• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Hack: Pokemon Pro Tour 2009

What would be the best game base for this hack?

• Fire Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruby

• Emerald

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
  • Hey guys, ive played quite a few hacks now, and its about that time where I introduce my idea for a hack.

======= Pokemon Pro Tour '09======

Well, the title kinda sucks but its a working title hehe. ;)

The point of this hack is to make a game that shows the life of pokemon trainers that battle to make a living. The ultimate place to earn a living is by playing on the Pro Tour, and competing in its tournaments. Imagine the Pro Tour is like the Major Leagues (vs the minor leagues in baseball).

What im thinking about emphasizing in this game is:
    - a big emphasis on money
    - a series of tournaments to replace gym leaders
    - invational tournaments (E4 maybe?) (or something like the Orange Islands)
    - no HM's! (replaced by items)

Basic storyline so far. Just brainstorms and stuff:

Your adventure starts off on the small Island of Torani. The Island is a tropical paradise and the vacation spot of many wealthy people and competitive pokemon trainers. Besides being a major tropical destination, Torani is known for holding 4 tournaments every year. These tournaments are the proving ground for the Pokemon Professional Tour (or the PPT). The PPT is held on the bigger, more urban island of Unopia (Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn sized).
    As the main character, your dream has always been to follow in your brothers footsteps and compete on the PPT. However, your family just recently moved to Torani and you have no way of getting back to Unopia to attend the qualifying school for the PPT. The only other way to become able to compete on the PPT is by winning the series of touranments held on Torani island. You need to place third or higher on the first three tournaments to move on to the next one, and you need to win the fourth tournament to qualify for the PPT.
    Also, while you are competing in tournaments a small bridge is being built inbetween Torani and Unopia, becuase as of now, the only way between the islands are by boat or airplane. The bridge project is accepting donations from any one, and since you desperatley want access to Unopia, you take it upon your self to raise a rediculous amount of money in order for this birdge being built. Once you raise the money and win the neccessary tournaments, your adventure on the Pokemon Professional Tour circuit will begin.

Here is a very rough map I just whipped up.
    Possible Hack: Pokemon Pro Tour 2009

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Got an idea what you want the money to be used for. There is very minimal things you could do with money in Fr/Lg, but there is a lot more available in R/S/E. Such as furniture, stuffed Pokemon, etc. That's something to think about.

snap12

Years
  • alright i edited the first post with some more of the storyline.

snap12

Years
  • Thanks Isofty.

Also, if anyone wants to help with town names i would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
    Back