• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Possibilty of breeding Zapdos and Entei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrono

perfect day.
Years
  • Not even a chance? (with a ditto)

I'd love to train a Zapdos myself. It's among my fav. pokemon and the prospect that it may be much stronger makes wonder whether that's possible...

I suck at making threads. (if you haven't noticed already!)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Unfortunately, no Legendary Pokemon can be bred with a Ditto, or any kind of Pokemon, for that matter. Where Zapdos is among your favourites, you may have to get one from FireRed/LeafGreen, or even XD: Gale of Darkness, if you're wanting it on your R/S/E file.

The only Legendary that can breed is Manaphy, but that only creates Phione.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Sorry mate the only legendary that can breed is manaphy, and even that you get a Phione from (which can't evolve). Your only chance is to use an action replay to force breed it, or pokesav a lvl 1 Zapdos.

EDIT: Damn I was beaten to it!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    No Legenadary can be bread(Except Manaphy of course) , impossible.
    Though, I like the idea...

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • Oh ok. Thanks a lot guys. It was/is nice of you for replying so quickly. :)

I guess I'll just have to get one via GameShark then. :\

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    That's true, my Gameshark didn't work when I got it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could "reset" a legendary, by turning it back to level 1, and erasing all it's current moves? Of course a high fee would be involved...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That's true, my Gameshark didn't work when I got it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could "reset" a legendary, by turning it back to level 1, and erasing all it's current moves? Of course a high fee would be involved...
    That is what the Move Deleter is for, and he does it for free.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    That is what the Move Deleter is for, and he does it for free.
    I mean so we can Re-train it. I'd much prefer to train a Dialga 99 levels instead of 53, just so you can say that you did. As Necrono said, "I'd love to train a Zapdos myself"

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Is manaphy at all a Legendary?
    And all Legendaries has the NoEggs group so they wont breed...
    But it would be fun to have a whole Party of Zapdos!
    you can check Egg Groups on https://dex.gtsplus.net/pokemon/[Pokemon Name starting with Uppercase]
    Manaphy is the only legendary that's the exception, as mentioned above since it can make Phione.
    I mean so we can Re-train it. I'd much prefer to train a Dialga 99 levels instead of 53, just so you can say that you did. As Necrono said, "I'd love to train a Zapdos myself"
    It'd be more interesting that way and I wouldn't mind one at say the beginning of the game to play with, but it somewhat destroy the essence of them being "legendary" in my view. Though it is now capable with Lv1 Regigigas and Manaphy/Phione.

Years
  • According Serbii.net legendary Pokémon do have egg steps programed into the game. For example it takes 20,480 steeps to hatch a Zapdos egg. I find it odd that egg steps are programed for Pokémon that can't breed.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That is because the steps were programmed before it was decided they wouldn't be allowed to breed.

Years
  • According Serbii.net legendary Pokémon do have egg steps programed into the game. For example it takes 20,480 steeps to hatch a Zapdos egg. I find it odd that egg steps are programed for Pokémon that can't breed.

I can explain that. In every Pokemon's base stat coded into the game, every Pokemon has both steps to hatch egg, egg types and gender. Gender doesn't actually determine whether a Pokemon can breed or not. Whether a Pokemon can breed is determined on the egg types. The reason why Legendaries can't breed is that both of the Legendary's egg types are set to byte "00" which means no eggs. But they still have steps to hatch. Nintendo seems to do a lot of things to prevent people who hack the ROM like me, or even people who hack the RAM **couch**cheaters**cough** from making the game crash. So if someone were to hack the ROM to get a Zapdos Egg, it would still hatch and not become a bad egg.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    According Serbii.net legendary Pokémon do have egg steps programed into the game. For example it takes 20,480 steeps to hatch a Zapdos egg. I find it odd that egg steps are programed for Pokémon that can't breed.

They programed them with egg steps just in case of people using Gameshark or something.They must feel that if their fans enjoy it even with Gameshark they programed them just so the game would not freeze if someone forced Gameshark breeding.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Please don't revive threads over a month old. This thread is two years old.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back