• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

possible history of pokemon battles and contests

Years
  • part 1: orgins
    Before what are now called pokemon battles there were competitions where the pokemon would show off their abilities and strength. Some people decided to have friendly battles where the pokemon would not be knocked out. Some of these battles did not go well as some pokemon had anatural instinct to knock out any foe that attacked them in order to escape capture. When people realized this they decided to form two types of competition. One was the pokemon contest where there would be physical interaction between pokemon in the battle stage. Another type of contest was the pokemon battle where the losing team would be knoced out. Inorder to counteract longterm knock outs items to heal pokemon if they won or to wake up a pokemon after being knocked out were made from special ingredients. The exceptions to this were the revives which were formed naturally. The rules for battles were simple.
    Step 1. obtain a pokemon
    step 2. obtain other pokemon
    step 3. train pokemon to be stronger
    step 4. battle other trainers in a friendly competition.

that is the end of part one. Part 2 will be championship battles in the pre gym/ e4 days. them there will be the gym days in part 3 part 4 will be the e4 days and part 5 will be the modern battle frontier days

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • Well what point of FANFICTION don't YOU get? It's for stories, Poems, not history lessons! I'm just saying, it has no Dialogue! no description! it's certainly not a poem! it has no characters! no action! nothing to constitute it as a story AT ALL! I don't even think it should be IN this section!

Years
  • Well what point of FANFICTION don't YOU get? It's for stories, Poems, not history lessons! I'm just saying, it has no Dialogue! no description! it's certainly not a poem! it has no characters! no action! nothing to constitute it as a story AT ALL! I don't even think it should be IN this section!
    um dude fan fiction could be anything ranging from stories to possiblehistory of things.

Years
  • This needs some work. It's far, far too short, for one. It's less than 200 words, which to me would be a short paragraph of a chapter, not a whole chapter (which to me would be around ten times bigger than this). There are numerous spelling mistakes, ranging from the title ("orgins") to simple cases where you've failed to type out a space or hyphen ("Inorder" and "longterm" respectively). Furthermore, you really need to break your sentences down a bit. There isn't a single comma amongst all of your 181 words, and subsequently it reads like the ramblings of someone who's only just on the safe side of sanity. Brush up on your rules of the English language, read some of the topics listed in the rules of this section and remember to proofread your work.

Years
  • This needs some work. It's far, far too short, for one. It's less than 200 words, which to me would be a short paragraph of a chapter, not a whole chapter (which to me would be around ten times bigger than this). There are numerous spelling mistakes, ranging from the title ("orgins") to simple cases where you've failed to type out a space or hyphen ("Inorder" and "longterm" respectively). Furthermore, you really need to break your sentences down a bit. There isn't a single comma amongst all of your 181 words, and subsequently it reads like the ramblings of someone who's only just on the safe side of sanity. Brush up on your rules of the English language, read some of the topics listed in the rules of this section and remember to proofread your work.
    I admit I have faults but I cant make my writing or typing perfect. but could I please request amodto close this threadbecause it seems that writing a possible history on pokemon battles is going to cause complaints.

Years
  • I admit I have faults but I cant make my writing or typing perfect.

No one's asking you to have perfect spelling and grammar, because no one has perfect spelling and grammar. The simple fact is that it's easier to read something that has no errors, is punctuated correctly and is easy on the eyes. But on the other side, it's difficult to read something that is error-strewn, sparsely punctuated and looks like a jumbled-up mess.

but could I please request amodto close this threadbecause it seems that writing a possible history on pokemon battles is going to cause complaints.

It's not causing complaints. bumbleblast96 is overreacting a little, I think, and I don't think that should deter you from writing a hypothesis into the history behind Pokémon battles and contests.

Neutrino

Years
  • Well, not complaints really, just need to move it to another section, although I'm not aware if there is one for it... I'd just ask ASTINUS, the mod of this section, if she's online

overeacting? O_O What I was saying was, well, not much really, put simple, there really isn't anything in the first chapter that defines it as a story, so I meant that he should edit it, add in some dialogue/description/people/characters/pokemon/plot and it would be a proper story - well, first chapter or prologue. And make it longer too ;)

Oh, and by the way, please don't call me 'dude' thanks ;)

God, I'm a fusspot, this is the foruth time I've edited this post!

