• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon-Zed or Porygon-Zee?

How do you pronounce Porygon-Z?

• Total voters

Haunter90

Tactical Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    I am from England and i call it Porygon-zee, because Porygon-zed just sounds dumb

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    It's zee. That's how the PBR announcer says it, and in a subtle way, zee sounds more technological than zed.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I don't think Porygon-Z has yet been introduced into the anime. But it's likely that he will pronounce as "zee," since y'know ... "american pokemon cartoons." You answered your question yourself there ...

Gysztaf

Event Collector
    Years
    It's Porygon Zee...I say zee 'cause I watch TV shows from the United States of America:)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I doubt Porygon-Z will be in the anime, following suit with Porygon2. Ever since the Electric Soldier Porygon episode, the line hasn't been seen since. Ironically, the moment that caused the many hospital visits was Thunderbolt from Pikachu. So, Porygon and his evolutions never get in the anime again, while Pikachu gets every episode ever made.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I haven't really thought about it. But since in my language (Dutch) we pronounce 'Z' as 'Zet', I think I'll pronounce it as 'zed'. But I doubt I will ever get a Porygon Z. x3

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I say it as zee. I have never come across people that have sad Zed, and believe me I have alot of friends that play/watch pokemon..

Years
    I never really thought about it until I was talking with a friend from the United States, heh. It's probably the only Pokemon that Americans will pronounce differently then Brits and Canucks.

So, how do you pronounce it? ^_^

HAY~
    JUST BECAUSE I'M CANADIAN DOES NOT MAKE ME A CANUCK FAN.

Pore-ee-gahwn-zed

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
    i say porogon ZEE and I'm from the US i think its sounds right.. i've never heard anyone call it porygon zed anyways..

~PokemonRox

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've never thought of it being calling Porygon-Zee, I just say Porygon-Zed. I don't really like zee although that's the way it'll be pronounced because the anime is dubbed in America...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    But then again.

I would pronounce it Zee, but I thought myself to name him Zed when I get one. I like Porygon, he was useless as normal Porygon, was about the lvl of an Ursaring as Porygon2, So hopefully this new Porygon Zed/Zee, is in the legendary range. Not like Mew or Darkrai, But Salamence, or what have you. One of the end page pokemon. (Endpage, ie being just before the legendary pokemon in that game versions pokedex, which generally means they are higher end, sometimes stronger. IE Bagon, Salamence, Metagross, Kabuto Dragonite.)

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    i pronounced it ZEE right away, but then again i live in the u.s.

although porygon-zed definitely does not roll off the tongue at all, so i'm glad to be a zee-er

Back