, Garchomp, Houndoom, Weavile, Blissey, Alakazam,, Arcanine, Gengar...

I choose my teams based on what Pokemon appeal to me, not what's strongest or most popular. Many of the above named Pokemon are quite ugly IMO and I can't imagine ever using them.

I only used my arch-nemesis Pikachu once, in Pokemon Yellow. And in true "imitate Ash" form, I deliberately lost to Brock, Sabrina, and Blaine the first time :P

Never Salamence or Garchomp? That's rare to hear :O most of the people that do wi-fi battling have wet dreams about these two lol can't say I personally find them attractive to use (mainly just 'cause I only play in-game and I only use my favourites) but I've at least given them a go to see what all the fuss was about xD

An never Alakazam or Gengar? That's another rare one right there lol
    I personally like these two although I rarely have them in my party.

Ahh... So im not the only one who went round Imitating Ash xD Thank god! haha

Back