• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Your Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    https://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/4/25/f_desktopm_8d1678e.png

Here it is, and I'll even tell you a bit about it.
    The resolution is 1024x900-something. The picture is a modified 3d wallpaper of a glass stairway that leads nowhere. Obviously it is no longer 3D because I ran it through Paint.net and Project Dogwaffle. Here are the various Files with alternating red and blue text for easier reading:

~Tetsu - My Documents. I rarely ever use it. You'll see the one I do use later on.
    ~Computer, Network, and Recycle Bin - Self-explanatory
    ~Ad-Aware SE Pro - Adware and Spyware removal program. VERY effective, free, and updated almost daily. I recommend it.
    ~Adobe Reader - Reads Adobe files.
    ~Belarc Advisor - Useful free utility that tells you anything you would ever want to know about your system. For example, did you know I have an "
    HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP"? Neither did I until just now
    ~BitTorrent - D/Ls torrent files. N-not that I use it for anything illegal. *nervous chuckle* No, er, that's naughty. Moving on now...
    ~Mozilla Firefox - Only the greatest web browser in the world! No contest.
    ~Paint.net - A free Photoshop-esqu program that can do about 90% of the things the program it's modeled after can do. Paired with Project Dogwaffle, it's graphic creation capabilities are unstoppable.
    ~VLC media player - A simple video/music/streaming music player. Good, but not Great. Simpler to use than Window Media Player
    ~Winamp - For everything else VLC cannot do.
    ~Games - Games origonally created for DOS, win 3.x, win9x, and win2k. Unfortunatly, I can't play 90% of the files in here because Vista is 64bit and won't run their install programs ;_; And I got Doom and everything. *sniff*
    ~Harry Potter eBooks - ... What? I can't be the only HP fan on here, can I?
    ~uTorrent - See 'BitTorrent'
    ~Audacity - Where 'Paint.net' is for IMG editing, this is for MUSIC editing. Great, easy to use, many options to tinker with, and it's free too.
    ~Autos(es) - Information on how to run a program. I only used this for when I was in Safe mode and couldn't read it online.
    ~Critical - Do Not Remove - Only the folder with my entire life on it. It contains everything! ROMs, music, art, personal files... The list goes on and on. It's the largest folder I have, being 6.1 GB, which is 1/4 of my second HD.
    ~CWShredder - A critical tool for getting rid of a nasty bit-o'-spyware called CoolWebSearch. It's the only thing that can, actually.
    ~Dogwaffle_Installer - Installs Project Dogwaffle
    ~DOSBox - An 'alternative' DOS program. I originally D/Led this to get my Games in the Games folder running. Couldn't figure it out, though.
    ~FAFSA - My FAFSA (federal aid) information.
    ~Favorites - Favorite Webpages. got some cool ones, but I don't want to break the advertising rule
    ~FFGBA - File with virtually all the algorithms to FFVI (AKA the best Final Fantasy game ever, and will ever be.)
    ~Harry Potter - The eBooks from earlier
    ~Limewire - See 'BitTorrent', cept for actual files.
    ~Microsoft Works - Came with my old Win2k Compaq. Kept it ever since, and updated accordingly. It's an alternate to Microsoft Word
    ~MZ Vista Force - Awesome utility for 'tweaking' Win Vista. I don't recommend it unless you know enough about computers to actually use it.
    ~Nevar 4get - I forgot :o! JK, it's a reminder for something I intend to do for the future.
    ~Paint. I know, I'm surprised I still have it, too. But sometimes, I actually use it. GASP!
    ~PKMN DS Save reg - File listing when I should save my game, so I don't accidentally lose all my data if the batteries die or something.
    ~Project Dogwaffle - I think I already went over this.
    ~quikscrap - A file I made for jotting down a quick note on something I don't want to forget.
    ~RPGVX - I D/Led the newest version of RPG maker (VX). It's the trial version, though ;_;. I'm a poor person.
    ~Tubit - Poorly named Youtube files I frequent
    ~Windows Photo Gallery - Why is this even on my desktop?

And there you have it! Everything about my desktop. If you have any questions about the programs I use, feel free to PM me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some desktop cleaning to do.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think I've shared it with you guys… 1920x1200 warning… my pb made it smaller Oo
    Spoiler:

And this is what it usually looks like …
    Spoiler:

Years
    I can't post link or pictures because I haven't made 15 posts yet!! sorry...

I don't think I've shared it with you guys… 1920x1200 warning… my pb made it smaller Oo
    POCOYO!!!!!!!!!! the best show in the world!!!! *coughs and splutters*

Decided to change it because I am now addicted to Bioshock

you're lucky, you can play Bioshock, I can't!!! and I thought that I would like it, I don't even know now!!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I change my desktop background every once in a while, I've had this one for a month or so. I like it :D

clicku

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    My desktop changes a lot. Here's the current version. Normally I get annoyed with icon spam but lately I'm finding it really convenient.

Last edited:

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    <Link Removed>

My desktop represents my mentality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    This is my Windows XP machine.

Post Your Desktop
    Click to view 1280 x 1024​

Real Mayer from Ergo Proxy - even I admit she is hot xD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I changed mine again for the month of May. I also decided to set my dock into auto-hide mode.
    Post Your Desktop
    As you can see I keep a pretty clean desk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back