One LAST thign, i mean it then i'll go away, the spelling is perfect, although you could add spaces and paragraphs or something, but it's the content that's the problem

Last edited:
    Years
  • overeacting? O_O What I was saying was, well, not much really, put simple, there really isn't anything in the first chapter that defines it as a story, so I meant that he should edit it, add in some dialogue/description/people/characters/pokemon/plot and it would be a proper story - well, first chapter or prologue. And make it longer too ;)

So you don't define using allcaps in a reply as overreacting?

Fiction =/= story. What lvl99rayquaza has written is his own interpretation of something that is explained in very little detail in canon, to my knowledge. Technically one would term it as nonfiction, but where else would something like this be posted? Given that this is something he's writing himself, it wouldn't be appropriate for a discussion section such General Pokémon. I definitely see where you're coming from in terms of the chapter's length, but why suggest he add dialogue and characters to what is obviously being written as nonfiction? It's like saying that there should be more of a plot in a Biology textbook.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    There are things that people have written about the history of the Pokemon world, and it was in GPD, and remained in GPD because PFF&P is for stories, or because sometimes we just don't feel like using BBCode, STORIES.

That's what the problem is. I have two reports for this story hovering around because this just doesn't fit PFF&P standards. It's not a story. It's a short basic summary. People (not we, because I don't read Pokemon fanfiction) come here to read actual stories, not short history texts.

Even as a history text, there's still a lot of "history" missing. Why did the people decide to start battling Pokemon? When did this happen (How many years before "present day")? Who did all this? (If prehistoric times, before writing was discovered, then it would be okay to be nameless, but if after prehistoric times, then names would be known, especially with something like this.)

And why are those four steps the rules for battles? Sounds more like part of the rules for just being a trainer/coordinator, since the rules aren't for anything specifically related to battles. Like the distance for the battlefield, how to know when a Pokemon is knocked out and not dead, the amount of money gained if the trainer wins, what prizes come from battling, etc. And then there's the contest rules, which would be the basis for present day contests.

Could this work as an actual history text? Maybe, but I have yet to see it actually done. (Then again, I have very high standards for the way history is told/written.) But there needs to be a lot of thought put into this. You can't just say "this happened, and it became the world's main focus for LIFE". History has a why to it, as I mentioned up above. And why did this all catch on? Why did people feel that critters beating each other up would become the basis for their lives, pretty much every part of their lives? (Economy, schooling, family life.)

There's a lot missing here. Heck, I'm still thinking of things to add. (Like when it is actually called "training" Pokemon? When does training actually start? Why was the age of ten picked as the starting age?)

Really, you should probably not split this into really short parts (because...well, really), but instead tie everything together. Think up a timeline. History, when looked back on, seems to progress at a "natural" rate. This event happened because of the previous event, which lead to the next event that's related, which lead to the next event that's related... So then, when present day people look back on history, depending on how deep their research goes, then they can see pretty much how and why things wound up the way that they are today. And for the Pokemon world, battling and training Pokemon is the largest "event" in the world, so there would probably be a lot researched into it. Which means that there would probably be a lot more than just 181 words written about it.

I'll leave this open for now, but if things start exploding even more than it already has Men. *rolls eyes then I'll close it. So you have another chance to improve your story.

It's like saying that there should be more of a plot in a Biology textbook.
    History has a plot. It's right there in the word.

Years
  • part 2 will be up tomorrow but this time I will do what the mod suggested so please be patient. oh one more thing, not all of the second part will be up tomorrow as it will take time to type the history of pokemon battles and contests on word processor

Neutrino

Years
  • Perhaps it would be better to, instead of putting it all up straight away and such, wait a bit until you have all of the second part before you post it, because then it might appear blotchy and in bits

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • How can there be a first pokemon battle exactly? Since many pokemon are carnivores the only way there could be a first pokemon battle is when the first pokemon who ate meat actually killed a pokemon who didn't.

Back