• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Heres another one of my many problems, lol.

I am Bi, but I do not want to admit it to my parents.

My dad hates anything thats not straight, and my mom would never look at me the same. My sister is to much of a friggin' gossip so I can't tell her ;;
    Along with that, I have two friends who probably would try and avoid me if I did admit D:
    Its kind of hard, and it does tear at me a little since I have not admitted it yet. I do not want to, since I love my family and I want them to love me back.
    Another thing is, my parents get pissed at me every time I tell them that I am atheist.

No idea if I need the help, but it does tear at me, unoe?

I didn't read most of the thread after your post but I saw this and I felt like I had to answer.

My simple answer is, you don't have to! At least not right now.

Coming out is essential to your life as an LGBT person if you want to be mentally healthy and not living a lie forever. But only do it when you're ready.

Trust me when I say it's VERY VERY BAD to do it when you're not. My parents threatened to take my internet, acting privileges, and privacy away, but luckily they're fundamentalists who believe being gay can be cured. I told them I talked to Jesus and he made me straight.

And I'm atheist too btw, so I feel that too. I'm gonna tell them both things later on, probably in or after college. I'm not gonna live a lie and I don't think you want to either.

You've got my support though and I'd love to talk to you.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    people have to accept you guys for who you are... and sometimes it takes a lot of bravery to stand up for yourself more so than it does to eat (let's just say animal droppings).

if your parents can't accept you for who you are, then they're living in serious denial and failed as a parent. You're not a criminal and you're straying away from their teachings, you just.. have a different preference.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    im going through something unbearable right now. i cut off contact with someone i love so deeply, because hes changed so much and i resent who hes become, and im still in love with who he used to be. i cant handle the conflict and tonight it got so bad i blocked him. i dont know what to do. i cant have him, because its like he doesnt exist anymore. its like im in love with a fictional character. and i cant bare to talk to him anymore, cos i cant stand to watch him become such a horrible person. he used to be as deep as the ocean, and now i dont think he could get any shallower. i just dont know if i can say goodbye. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Have you actually told him he has changed. If he still doesn't do anything. Distance yourself from him and he may come and ask you what is wrong. Then if you tell him he may try and be like how he used to be.

But unfortunately people change. It happens a lot when your younger.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    Have you actually told him he has changed. If he still doesn't do anything. Distance yourself from him and he may come and ask you what is wrong. Then if you tell him he may try and be like how he used to be.

But unfortunately people change. It happens a lot when your younger.

i've tried talking to him, but he seems to really love who he is now, even though hes a total jerk. i guess thats all that matters right? but yeah ive blocked him, he'll work it out soon enough, im online 24/7. thanks for the advice :)

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I have a problem that's really upsetting me: I don't know how to tell my pair that I don't want to be paired with him any more.

I've been paired with him for a month and he...has hardly ever been online. I don't even know if he really likes me that much :\ He's really nice to me on MSN but he hardly ever talks to me! He says he hasn't been online much because he's been really busy and I believe him but...I mean, I hardly ever get to speak to him :( I honestly can't see the point in being paired with someone I rarely talk to.

I hope he's not taking this pairing too seriously because I don't want to hurt his feelings. But I don't know how much he likes me. I really don't know what's going on in his mind! I still like him a lot and I still want to know him and talk to him and stuff but I don't want to be his pair any more. I just don't want to hurt him...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Well subtley is out of the picture lmao, Just say you don't want to be paired with him anymore

Years
    I have a problem that's really upsetting me: I don't know how to tell my pair that I don't want to be paired with him any more.

I've been paired with him for a month and he...has hardly ever been online. I don't even know if he really likes me that much :\ He's really nice to me on MSN but he hardly ever talks to me! He says he hasn't been online much because he's been really busy and I believe him but...I mean, I hardly ever get to speak to him :( I honestly can't see the point in being paired with someone I rarely talk to.

I hope he's not taking this pairing too seriously because I don't want to hurt his feelings. But I don't know how much he likes me. I really don't know what's going on in his mind! I still like him a lot and I still want to know him and talk to him and stuff but I don't want to be his pair any more. I just don't want to hurt him...

I'd say when he does come on, let him know how you feel and ask questions when its the right time. I think the pair thing is silly (In a good way I mean) but to be serious is....wow. =p

Hell in no way anyone will make me pair with anyone (Unless they found their away around my weakness somehow). =p

- MegamanC

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    @ Lumine:

Well, first of all, you should know for sure if you're suffering from depression. A lot of people think just feeling "blue" equals depression, but most of the time that isn't the case. You can basically classify it into two states.. a "mood", or actual diagnosed clinical depression.

If it's just a mood, wait and see if it passes. If you're continually "depressed", then I suggest seeing a psychiatrist. Just talking about things really does help in most cases.

Yeah it's just my mood I guess =\
    I'm obtusely making a big deal out of this "feeling" I strangely just don't feel really good today (no I'm not dizzy, sick or anything), it's one of those "gap in my life" mood, if you know what I mean.
    I've experienced this kind of indescribable feeling just about a few weeks ago, now it has mysteriously returned to haunt me.
    Nevertheless I guess I just lack of perception today =|
    Thanks anyways Audy.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Well subtley is out of the picture lmao, Just say you don't want to be paired with him anymore

You don't know how much I care about his feelings...

