• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Post Game Gym Leader Cameos

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
Years
  • so, i've been going around Hoenn and have noticed you see the gym leaders in random places, but for a few of them, nothing happens:

Roxanne in the Fossil Maniac's crying about not having a fossil.
    Winona standing on a statue in Mauville
    Tate and Lisa buying toys in Lilycove Department Store

so, if you manage to meet all of them, does anything happen? if so, do they get to be re-challenged with their own megas? just a thought.

Years
  • Nah, you can't rematch the Gym Leaders at all in this game I'm afraid. You can still rematch the Elite Four and Champion though, as well as Wally.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • There's Brawly who happens to be training Lisia's rival Chaz. He visits you after you beat Lisia on Master rank contest in the dressing room, I think.

Flannery goes to the Scorched Slab for searching a "legendary Fire Pokemon"... which appears to be Heatran.

The Winona one was so random, though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    So they can add these cameos but not actual rematches? Lame...

You do get to battle them in the Maison at some point, though it isn't their gym teams that they use.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • WHAT no rematches? Honestly I never really knew about that because I've been too busy catching Pokemon to explore those kind of things :( That's pretty disappointing.

So they can add these cameos but not actual rematches? Lame...

You do get to battle them in the Maison at some point, though it isn't their gym teams that they use.

Do they still follow their gym themes, such as Roxanne has Rock-types? I mean I guess it makes sense a bit if they don't have the same Pokemon.

Years
  • So they can add these cameos but not actual rematches? Lame...

At first I thought this meant the Multi Battles, but the only ones I recall available for that are the rivals, Steven and the villainous team leader. But I may be thinking of something else that's present...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The hilarious bit is that Roxanne wants a fossil, something that could easily have been done by having the Mirage Tower present, but oh well, so much for emerald features!

Seriously though, its neat, but not enough. Would have loved to battle them right then and there, outside the gyms.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    WHAT no rematches? Honestly I never really knew about that because I've been too busy catching Pokemon to explore those kind of things :( That's pretty disappointing.

Do they still follow their gym themes, such as Roxanne has Rock-types? I mean I guess it makes sense a bit if they don't have the same Pokemon.

I haven't tested it out myself, but I believe they do (loosely) follow their gym types.

Back