• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible Starter Evolutions

CDB

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    It's always fun coming up with possible evolutions haha I know the leaks just got out today but I'm sure people have already started coming up with them. Have you guys seen any floating around?

I had fun sketching an Rowlet evo:
    qVswBS9.png

CDB

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Thanks! And haha yeah I was thinking about that too - I've always been a fan of bulky Pokemon so a fat wise bearded owl would be absolutely adorable

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nice job with those sketches!

I'm particularly interested to see how Litten evolves considering we haven't yet had a three staged evolutionary line for a Cat Pokemon. I suppose Shinx sorta counts, but that's more of a Lion based Pokemon. Litten's evolutionary line could take a completely different direction.

Deviantart has some great fan artwork for the evolutions.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Please imagine me slamming my fists onto a table while chanting, "Fireworks Tiger! Fireworks Tiger! Fireworks Tiger!" in regards to Litten's final evolution.

Also, don't get me wrong--I love Delphox, and the other Fire starters are cool, too. But please, don't make Litten's evolution(s) bipedal. Please.

Please.

And no Fire/Fighting, either. Fire/Electric, please.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • That's super cute. Nice job. 8)

I'm personally hoping that Rowlet becomes really fat when it evolves. A super fat owl with Thick Fat. It'd be cute and useful too! Win win situation!

I wouldn't really like it if this cutemon becomes that fat. I would prefer more muscular and a cool buff bod of the coming evoltutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I wouldn't really like it if this cutemon becomes that fat. I would prefer more muscular and a cool buff bod of the coming evoltutions.
    So this?
    It8cz.jpg

I kinda wish the starters would get new Abilities in their final forms, but I wish that in every gen and it never happens. So I think they're all just gonna stay Overgrow, Torrent, and Blaze. It's gonna be cool finding out their Hidden Abilities, though!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I hope Rowlet gets a gryphon evolution...

I hope Litten stays on all fours and is a tiger (not a fat grumpy cat)

and... I hope Popplio loses the clown/circus look (or becomes Water/dark and is creepy clown like)

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • So this?
    It8cz.jpg

I kinda wish the starters would get new Abilities in their final forms, but I wish that in every gen and it never happens. So I think they're all just gonna stay Overgrow, Torrent, and Blaze. It's gonna be cool finding out their Hidden Abilities, though!

Haha! Not that. I mean, it stays a bird and gets a cool body... Um, i can't explain it, Sorry..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Haha! Not that. I mean, it stays a bird and gets a cool body... Um, i can't explain it, Sorry..

It's okay, I was just messing around anyways! I think I get what you mean. Hoothoot and Noctowl played off the idea of owls being wise, but with the description of Rowlet it seems to play more towards how powerful owls are. They're predators--they'll 1v1 you irl and win every time. So like, some sort of strong, maybe even slick body to play up on just how strong and designed for hunting it is, right?

Years
  • Pretty sure the chances of this happening are slim to none, but I actually found myself hoping last night that, instead of becoming just a bigger owl like expected, Rowlet might turn into some kind of awesome owlbear-looking thing instead. Somehow. I might have to do a quick sketch later of what I had in mind.

Litten I basically just imagine a large tiger with glowing stripes. Haven't put too much thought into how Popplio could turn out.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • It's okay, I was just messing around anyways! I think I get what you mean. Hoothoot and Noctowl played off the idea of owls being wise, but with the description of Rowlet it seems to play more towards how powerful owls are. They're predators--they'll 1v1 you irl and win every time. So like, some sort of strong, maybe even slick body to play up on just how strong and designed for hunting it is, right?

Lots of potential in this one as far as I see it! :3 He gets slimmer and slicker in every evolution, until we're left with a huge jungle-type Owl, with sharp leaf feathers.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hope Litten evolves into something cool, like a tiger or a panther. And I hope it'll be Fire/Dark, though Fire/Poison would also be cool. But there has been some speculation about it becoming Fire/Rock, which I hope it won't become.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I can see the Owl getting a leaf cape with some Ringmaster leaf hat and maybe getting some kind of megaphone.

Years
  • This is the first time in a long ass time that I've actually really liked all three starters, Litten being my least favorite by a smidge. I'm really hyped to see what their final forms are. I'm planning on trying to stay away from leaks now until the release, but I might get someone to fill me in when the final forms are revealed because I'm so hyped for them!

Personally I hope Litten remains a quadruped and isn't Fire/Fighting. For Rowlet, I honestly think it has a lot of potential to be ruined in its final forms, as I do with Popplio. For me, a success for Rowlet would be a fat owl with a cool sleek look, which is kind of an oxymoron but if I drew it y'all would get what I'm saying. Popplio I really hope it doesn't get much bigger, but rather longer and more obviously able to swim quickly in its design - in other words I'm hoping it's a Pokemon with an insanely high speed stat, but still keeping the clown theme with its facial features. However, I feel they're gonna make it a clown Walrein which is scary and would make me not choose it.

For now I'm picking Popplio. Please don't ruin my baby GF :'[

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys. I am almost sure that the Rowlet is based off a Pueo or Barn Owl which are native to Hawaii. The bowtie will probably turn into a leaf lai necklace or a leaf beard as suggested. The person who posted the moon/sun theory of the owl is probably accurate, but I don't see the middle stage looking like that. And I hope it doesn't look like the barn owls around here which are freaky.
    Spoiler:

I am almost 100% sure that Litten will become a tiger. This will match Pyroar and Luxray which are based on a lion and linx. We have yet to have a tiger pokemon. PLus it would follow the Zodiac like all other fire starters. I am expecting it to look like Topaz Tiger from Yugioh, but with different colors.
    Spoiler:

I am not sure about the seal. We have 2 water seals at the moment, and it probably has the highest chance to become a fighting type. As it looks like it is based around the circus and stands up. I would love to have another water/fighting, but I hope they design it in a way where it still looks like a seal.

Back