• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    For the sickness thing... just try to take it at your own pace. If your doctor hasn't managed to figure out what it is yet, then you can't be expected to overcome it right away. So just keep letting people know you're doing your best to deal with it and just take it as it comes. Are your teachers or classmates letting you know what to keep up with? The worst part is probably going to be when you can get back to school full time and realizing that you're behind. x_o; As for stress, though, I'm not sure what else to recommend. Try finding a hobby that you can do while you're sick that helps you take your mind off it?

As for math... well, the best and quickest way to get better at it is to just practise, practise, practise. It's a bore and not very fun at all (unless you're weird like me and love math @_@) but it truly does help. Math is one of those things where it's really hard to understand a concept just from hearing the lesson, you actually have to get experience working through everything to get the intuition of how to solve problems.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    For the sickness thing... just try to take it at your own pace. If your doctor hasn't managed to figure out what it is yet, then you can't be expected to overcome it right away. So just keep letting people know you're doing your best to deal with it and just take it as it comes. Are your teachers or classmates letting you know what to keep up with? The worst part is probably going to be when you can get back to school full time and realizing that you're behind. x_o; As for stress, though, I'm not sure what else to recommend. Try finding a hobby that you can do while you're sick that helps you take your mind off it?

As for math... well, the best and quickest way to get better at it is to just practise, practise, practise. It's a bore and not very fun at all (unless you're weird like me and love math @_@) but it truly does help. Math is one of those things where it's really hard to understand a concept just from hearing the lesson, you actually have to get experience working through everything to get the intuition of how to solve problems.

thanks for the suggestions ^^ the hobby idea sounds great, normally i'll put a movie on but its not involving enough...i think i have a new excuse for constantly playing my DS- oh noes :P

i like math when i understand it, because its so repetitive-its almost relaxing. i think i'm going to get a tutor

thanks heaps :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Tutors always help. :D I didn't like the idea of getting one, but I needed one in my final years of high school and I'm still taking in the benefits because I understood the concepts so much better.

So yeah, looks like you're on the right track~

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Or just hide it somewhere he won't be able to find it when it's not in use. That's what I did whenever I was mad at my brother and would hide his stuff when we were younger. A different situation, but it still worked. XD; It's a little better than keeping it with you 24/7, too.

Yeah, I'll probably do something like that. I actually have a plan now but I don't want to post it here in case my bro ends up reading this post.

you should try to talk to him and in the futre dont trade with him and remind him of this and other things he did

You know, I think that's half the trouble - I'm too soft with him and he knows it. I'm going to be meaner in future.

Do you have a gym with a weightroom in your town or at your school? If you do you could just go lift weights i used to be real weak but then i started lifting and i can bench around 90-100lbs now.

=O I weigh 100lbs!

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Sam Smith, you're still awfully young, however I have a method that could possibly help. WHenever these kids come up to you, tell them that humans who go against society or do not help society in anyway are injust and should die. They shouldn't exist and if they continue to do what they're doing, they will die one way or another.

But as I said, DONT do that, unless you know how to word it a bit better and a tad more innocent, to get the message across, but to make sure it doesn't look like a threat. Even for my age and at my school, if I said that, I'd be dragged to guidance and interviewed for my actions. x: But actually, don't say what I first said, just say something kind of depressing and degrading that will make them kind of awkward or whatnot. ^^;

And as for Lauren, depending on your age (you might be taking a math class higher than my grade), I'd be glad to help you. I'm pretty good at math, if it wasn't for my lazyness, I would've had an 80+ in that class. x:

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
    there ya go ^^ and thank you for the offer
    Well, let's start with the easiest first: Problem #3. To tell you the truth, I'm not good with math at all. Terrible, really. And you and I aren't the only ones. There are millions of people who aren't good at math. But the best way to get better is to practice. take 15 extra minutes out of your day, (Or longer.) and just work on the areas you're not happy with. That's what I do, and it's alot better than just sitting there and worrying about it. (And if all fails, get a tutor.)
    Problem #2. So you're sick all the time? Well, if you've gone to the doctor, and he couldn't find what was wrong, I really wouldn't expect to get well any time soon. Just take it easy, and don't try to wear yourself out. maybe you could would work on your math while you're sick, and if you're feeling really bad, hide out in your room and read a good book, or play video games.:P
    Problem #1. I can't really help you here. I can tell you what I would probably do, but really, when it comes to love, you have to decide. What I would probably do is, just be friends with this boy, seeing as how you're unsure if you really like him anyway. If you do get back together, and end up breaking up again, you probably won't ever be friends again. It also might be good to talk to him about it, but like I said, It's your, choice. Love is just about the closest thing to magic; it can hurt, and it can heal. It can make you feel on top of the world, or your heart can be broken and make you feel like you're trapped in the darkest hole. It's a part of life, and no one can provide a quick-fix for that.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    thanks Ullion! i think i'll just wait to get my SC trial results back to see what i need help in...i'm sixteen and in year ten

