• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Possible Pokégear features

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    As we all know, when the Pokegear was first implement in GSC it had dozens of features that blew every player out the water; or, like me, squealing with joy and excitement. So in anticipation with its DS remake, do you think it'll retain all it's old features? Would some be dropped or altered for our generation, or will they just remake the Pokegear all over? Personally I hope they redo the Pokegear, adding new features to keep up with the latest gen.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I think they'll keep the Poketch but with some Pokegear features. I'd love to see the radio and phone come back.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    I can see a texting system replacing the phone to make use of the touch screen.
    Something like this:

Todd Camper: Hey Gold! Text me the word "item" any time you're wondering if I found something for you!
    or
    Mom: Just text me the word "money" anytime you want to check up on your savings, honey.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I want them to keep the Pokegear ( Pokegear > Poketch, imo)

with the Radio, Calendar, Clock, Type Match-up, Friendship Match-up, Roulette, Calculator, Pedometer, Pokemon List, Dowsing Machine, Berry Searcher, Link Searcher, Marking Map , and Cell Phone

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Texting would be nice, but there is voice chat too.. 8D

However, the random phone calls are annoying (I've been playing my original Gold since the new games were announced). I don't care if some trainer beat a Magnemite with his Rattata, kthx. Maybe a setting to silent the phone? Heh.

I would love it if the radio came back and had more channels. <3

And yes, Pokegear > Poketch.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Everything the PokeGear had should be incorporated into the Poketch and it should be used in Hg/Ss.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Although the phone was annoying as hell, it was quite useful, along with other features of the PokeGear. I'd love to see it return, but with some Poketch aspects (Day Care Checker, Happiness checker, Dowsing Maching (as opposed to Itemfinder), and other essentials).

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Texting would be nice, but there is voice chat too.. 8D

However, the random phone calls are annoying (I've been playing my original Gold since the new games were announced). I don't care if some trainer beat a Magnemite with his Rattata, kthx. Maybe a setting to silent the phone? Heh.

I would love it if the radio came back and had more channels. <3

And yes, Pokegear > Poketch.

Please, those calls were freakin' annoying me when I play. Obviously I'm not going to waste my time battling you. Stfu calling me, kthx. xD

Otherwise I loved the Pokégear.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Really now? Last I checked it only had four. Even the Pokétch does more than it (though you can't say it's AS useful).

Whoops, well, yeah, the gear was limited, but this is what happens when excitement takes over. I just exaggerated a bit. :D

And about the PokeGear/Poketch names... How is Poketch actually pronounced? I usually feel like I pronounced it wrong.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I actually enjoy trainers calling me for rematches. I would just quickly switch Pokémons before destroying them again and again and again and again........ [/repeats]

I would love if they include the radio. That would really soothe me. 8D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The Pokegear should definitely come back, with like.. the PokeTch features, and the features that the PokeGear had in GSC. ( Because like several others have said, PokeGear > PokeTch~ ♥ )

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    IMO, the Pokegear will be expanded upon and be like the Poketch (in that it is on the bottom screen, and so forth), but would still be called the Pokegear. Just a guess though.

The time and map will stay, obviously, and I hope the radio does too (and considering I find it unlikely that they will go and do away with the Radio Tower in Goldenrod, I reckon it's kinda likely the radio function will stay too). As for the phone...well, I kinda liked the feature, but unsure if it will still be called the phone as such - it could be replaced by the VS seeker and so forth, or become a key item instead. I didn't mind people calling me - gave the NPCs some more character at times.

PokeMaster13

Banned
    Years
    They'll probably make it alot like the Poketch. As stated before, they'll most likey keep the Phone and radio, as they were somewhat important in the originals. They may would also add other features in like some of the Poketch Apps.

Years
    I agree with several posters here - they'll likely keep the PokeGear and its current functions (clock, map, radio and phone), but add a number of new apps you could collect, similar to those of the Poketch. I don't think they'll actually swap out the PokeGear for the Poketch, though. Each region (save for Kanto) had its own "trainer's equipment". Johto's was the PokeGear, Hoenn's was the PokeNav, and Sinnoh's was the Poketch.

With the original PokeGear, you collected cards that would be inserted into the PokeGear to give it new functions (i.e. the Map Card, the Radio Card, etc.). In this game, rather than collect Poketch Apps, you could collect PokeGear cards that would give the PokeGear new applications.

Years
    Phone system? Yes. Plus, if you have someone's friend code, you could send them messages.

Radio system? Yes. They could also add in a feature to this that lets you listen to music form an SD Card, if you're using a DSi to play the game.

World map? Sure, why not.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    They should just add a radio app to the Poketch, and ditch the Pokegear. It wasn't that great, and the phone was annoying.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    I hope the PokeGear comes back but it could really have a few new features. I just hope we don't get to see a PokeGearEtch :D

Back