• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Possible Danger of Online Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, it's a funny idea. What if the database of the website crashed while you file was on there and you couldn't get it back! :O Maybe you can still play it while it's loaded on to the web.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Lol, it's a funny idea. What if the database of the website crashed while you file was on there and you couldn't get it back! :O Maybe you can still play it while it's loaded on to the web.

This is how it proly works:

A copy of your save file is sent to the website. When you send it back it checks your old save file and compares it with the new one. If the check passes then the old save file on your DS cart is overwritten with the new data.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Highly doubt there is much to be scared about... other then the pedos and stalkers. Anyway, while it is possible for someone dedicated enough to hack it, I wouldn't be all paranoid about it right now, especially since the games aren't even out yet.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I wish they would be a little clearer on what way this new system is supposed to work. I mean, is it like the Wi-fi Plaza/Union Room, Or something else entirely? Something really fleshed out?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We will probably have to have a USB cable to connect and transfer the file.

I'm not sure whether that is possible, considering afaik, other cables to trade, etc, in earlier games were given out seperately, while the PokeWalker (which I'm thinking is ~sort of~ similar), was included in the package. This would mean that people would have to purchase it after getting the game. Idk, I think it's just hold your DS up to the router and do as you'd do for wifi normally, and the option is there in the menu.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • If the transfer mode is a good question. It would be a bad system to do it via wifi. but then again there probably thinking that if you dont have wifi you cant even have battles so. computer dont support infrarreddo they? I have a cable at hoe that can convert one of the plug thing on my laptop so there is infrared signal coming out of the other end of the cable. maybe a compact one of those comes with the game (or more likely has to be bought seperatly).

Years
  • Well it probably will happen... but it will take a few months before it has the potential.... but i will be so annoyed if it is uploaded via wi-fi because my ds says my router has the wrong security type :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    I think Nintendo will have thought about this and made sure hacking or game corrupting cannot happen.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I don't see the problem here. Nobody said you have to upload your save file to the internet, if you fear that it'll get hacked, just don't upload it. As the wise meercat once said; "Simplez.".

UmbreonUniverse

ブラッキー
    Years
  • Well this is not a very good way of putting this but a DS cart has a MB or a DG card in the the game cart that allows no hacking now this means that no one can hack your team pokemon or data just the the battle itself now Nintendo has put this card in EVERY SINGLE WIFI ds cart/game! and yeah I know all the other people say it can but it cant its impossible unless if the person took your cart hacked it and took out this card well then if they did thats the card the Wifi games use to save so this means that if you screw anything up with the card then bam! Thats why action replay's cant really save a walkthough walls code on your game cart so you still will need the AR itself to do so anyways no I am not worried.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well, hopefully there isn't any troubles but you never know. :/

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • i'll give it a few weeks or about 2-3 months
    and if there aren't any problems then i'll do it =P

but yeah i might be a 17 year old guy but i think theres still
    a fear of getting Challenged by some middle aged guy who's gonna Groan and Moan into the Microphone
    and since they added this Video Chat thing... i'm feeling scared for the kids =C

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back