• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Post-Game Training

Shilver

Cool Trainer
    Years
    firstly, it's EV not IV
    secondly, happy punching reset bag when you encounter an unsuitable horde that contain shiny
    finally, list of horde training place can be easily found via google

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    If horde training is too much trouble to work with, you could always take the safe (albeit slower) route of doing super training. 20 min tops to take a fresh Pokemon to max, it's really not so bad.

And make sure you differentiate between EVs and IVs; IVs are a range of stats from 0-31 that a Pokemon has, determined upon birth/first encounter. These are random but can be controlled through breeding with some effort.

EVs determine which stats gain which boosts upon level up and are always 0 with any new Pokemon (one that has just hatched or you just caught and has not been used in battle once). These never get passed on by the parent, every Pokemon is a blank slate.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
    I was really disappointed with the post-game of X and Y... Other then Kiloude City there is literally no other new area to access. So, when I'm training, I usually do it in Victory Road, in the chamber directly before the Elite Four. If you have a Pokemon with a Fairy and Grass move (My Gardevoir, for example) you can pretty much counter every Pokemon you encounter there... Other then those pesky Lickytungs!!!! :D

Years
    Battle Chateau all the way. A few of the stronger girls have 2 Audino in their party. Plus the Elite 4 and all the gym leaders give major money / exp.

Back