I'd say when he does come on, let him know how you feel and ask questions when its the right time. I think the pair thing is silly (In a good way I mean) but to be serious is....wow. =p

Hell in no way anyone will make me pair with anyone (Unless they found their away around my weakness somehow). =p

- MegamanC

I don't know *sigh* I don't even know if I want to unpair with him any more. Anyway, his PM box is full so I can't say anything atm XD Thanks for the advice though =D

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    How old is he?

- MegamanC

He's 20 tomorrow (or today depending on which timezone you're in =P). Look, there's a link in my siggy - "Paired with Richard Steel"!

EDIT: I'm really missing his wonderful mind atm...he's fascinating!

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I guess he just doesn't care as for you in return....

:x I'm not fit to give you advice in such a situation unfortunately.

I suppose you can a) continue waiting for him to return your feelings or b) stop believing in him and unpair.

It's only a month though. I suppose going away to study for a month isn't that hard to believe.

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    Too old to be "Scene"?

I'd really like some neutral/outsider opinions on a problem with my friend.

He's 19, the same age as me. Also male, same gender. I have known him all my life since I was around 5. He's a lovely guy, and really funny and one of my closest friends; more like a brother to me than anything.

However, lately, he's been changing. He's gone and started to turn into a "scene kid". He says he's been changing himself to make himself feel better because of his severe lack of self-value and respect, and also his girlfriend ditching him for his own cousin not so long ago. This, I can respect. I value his feelings on it, and I can say I'd do something similar to help myself feel better if that had happened to me.

But what bugs me is this weird little feeling: I can't help but feel he's too old to be transforming into a scene kid.

Is this true? I mean, most scene kids I see are normally about 15-17, not almost hitting 20, and I just feel a bit sorry for him as I don't want him latching into a crowd of people who are several years younger than himself. Or am I worrying about him too much, and should leave him to his devices, and leave him figure it out for himself.

Any opinions/advice is much appreciated.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    I don't think the problem lies in whether or not he's a "scene kid", but in the fact that he's not being himself
    I don't see how purposely conforming to a trend that you've never followed before would gain respect or self-respect
    If anything it's demoralizing and implies you're not confident in yourself as an individual

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    (This is so lame)

Okay, so I finally got a Chobits book, so naturally I want to bring it to school (Naturally. I want to bring manga)

So, I'm all ready to bring it. But then Mom says, No i can't, it's an OT (Older Teen) book and she really doesn't a repeat of last year.(Last year i was in AC 5 times and 2 times I got suspended. So she expects this book to get me in trouble like the Teen books did last year)

Anyway, I still want to. So I sneak it. And I've done this many times, so I think it'll always work, and I don't want to stop taking them. But I'm still afraid to do it in case my mom finds it. Plus, i don't exactly want to ask her and then tell her I've brought it 3 times even though she told me not to.

So, any suggestions to at least improve this situation?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    (This is so lame)

Okay, so I finally got a Chobits book, so naturally I want to bring it to school (Naturally. I want to bring manga)

So, I'm all ready to bring it. But then Mom says, No i can't, it's an OT (Older Teen) book and she really doesn't a repeat of last year.(Last year i was in AC 5 times and 2 times I got suspended. So she expects this book to get me in trouble like the Teen books did last year)

Anyway, I still want to. So I sneak it. And I've done this many times, so I think it'll always work, and I don't want to stop taking them. But I'm still afraid to do it in case my mom finds it. Plus, i don't exactly want to ask her and then tell her I've brought it 3 times even though she told me not to.

So, any suggestions to at least improve this situation?

I think that the solution would be to not bring it to school. If you have enough time to read it in school, then you should have enough time to read it at home while you are usualy on the computer. And tell your mom, because she is your superior, and you should follow orders from her, even if it might make you feel 'lame'. When you are in school, should you be doing schoolwork anyways? What I do is I bring a book (that is at the most YA) to school, and when I finish all of my homework in study hall while everyone else is goofing off, I read in the extra time I have, or help some of the not-so-smart kids in my class, since everyone asks me for help because I'm the smartest kid there...So if I were you I would read OT or T books while I'm on the computer in my free time. And be sure to stay in school!

I hope my overly too long paragraph will help.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I think that the solution would be to not bring it to school. If you have enough time to read it in school, then you should have enough time to read it at home while you are usualy on the computer. And tell your mom, because she is your superior, and you should follow orders from her, even if it might make you feel 'lame'. When you are in school, should you be doing schoolwork anyways? What I do is I bring a book (that is at the most YA) to school, and when I finish all of my homework in study hall while everyone else is goofing off, I read in the extra time I have, or help some of the not-so-smart kids in my class, since everyone asks me for help because I'm the smartest kid there...So if I were you I would read OT or T books while I'm on the computer in my free time. And be sure to stay in school!

I hope my overly too long paragraph will help.

(It wasn't that long)

Time not's exactly the problem, nor being 'lame'.(I can truthfully say I'm a loser and a freak so what other people think pretty much never counts towards my opinion).

It's more of a thing that I enjoy. I enjoy reading manga at school. I do my work than I read. Plus, I always read at home. I have nothing else to do exactly after my hour on the computer.

I'm afraid to outright tell my mom, because she'll probably take away Chobits, plus all my other books.(Books and reading ar my weak points, so o punish me you take books away). But outright telling her is better than her finding it in my backpack.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Just don't take it to school if it's causing problems. Or read something else at school.

In any case, if you still take the books, you had better be ready to face up to the consequences. It's really that simple. If you don't want to be in trouble, then don't take the books.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back