• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Possible SPOILERS] The 'I Like' Thread

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Is everything an acceptable answer?
    I would say yes, but they'd probably ask you to name some specifics. Which is what I'm going to do...

I love the fact that we get to play through a new Johto adventure, especially now that the batteries for the original games are starting to go kaput.
    I love that it's Gold and Silver, with some Crystal stuff, using the new fourth-gen rules and graphics.
    I love being able to take photos with your team, capturing all the memories you create along the way.
    I love the new sprites and all the trainer designs/redesigns.
    I love that Mewtwo is in this.
    I love the new Kanto, and I love being able to go back to old places I missed.
    I love that Farfetch'd can learn Leaf Blade now. That's a move he should've had since it was introduced.
    And one last thing so the list doesn't get too long- I love the excited feeling I get every time I find out something new about this game, because it only makes me feel more that it will be worth every cent and every second I spend on it.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    I would say yes, but they'd probably ask you to name some specifics. Which is what I'm going to do...

I love the fact that we get to play through a new Johto adventure, especially now that the batteries for the original games are starting to go kaput.
    I love that it's Gold and Silver, with some Crystal stuff, using the new fourth-gen rules and graphics.
    I love being able to take photos with your team, capturing all the memories you create along the way.
    I love the new sprites and all the trainer designs/redesigns.
    I love that Mewtwo is in this.
    I love the new Kanto, and I love being able to go back to old places I missed.
    I love that Farfetch'd can learn Leaf Blade now. That's a move he should've had since it was introduced.
    And one last thing so the list doesn't get too long- I love the excited feeling I get every time I find out something new about this game, because it only makes me feel more that it will be worth every cent and every second I spend on it.

Now THAT sounds like a diehard Pokemon fan. I'm not alone!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    - Being able to have Pokemon - and not just your starters either! - follow you. Sounds fun to me
    - The return of Giovanni
    - Johto Gym leader rematches
    - Themes for Lugia and Ho-oh
    - Great gym leader sprites
    - ect.

Really, from what I've seen there's a lot of good stuff but those that I mentioned are my favorite. :D

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Well, There's tons of things, Really.
    - I love the music. It's all been redone beautifully.
    - The Graphics. The graphics are beautiful. It feels JUST like the Johto I came to know as a Child.
    - The Mapping. Nintendo have improved their mapping Tenfold, if you ask me.
    - The Eyecatches. They're so damn awesome. Both the Trainer Eyecatches and the Area Eyecatches
    - Awesome Sprites. Alot of the sprites have improved tons. [Except Jolteon, Which has been terribly butchered, but let's not dwell on that].
    - The ability to have rematches. I'm glad they've brought this over from Platinum. Being able to rebattle gym leaders gives you something to do every day.
    - The inclusion of the Battle Frontier. Even if it is a direct port from platinum, it's still great that they decided to put it in.
    - Pokémon Being Able to Follow you. Just amazing. It feels so awesome to have my little pikachu follow me around.
    - The Pokéwalker. I was dreading this at first - but it's really turned out for the better. Especially with the ability to be able to catch pokémon with unique moves that they might not learn otherwise
    - New Movesets. Loads of Pokémon have gained new moves which give them a new lease of life, and makes wifi battling much more interesting. [I Love you, DDCash].
    - Lugia and Ho-oh Cutscenes. These are beautiful, and it beats just walking up to an overworld sprite and pressing A like in other games.
    - The Pokéthlon. All the games look interesting and fun, and are great to play.
    - The Customizeable Pokégear. I love some of the Designs put in.

I think that covers everything I like about this game.
    :D.
    It's so great I could buy it three times over.
    [Which is Good, Since I'm getting a JP, US and EU copy of the game].

Back