Well, let's start with the easiest first: Problem #3. To tell you the truth, I'm not good with math at all. Terrible, really. And you and I aren't the only ones. There are millions of people who aren't good at math. But the best way to get better is to practice. take 15 extra minutes out of your day, (Or longer.) and just work on the areas you're not happy with. That's what I do, and it's alot better than just sitting there and worrying about it. (And if all fails, get a tutor.)
    Problem #2. So you're sick all the time? Well, if you've gone to the doctor, and he couldn't find what was wrong, I really wouldn't expect to get well any time soon. Just take it easy, and don't try to wear yourself out. maybe you could would work on your math while you're sick, and if you're feeling really bad, hide out in your room and read a good book, or play video games.:P
    Problem #1. I can't really help you here. I can tell you what I would probably do, but really, when it comes to love, you have to decide. What I would probably do is, just be friends with this boy, seeing as how you're unsure if you really like him anyway. If you do get back together, and end up breaking up again, you probably won't ever be friends again. It also might be good to talk to him about it, but like I said, It's your, choice. Love is just about the closest thing to magic; it can hurt, and it can heal. It can make you feel on top of the world, or your heart can be broken and make you feel like you're trapped in the darkest hole. It's a part of life, and no one can provide a quick-fix for that.

thank you for the advice on all three areas. you're very right in saying love can hurt and heal. last time it kinda destroyed me, but i dunno, it feels different this time. he makes me happy, and somehow completes me. i think i'll just wait it out for a bit, work out how i feel and then attempt to talk to him

you were right, you are good at giving advice ^^

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    hm, sixteen, year 10? You're same grade/year as me. I think.. DX I'm in grade 10, and also 16. Sadly, I don't have math until next semester, so what you're learning now I'll probably be taught either next semester, next year or possibly even last year. So yes, lets wait to see what you need help with, and I'll see what I can do, aye? ^_^

edit: Oh! Also, for your sickness. I don't know if I could help or not, but I suggest if you stay quiet, calm and every once and a while go in your room, make sure everything is quiet and just sit/lay down there and let your mind relax. Try and think about stuff in life that makes you happy or calm, things about yourself you approve or like. Think of this as a form of meditation, it helps me. As I rarely ever get sick. ^_^; And hey, I'm even a bad eater.

And as a side note, (as a little theory I'm producing as of recently) do you eat pasta often? -shot- x:

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
    thanks Ullion! i think i'll just wait to get my SC trial results back to see what i need help in...i'm sixteen and in year ten

thank you for the advice on all three areas. you're very right in saying love can hurt and heal. last time it kinda destroyed me, but i dunno, it feels different this time. he makes me happy, and somehow completes me. i think i'll just wait it out for a bit, work out how i feel and then attempt to talk to him

you were right, you are good at giving advice ^^
    Thanks.^^ I guess it's a gift. ^_^

Rob462

My FC is 4167 5907 8245, Rob
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Sorry to here

its still gonna be pretty scary. it was earlier

Hey man don't be afraid to go out i do now how u feel don't worry everything is goin to be fine. Man your 10 yrs old don't stay in side afraid of something that might not ever happen again. Just forget about it get on whit your life.:)
    Trust me man.

zanacross If you need muscles go to a gym and get really strong and start with about 30 or 50 lbs and keep increasing. Then when you get muscles try out for your football team and get all the cheerleader.:)

Last edited:

laterz

DANE COOK:Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2007
    Farting problem

I get gas when i sleep so how do i get rid of this problem

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I have another problem now. Well actually it's not my problem but I care.

I broke up with my ex about a month ago and he's been going downhill ever since, but in the past few days he's been going downhill at a particularly alarming rate. I saw him at the bus stop yesterday and he asked me to have lunch with him. No, let me rephrase that - begged me to have lunch with him. How could I refuse when he was so close to tears? :(

Anyway, he told me he loves me. I don't know what to do, he looks absolutely terrible! I feel so guilty, and it's all my fault we broke up...or is it? That's actually not the point. But I really care about him and he's just not taking this very well at all. You really don't understand, he looks so depressed. I want to help.

What shall I do? :'( (and don't tell me to get back together with him)

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Well I'm glad to hear that getting back together with him is not an option in your mind.
    Never EVER go out with someone because of sympathy, but it seems you already know that.
    There isn't a heck of a lot you can do about a situation like this. It's sorta up to him how he recovers. I guess just be there for him as a friend, but make sure you aren't sending the wrong signals and giving him false hope about getting back together

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I'll always be there as a friend, I told him that. I'm not even completely sure breaking up with him was the right thing to do :\ I mean, we were really close and we have loads in common. But I'll tell you why I broke up with him, shall I?

Alright, well basically he cheated on me. That's right. He went to this party and got really drunk and was found kissing this other girl. Yup...so I cried for weeks. He says he made a "mistake" but I don't know, I didn't believe him. But he hasn't spoken to this girl since that happened even though she really likes him. Now I'm starting to believe him when he says he made a mistake and I'm the only girl for him, but I still don't know. Is he telling the truth or what? This is all so confusing.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Well I'm usually a good judge of character in guys, mainly because I've met quite few jerks in my time ;) but unfortunately, since I don't know this guy personally I can't really make a good judgment of his character.
    OBVIOUSLY he made a mistake, but the question is, is he the kind of guy who will 'make a mistake' over and over if you give him the chance to? The fact that he 'got really drunk' makes him lose some respect in my mind, but I'm not here to point the finger at him. you know him better than I do obviously :P
    This is a tough situation. I can't say I've ever been cheated on, so I don't really know how I'd react to it. it all boils down to if you can trust him, and how much you're willing to risk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back