• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forced

---------------
    Years
    hey kero!
    :)

i dont think im gonna skip...
    i'll probably just sleep in and show up late.
    1st period doesnt matter anyway...

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Forced, I honestly don't think you should skip school, even if it is for first period. You could still get into trouble :< If battle of the bands is really important to you, than I think you should just suck it up and go to school tired. I mean you are doing this on your own will, no one is forcing you to stay up.

Last edited:
    Years
    It really depends on how much you're expecting to learn on the day of school you're wanting to miss. If you think you can afford to miss it (and most likely catch up in your own time), then I'd recommend either sleeping in or taking a day off if you're tired. I have a bit of insomnia, sort of like I'm guessing The Spook, so I get up for school after it often, so personally you should be able to go to school the next day. Either way, it's still a damn good excuse to get out of school.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    I have trichokillomania and I'm a little bit of a kleptomania.

Have you learned the particular factors that causes your hair pulling? Recognize what they are, and then replace the hair pulling urge, with a different activity to keep your hands busy during times when pulling is the worst. Anything you can possibly do to break up your common pattern would most certainly be helpful.

The irony is that kleptomania steals from you. It takes away your time, integrity and self respect, while seeming to provide relief from life's difficulties.

What's the reason for you having the need to steal? Is it that it's just a thrill for you to do it, or is that you aren't recieving the needs met through appropriate ways that you might unconsiously attempt to meet those needs through theft?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    He's already choosen the answer.

hes skipping first period duh
    So? That doesn't mean we can't give our opinion on the matter. He posted in the thread where people give advice, so he's going to get more than one answer. All we're saying that is a lot of people go to school tired everyday for different reasons. Like Silence said, insomia is also a problem and people with that still go to school. So, why should someone who is staying up late and knowing that he's going to be tired skip some school?

I'm just putting it out there :>

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I have the same problem.

I just find out what they are intrested in by eves dropping and talk to em about it not that they listen

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    I have bad communication skillz with people who don't share the same interests as me. I find it hard to talk to people outside my group of friends. Communication tips? >.<

Communication Tips 101~ x|

I think everyone has problems like that... it's hard to get a conversation going that's not totally awkward, with someone you have nothing in common with. The first thing is probably try to find something that you have in common.
    Spook... you shouldn't Eavesdrop... :<
    Or just bring up something random, usually about what you're both doing at the time. =\ Like, in a restaurant, talk about the kinds of food you like, or ask them a question like that, but not something too personal.

n_n;; Well, that's my advice on that. It doesn't always work out for the best, but sometimes it does. Good luck~

Jester Girl

Heke?
    Years
    Have you learned the particular factors that causes your hair pulling? Recognize what they are, and then replace the hair pulling urge, with a different activity to keep your hands busy during times when pulling is the worst. Anything you can possibly do to break up your common pattern would most certainly be helpful.

The irony is that kleptomania steals from you. It takes away your time, integrity and self respect, while seeming to provide relief from life's difficulties.

What's the reason for you having the need to steal? Is it that it's just a thrill for you to do it, or is that you aren't recieving the needs met through appropriate ways that you might unconsiously attempt to meet those needs through theft?

I like you, you're smart.

I've actually already had treatment for my Trichokillomania when I was younger, but I seemed to stop for a year or two and my parents decided I had "outgrown" it. Sadly enough, this year I'm beginning to do it once more. I believe it's from stress or boredom, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm thinking of going back into knitting or something to keep me from doing it, not entirely sure.

And the kleptomania thing, I have no entire idea why I do it. It's mainly small things; useless things. But from what I read, that's usually what kleptomaniacs do. I don't want to tell my family or anything, so I can't get treatment.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Ah I always get that when I try write even the most simple of things -_-

Forced

---------------
    Years
    ooo, eating is so goood.

i just had fajitas and chips and guacamole.
    mmm....
    i love food.

Post your problems

especially fruit.
    :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back