• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Portals

zlip

______
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I was recently looking at some of the "Greatest Storyline Games Ever" lists and saw alot of them have "Portals" listed fairly high. After doing a little research I found it has recivied an amazing amount of praise and its a physics game which personally I love! Is it worth its money and what exacactly is it about? Couldn't find much on the plot...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If you mean Portal (as opposed to Portals), I'll have to admit I've never played it personally. I've only seen Let's Plays of the game, and I do feel familiar with the gameplay and confident I know the storyline.

There's really very little obvious plot. The main character, Chell, wakes up in a test facility of some sort and is instructed to continue through the different chambers so she can be examined. The AI directing her through the place is called GLaDOS, and Chell eventually obtains a device that could fire linked portals so she could warp around her environment and progress. That's about all without providing spoilers.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Portal is great. It's an amazing game, although it's a bit short (because it wasn't meant to be a full-fledged game). At any rate, it's worth the money you'll pay for it. I got it for free because they had an epic sale last year, but I would've paid the actual money.

As Azure said, it's about this person called Chell who is instructed through 'Test Chambers' by an AI called GLaDOS. And you get to think with portals.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I've been meaning to finish it. From what I've played, it's amazing in terms of originality and storyline but the story is slightly creepy which has deterred me from continuing. >.>;

Yes, I'm a wuss.

Last edited:

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I love the Half Life series.

I was rather Insulted at your lack of research into the Portal Game. It's so amazingly simple and good.

Portal 2 is coming out soon.

EDIT:

And Eon, don't worry. It's never 'Scary'. The Scariest thing is GLaDOS's wonderfully morbid and funny commentary.

Back