• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Popular Pokemon that have never appeared in your party.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well , there's the yellow rat , Blissey (plain sux , cuz I dunno how to use it ... -__-) , Aerodactyl (dunno , planned on using it in FR but it was Lv. 5 !!! @_@) and Garchomp (Dragonite is enough bother to me ... Salamence as well) .

Others , I can't think , even though there ARE many ... :)

The Red Chain

• Blissey
    • Aerodactyl
    • Charizard
    • Infernape
    • Porygon-Z
    • Heracross
    • Scizor
    • Tyranitar
    • Umbreon
    • Metagross
    • Lucario
    • Drapion

Yup.. that about sums it up.
    I don't use Pokemon I don't like no matter how powerful or over-rated. :x

Years
    The only popular stuff I've never used before I can think off now would be the Treecko and Piplup lines, except for using Piplup as a HM slave.
    Oh, and I have also never used stuff like Dialga or Arceus before. I did use all the older legends though at some point (except for Mew and Celebi of course).

Oh, and since when is Bronzong popular outside of competitive battling? But, in case it is: I never used it before as well.

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    i don't think i have used dragonite in a game I was planning on garchomp at some stage but never happened. I. Also. Hate. Bronzong! i usually use my favorites not other peoples favorites and cause i can go on wifi Salamance has low appeal to me unless i have a reason for it not likely to be on my team.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Scizor, Blissey, Metagross, Salamance, Glalie, Garchomp and a bunch more that I can't think of.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I rarely, if ever, use Ubers. For example, when I got the TRU Arceus, I was all "wow this is cool time to wipe the E4 with it." Did that once, and buried it in my boxes never to let it see the light of day again. I know, I'm cruel to God. :D There's a bunch of other Pokémon that I've never used, though that might change once I begin breeding my HG team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i never used a dragonite or a snorlax(not that popular )

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Competitively, I never use any DDer aside from Gyarados.

Outside of such, I've never used Aerodactyl because you get it way too late in the games.

Also, Blissey's incredibly useless outside of competitive battling. Walls are useless in in-game battling.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Garchomp, Salamence, Gyarados, Pidgeot. Everybody had these, I wanted an original team

Golem, Alakazam, Machamp, Gengar. couldn't trade till I got my Diamond. and I've never used them anyways.

Legendaries, except Latios. I haven't even caught any legendaries except this one in emerald. And I don't train the ones I have caught in Diamond and Platinum.

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    I have never used:
    donphan
    foretress
    cloyster
    any porygon
    slaking
    steelix
    lucario
    torterra

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Some that i can think of off the top of my head are, Torterra, slaking, and gengar.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
    I have never used and will never use a Garchomp. It's so overpowered that only powerful Ice Pokemon stand any chance, and plus I tend to avoid super-popular Pokemon, which is why I will also never touch a Skarmory, Lucario, etc.

PikachuColoredKiller

Veteran Gamer
    Years
    Depends on if you mean long-term, or a few days to a week.
    If just a few days counts,, I'd say I've used every popular pokemon and many not popular pokemon in my party at one time or another.

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    I always use Pokémon I like. ^^ No matter how good or bad they are! I've never used a Garchomp though... it's kind of ugly imo. :P

Years
    I too have never caught/trained a Gyarados,

To be honest I haven't ever really used a water type in my party, I always choose water types as my starter because I find it difficult (or should I say I forget) to catch them/train them later on in the game.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    Believe it or not, I've never had either:

• Charmander (or evos),
    • Gyarados (tried training Magikarp without Day Care, but gave up:P),
    • Torchic (or evos),
    • or any IV Gen-exclusive Pokémon due to the fact that I've never played IV Gen :S

Back