• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

porygon clip.....

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    thanks man u are 1 awsome dude
    i dont know how that can make people have seizures no affect at all it must

Last edited:

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
    FIRST of all, the thing that causes seizures is the affect of the television screen. Because the clip has been compressed, decreasing image quality and frame rate, it nullifies the effect.

AND, I take offense to the abbreviation "Japs," as it was a derogatory term derived from World War II. And not just here, all around the PC. ~_~; Somebody better get that out there.

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    Rifted said:
    FIRST of all, the thing that causes seizures is the affect of the television screen. Because the clip has been compressed, decreasing image quality and frame rate, it nullifies the effect.

AND, I take offense to the abbreviation "Japs," as it was a derogatory term derived from World War II. And not just here, all around the PC. ~_~; Somebody better get that out there.

well if no one's using the word in a bad way, it's ok, isn't it?

oh and optic, it's from "Porygon: Electric Soldier"

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    :laugh: seizure clip! :laugh: i laugh at that name.well....even though i didnt see it yet, it still sounds funny. it's getting late, and i'm tired,so i'll see it tommorrow. heehee...seizures..

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
    Years
    images said:
    well if no one's using the word in a bad way, it's ok, isn't it?

The word is bad. Doesn't matter how it's used. It's bad. Period.

People may think it's like a shortening of the word "Japanese," sorta like "Brit" and "British," but its become racist to Japanese Americans because it was used in a negative context such as "No Japs Allowed," "dirty Jap," "kill the Jap," etc. during WWII.

Thanks, Fudge, for editing your post. :)

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    no prob i didnt realize that it meant that sorry man i just thought it meant japanese

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    :laugh: i just saw the porygon clip. that was nothing! i've seen alot more flashing lights than that. i thought i would see something really cool *walks aways dissapointed*

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    you need real player. you can dwnload it on the realplayer site

Rifted said:
    The word is bad. Doesn't matter how it's used. It's bad. Period.

People may think it's like a shortening of the word "Japanese," sorta like "Brit" and "British," but its become racist to Japanese Americans because it was used in a negative context such as "No Japs Allowed," "dirty Jap," "kill the Jap," etc. during WWII.

Thanks, Fudge, for editing your post. :)

i guess you're right. but i've always thought that the words you stay away from make them seem like bad ones. what i mean is that there are some people who use the bad terms on themselves to make the tensity of it disappear and make it into a word which isn't such a bad one. but whatever, guess it can be seen as a bad comment, so never mind XP

jynx said:
    Have you managed to find "The Ice Cave" clip?
    Or any pictures with The Ice Cave?
    check serebii net

Last edited:
    Back