• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon-Z

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I'd go with Tri Attack for the STAB and status inflicting potential, Discharge/Thunderbolt (whether you want to do more damage or cause paralysis more often), Signal Beam or Dark Pulse for Psychics, and Ice Beam for Dragons.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    -Shadow Ball (for Ghosts and Psychics)
    -Tri Attack (STAB and status)
    -Thunderbolt (For Water and Flying types)
    -Ice Beam (For Dragon, Grass, Ground, and Flying types)

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    this has been asked at least a zillion times..

you want tri attack for stab, thunderbolt and icebeam for good coverage. psychic is an alternative for tbolt and ice beam, but bolt beam is a very good combo with tri attack. last and not least you can have nasty plot.

-tri attack
    -tbolt
    -ice beam
    -nasty plot

that's the best moveset.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    PorygonZ @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
    252 SAttk/252 Spd/4 HP -- Timid/Modest
    Scheme/Hyper Beam
    Ice Beam/Dark Pulse
    Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting

Use Boltbeam, or Pulse/HP Fight. Both have great coverage. For Specs, use Hyper Beam. The ability is a toss-up, but I like Download. The nature is up to you, I'd use Timid.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2007
    Pass.

Agiligon-Z is the best set for him. :)

- Agility
    - Tri-Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Agility and sweep with 405 special attack (my in-game one has 405 on the dot). Modest.
    TBolt and Ice Beam anything they are super effective on, and Tri-Attack everything else.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Pass.

- Agility
    - Tri-Attack
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Agility and sweep with 405 special attack (my in-game one has 405 on the dot). Modest.
    TBolt and Ice Beam anything they are super effective on, and Tri-Attack everything else.

I like Psychic on Z, to handle Fighting-types and the chance of lowering SDef.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    SE Psychic: 160 BP. 10% SDef lowering chance.
    STAB Tri-Attack with Adaptability: 160 BP. 10% chance of burn. 10% chance of para. 10% chance of freeze.

...yeah.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Porygon-Z@Life Orb
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    4 HP/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd
    Adaptability Trait
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack
    -Nasty Plot
    With the speed boosting nature you don't have to worry about agility, you'll already be faster, and potentially doubleing your special attack, in my opinion, is a thousand times better than doubling speed. Adaptability is the wanted trait here seeing as it is a whole nother STAB. And the thunderbolt/ ice beam combo is resisted by few.

Tri Attack + STAB + Adaptability = 180 base power Tri Attack.
    ^^That's the main reason you would want this set. Plus, this is the best way to handle him.

Fear for the Glitched pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    To what Schyther wrote. He was assuming that Adaptability was an extra STAB. It's not, it simply changes STAB to 2x.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    i want a porygon z even tho i hav5 of them

Who cares?

PorygonZ @ Life Orb/Choice Specs
    252 SAttk/252 Spd/4 HP -- Timid/Modest
    Scheme/Hyper Beam
    Ice Beam/Dark Pulse
    Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting

Use Boltbeam, or Pulse/HP Fight. Both have great coverage. For Specs, use Hyper Beam. The ability is a toss-up, but I like Download. The nature is up to you, I'd use Timid.

That moveset was right down the toilet.

Pass.

I'm afraid not.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Well, you have any advice along with that criticism? Here would be my moveset, note that I don't use Porygon-Z

Porygon-Z-Timid
    Nasty Plot
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    I could of sworn I saw this same set eairler. But I don't use this. Nutrisweet, make changes as you see fit.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Well, you have any advice along with that criticism? Here would be my moveset, note that I don't use Porygon-Z

Porygon-Z-Timid
    Nasty Plot
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    I could of sworn I saw this same set eairler. But I don't use this. Nutrisweet, make changes as you see fit.

I actually think anything along the lines of *not* Agility and *definitely not* Hyper Beam would be fine. That moveset was mentioned earlier, and it's probably one of the best things you can do for a P-Z.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Hyper Beam is last-resort. But you're right, it shouldn't be used with Specs. I don't know what I was thinking.

Maybe you could Scheme up and Hyper Beam for fun.

Ethereal

Pokemon Proffessor
    Years
    I would just like to say... use a Porygon2!! get a special sweeper somewhere else.

OK, so that is harsh, but I was a real fan of Porygon2 and feel that this 'Z' kind of betrays the Porygon tank spirit.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    I would just like to say... use a Porygon2!! get a special sweeper somewhere else.

OK, so that is harsh, but I was a real fan of Porygon2 and feel that this 'Z' kind of betrays the Porygon tank spirit.

Porygon2 is a novelty Pokemon.

Back