• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Halloween team

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, I am making a team for the Halloween tourny, and would like some help.

Possible Halloween team

1. Metagross@ChoiceScarf
    Nature: Jolly
    EV: 252 Attack/Speed
    1. Meteor Mash
    2. Thunder Punch
    3. Ice Punch
    4. Earthquake

My CSGross version. It counters some of the most OU leads out there. Meteor Mash gets Weavile and is a great STAB, Thunderpunch gets Gyara, and Ice Punch for Mence. Earthquake is always a great move, especially vs other Metagrosses.

Possible Halloween team

2. Scizor@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swarm
    EV: 198 HP/176 Attack/136 Speed
    1. Agility
    2. X-Scissor
    3. Night Slash
    4. Brick Break

AgiliSweeper. A very huge threat in the late game. Agility up, and sweep away. X-Scissor=awesome STAB, and Brick Break for Steels and Night Slash for Ghosts.

Possible Halloween team

3. Houndoom@Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV: 252 Sp Attack/Speed
    1. Nasty Plot
    2. Flamethrower
    3. HP Grass
    4. Dark Pulse

Absorbs Fire attacks. Houndoom is a very deadly wall breaker, and after one Nasty Plot, forms a very huge threat, even to Blissey. STAB Flamethrower does more damage then SE HP Fighting, so I added HP Grass to get Bulky Waters (Swampert/Milotic). Dark Pulse is also another flinchax STAB.

Possible Halloween team

4. Milotic@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    EV: 148 HP/240 Def/120 Sp Attack
    1. Surf
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Hypnosis
    4. Recover

Bulky Water/Tank. Puts up with a lot of damage, and just heals back with Recover. Hypnosis is for that annoying Sleep on a key Poke.

Possible Halloween team

5. Gliscor@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EV: 252 Def/HP
    1. Earthquake
    2. Roost
    3. Stealth Rock
    4. Aerial Ace

Physical Wall. Gliscor is my favorite Physical Wall, just because of it's ability to wall Heracross nicely. It lays down SR and heals with Roost.

Possible Halloween team

6. Blissey@Leftovers
    1. Thunder Wave
    2. Seismic Toss
    3. Wish
    4. Protect

WishBliss. Passes down Wish, since I do not have any spinner to support Houndoom. Thunder Wave benefits some of my slower Pokes, like Metagross/Milotic.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Ooo Houndoom... this is the first RMT that I've seen Houndoom in besides my own

Houndoom carries a lot of weaknesses (Rock, Ground, Water, Fighting etc) so I prefer Focus Sash to make sure I can get at least one NP in... Also with your moves, Infernape will have no problem switching in on Houndoom, so you'll either have to die to it, or switch out and lose your NP. So I suggest HP Ground, works wonders and no one expects it (always think its gonna be fight or ice :D)

Also Houndoom needs a Rapid Spin support, taking SE damage from Stealth Rock sucks massively, and if they had 3 layers of spikes out as well, thats half his health just on the switch....

Another suggestion, make Scizor a Baton Passer and change Metagross to CBGross. With the speed boost from a BP Agility, CBGross becomes very frightening, although you will lose the Agility each time you switch 'Gross

None of your pokemon are weak to Hera (besides Bliss) so having a wall to counter specifically him seems rather pointless. Milotic on the other hand is the only one to be able to stand up against a rampaging Infernape (and maybe even not if it its carrying Thunderpunch and SD) And I don't know how well Gliscor can operate with an Infernape destroying everything in site (doesn't resist his STAB Fire attacks all that well)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    You do know Bliss can't get Wish unless it's NYPC, right?
    Anyway:

Yeah, I am making a team for the Halloween tourny, and would like some help.

1. Metagross@Liechi Berry / Leftovers
    EV: 88 HP / 216 Atk / 136 Spd / 68 SDef
    1. Meteor Mash
    2. Rock Slide
    3. Agility
    4. Earthquake
    Anything that gets Agility, Rock Polish, or Dragon Dance shouldn't be running with Choice Scarf, end of story

2. Scizor@Leftovers
    Ability: Swarm
    EV: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    1. Agility
    2. X-Scissor
    3. Night Slash
    4. Brick Break
    Scizor needs a LOT more Attack since he isn't benefitting from attack boosts.

3. Houndoom@Focus Sash
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV: 252 Sp Attack/Speed
    1. Nasty Plot
    2. Flamethrower
    3. HP Grass
    4. Dark Pulse
    Doesn't have the defenses to live past a critical attack to Nasty Plot with. Focus Sash needs be abused.

4. Milotic@Leftovers
    EV: 212 HP / 224 Def / 72 SAtk
    1. Surf
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Hypnosis
    4. Recover

Bulky Water/Tank. Puts up with a lot of damage, and just heals back with Recover. Hypnosis is for that annoying Sleep on a key Poke.
    EVs redone

5. Gliscor@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EV: 252 Def/ 252 HP
    1. Earthquake
    2. Roost
    3. Stealth Rock
    4. Aerial Ace

Physical Wall. Gliscor is my favorite Physical Wall, just because of it's ability to wall Heracross nicely. It lays down SR and heals with Roost.
    Okay

6. Blissey@Leftovers
    1. Thunder Wave
    2. Seismic Toss
    3. Wish
    4. Protect

WishBliss. Passes down Wish, since I do not have any spinner to support Houndoom. Thunder Wave benefits some of my slower Pokes, like Metagross/Milotic.
    Wish is an NYPC move ONLY, and unless you live in New York near the New York Pokemon Center, your moveset needs to be changed, or otherwise, it's an illegal moveset.
    I can't even start to emphasize on how much Infernape obliterates this team.

Milotic on the other hand is the only one to be able to stand up against a rampaging Infernape (and maybe even not if it its carrying Thunderpunch and SD) And I don't know how well Gliscor can operate with an Infernape destroying everything in site (doesn't resist his STAB Fire attacks all that well)
    1. Close Combat does more that a SE Thunderpunch, so Infernape wouldn't even need that =/
    2. I really don't know how much a STABed, Blaze-Boosted Blaze Kick would do, but I'm sure it'll hurt Gliscor painfully.

Last edited:
    Back