• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Post Game Things To Do

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2014
    Hi All

I finished Pokemon X a while back and am currently playing Pokemon Y on and off. I am looking for suggestions or things to do post game in Pokemon X.

I have found all the Mega Stones, completed Looker missions and am currently breeding for a competitive team while trying to complete the Pokedex. But it so happens that every now and then I am out of inspiration (guilty) and I could do with your help in completing the game 100%.

Please pour in suggestions.

(P.S: I couldn't find a thread on this topic which I find hard to believe, so if there is one I wouldn't mind this being closed with a link to an existing one.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah...there isn't really anything else to do in X/Y's post game other than what you said (There's the Battle Maison, but that kinda falls under competitive battling, in my book anyway). Game Freak's kinda inconsistent with post-game content in the games.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I'm sure there hasn't been a good post game since FR/LG unless B/W/2 has a decent postgame? (I'm assuming its now got less pg content since DW has been closed down?

Years
  • Some things I like to do:

>Like you said, breed for competitive teams! Train up the Pokémon you breed.
    >Wonder trade some of the spares. I enjoy seeing what I end up with a box full of.
    >As above mentioned, Battle Maison.
    >If shinies interest you- breed for shinies, run around in grass for shinies, try to trade for shinies. Whatever floats your boat!
    >O powers if you don't have them already.
    >Pokedex completion.
    >Collect the vivillons! It can be intriguing!
    >Battle chateau.

That's all I can think of! There isn't a ton to do postgame but breeding and shiny hunting alone have kept me playing for nearly 5 months now haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm sure there hasn't been a good post game since FR/LG unless B/W/2 has a decent postgame? (I'm assuming its now got less pg content since DW has been closed down?

Black2/White2 has a good post-game. The lack of Dream World does little to diminish that.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Some things I like to do:

>Like you said, breed for competitive teams! Train up the Pokémon you breed.
    >Wonder trade some of the spares. I enjoy seeing what I end up with a box full of.
    >As above mentioned, Battle Maison.
    >If shinies interest you- breed for shinies, run around in grass for shinies, try to trade for shinies. Whatever floats your boat!
    >O powers if you don't have them already.
    >Pokedex completion.
    >Collect the vivillons! It can be intriguing!
    >Battle chateau.

That's all I can think of! There isn't a ton to do postgame but breeding and shiny hunting alone have kept me playing for nearly 5 months now haha.

Same here, breeding the perfect team and shiny hunting are really the last things you can do. But I would advise completing your pokedex first so you can get the shiny charm!!

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
    Years
  • Some things to do post-game is and some I need to complete-
    -Complete the Kalos Pokedex
    -Wifi Battles and Battle Spot
    -Wonder Trade
    -Battle Maison
    -Battle Chateau
    -Complete the Looker missions
    -Buy all Trainer Clothing and accessories
    -Breed Perfect pokemon
    -Help people through GTS
    -Shiny hunting
    -Make sure you defeated every trainer and collected every item possible in the Kalos region

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you're done with Looker missions and are already trying to complete your Pokédex, then another thing you could do to pass time is building yourself a competitive team. Once you're done, you could take them online and start battling. :] Aside from that, I can't really think of anything.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I've found the post-game stuff to be really poor this time around.

I'm focusing on gaining experience and money through the Battle Castle as of now. I trained my main team to Level 100 and I'm content with them. I'm also harvesting a ton of berries for fun.

Asides that, I'm hoping to build a few different teams similar to Pokemon Stadium tournament ideas. An unevolved team, a team of Level 25s, a team of Level 50s, an unevolved team, etc. all EV'd with decent IVs. That's really the only thing that's left after the storyline (imo) that's worth doing.

I think it'd be fun to take on a bunch of people over dedicated WiFi battles where everyone uses themed Pokemon or unevolved Pokemon, etc.

Back