• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Possible Danger of Online Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I was thinking last night, about being able to play online with Pokemon Black and White.

Than I thought. Wouldn't it be scary if it could be hacked and we lose everything we have?

With all the Action Replayers and Game Sharkees going around, I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a software to hack online play.

That's why I'm a little scared about it.

I don't want to put a prized Pokemon in it and have it hacked away.

Or worse, corrupt all my data.

What do you guys think?

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Nah itl be safe dont worry gamefreak arent that stupid.... or..... are.... they dumdumdum

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they will have safe guards against this plus if they do than Nintendo will get plenty of complains and have to be force to either take care of the problem or shut down the online features...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    It doesnt save after you walk into the room, so just turn it off.;\\

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Ah thanks for the idea

*Starts to work on the program to screw up everyones fun*

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Most likely it will act like a pokewalker. Where you transfer data to computer but it stays on card and then your data on the computer will update the game.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Even if this worked it would take a while for them to download all your data, edit, then upload to **** up your game save.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • A lot of people here aren't seeing the threat. You don't need to be at the same computer to hack data, think of viruses, trojan horses and similar programs. Since it is online play they could make the program target the network and screw up peoples data. It's very possible that someone could do something like that but I wouldn't call it likely.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    No, I don't mean your save file in your game. I mean the one you upload online.

People have hacked accounts online before.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Your save is still on your cart. Nobody's sending something from a computer to your DS cart, and absolutely nobody is making a virus on their freakin' Nintendo DS and sending it over Nintendo WFC to hack your DS cart.

This isn't the big, wide, open Internet where you can force people to download stuff against their will. This is Nintendo WFC. Wtf are you going to do, attach a virus to a Pokemon and trade it? Doesn't work like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back