• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possibility of New Pokémon

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Seeing as Pokémon X and Y didn't introduce many new Pokémon do you think OmegaRuby ane AlphaSapphire will? Hoenn hasba vary diverse ecosystem which may have many undiscovered species. So what type of new Pokémon or forms are you hoping for?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I can't see any new Pokemon appearing in OR/AS, because it's not the start of a new generation. However, new forms are possible.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    I hope that GameFreak will stop with all those forms. I'm really getting tired of them... I'd rather have a bunch of mega evolutions to be honest

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Since this is just a remake and not the start of a new generation, I'd highly doubt that we'll be getting new pokémon. I would bet on new Megas though.

My personal picks for mega stone candidates are Sceptile, Swampert, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Gallade, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Altaria, Milotic, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There might be a very very small chance Gamefreak would blindside us with something like this but with it being a remake I really doubt it. If it had been a sequel there may have been a slightly better chance.

I feel like if they were going to add a second batch of new pokemon then the next game would have been Pokemon Z. (X2 & Y2) It would a bit strange to add another bunch of pokemon after these remakes, they might as well keep whatever they have designed for the next generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Actually the possibility of 'new' Pokemon is there. It's entirely possible that instead of releasing Hoopa and Volcanion in Pokemon X and Y they could release them in these games. Volcanion's Fire/Water typing certainly lends itself well to the Team Aqua and Team Magma dichotomy. Hoopa could easily have an event at Mount Pyre.

As far as new Megas are concerned, I'm a bit skeptic on that. Because the only other Megas hidden in X and Y's data is Latios and Latias. And while I could totally see us getting their Megastone in these games I can't really see Gamefreak making new Megas that wouldn't be compatible with X and Y. I suppose they could release a patch if they wanted to solve that problem... But then why have Mega Latios and Mega Latias in X and Y's data?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    At the most I can see a handful of like twenty/thirty new Pokemon being introduced but it's the same region as before and just a remake so how they'd be incorporated with a logical explanation is beyond me entirely.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    The sixth gen region. How could they exclude fairy types, mega evolutions, etc. I think it will be kind of like hgss, where there were 2 regions.
    There's nothing stating that Kalos and Hoenn are anywhere near each other. Additionally, nothing has said Fairies are exclusive to Kalos. I imagine from this point on, Fairy-types will be included in every region since it's now an official type. Things like Azumarill in Hoenn will just have Fairy tacked onto it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Personally, I sort of hope that they do introduce some all-new pokemon, if for no other reason than that there are so many people who are insisting that they won't, or even can't - as if Arceus Himself reached down from on high and issued a proclamation, "Thou shalt not introduce new pokemon except that it be in a new region."

Will they though? I have no idea, but I sort of doubt it. I think it's likely that they'll include the newer evolutions/pre-evolutions of existing Hoenn pokemon (Gallade, Budew, Roserade etc.) and undoubtedly they'll shoehorn in a few others to round out the dex and to satisfy the people who are sure to rage if they can't play the game with whatever pokemon it is that they insist on using in every single game, but that'll be about it, save for the likelihood of new megas.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    I think it is possible for the introduction of some new Pokemon, and here's why:
    1. Very little Pokemon were added for the introduction of a new Generation with XY - The games introduced a very small amount of Pokemon compared to other generations, so it seems plausible the can add more.

2. Nintendo can send patches via Wi-Fi/Retail Stores - We can easily patch our X and Y Versions in order to have the Pokemon "registered" so they can be traded to and from the games

3. From what the Nintendo Company said - The Nintendo Company said "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world." Now we obviously know it's not going to be brand new due to the fact we have seen the region itself in past games, but this can be alluding to some added area/region that can contain a fairly small amount of new Pokemon that can shed light on the whole Alpha and Omega deal?

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    There's nothing stating that Kalos and Hoenn are anywhere near each other. Additionally, nothing has said Fairies are exclusive to Kalos. I imagine from this point on, Fairy-types will be included in every region since it's now an official type. Things like Azumarill in Hoenn will just have Fairy tacked onto it.

It's really just a guess, lol. In trying to make sense out of this whole thing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I honestly don't see why they would. A lot of people like to argue that they will simply because we didn't have as many new Pokemon as we usually do, but really, so what? Just because the latest generation introduced a little over 60, doesn't mean they have some stored elsewhere. What would be the point of them introducing new Pokemon, now? I'm not opposed to having them, at all. I just don't see any reason why we should expect them.

New forms for the legendaries, sure I expect that, especially after this, " The Japanese arm of The Pokémon Company sent out an e-mail to all Daisuki Club members which ends up pointing out the differences to Groudon & Kyogre on the box-art, stating that they're showcasing "never before seen Pokémon", the same terminology they used for Black & White Kyurem, as well as Mega Mewtwo Y upon their reveal, indicating that they are more than stylised artwork of the Pokémon. We'll bring more on this as it comes". But as for entirely separate, new to any region Pokemon, is kind of ridiculous sounding to me.

Back