• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poster, or Lurker?

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • I am both a poster and a lurker depending on the situation. When I see threads that interests or relates to me, I take it in mind to post in them often with lots of thought involved. If threads I see don't interest me as much but still ignite a small spark of curiosity, I just read whatever people post but rarely post. On the other hand, if they don't interest me at all, I tend to ignore them entirely and move on to the next thread. Lately, it has been depending a lot on how I am feeling at the moment. It requires inspiration and good timing to make good posts.

Years
  • I'm definitely a lurker. I don't post unless I have something to say and most of the time, I don't. The fact that I've been waiting for a month to decide whether or not I should make a post here shows how much of a lurker I am.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • I guarantee I'll lurk more then I post. Mostly cause I'm shy and awkward and don't always know what I should say... if anything. Other then that I do tend to just check threads to see what direction they're going in and if its not what I thought then I don't feel like I have anything to contribute.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I go through sporaddic periods of posting and lurking, though my lurking periods tend to be heavier than my posting periods. I've had this account since December and I racked up 300 or so posts in a good month, maybe a month and a half. Since then, which has been about nine months, I've only posted another 1200 times, which is not a whole lot for me. My lurking time has overruled my posting time a lot. Of course, I'm trying to change that, but just looking and not making my presence known is a more comfortable fit hat for me, which is hard to change. ):

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    In all honesty, I don't know what I am. Maybe I'm in between, but it's pretty difficult for me to distinguish. I usually click on a thread, read what the people say, and if I think the thread is interesting, I'll post. But if the thread doesn't appeal to me that much, I usually just read people's opinions and proceed to another thread.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • I'm definitely more of a lurker but I really hope to change that. Even though my sign-up date is June this year, I've been visiting PC ever since some point in 2006. I wish that I'd signed up all those years ago because then I could've been much more involved with this great community, but that's not the case.

I really want to become more active here but I'm not too sure how successful this plan will be as I'm working 12 hour shifts 6 days a week (at the moment) and spending a fair bit of my time moderating on the other forum which I frequent.
    I'm definitely not a lurker on the other forum though as I signed up in March last year and have since amassed 13.5k posts in that time, with around 12k of them being within the first year of membership.

TY

I used to be just a lurker, now im more of a poster since i found the sections i like now.
    And i post a lot in them aswell

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I'm by far more a lurker than a poster. It depends on the day and the threads really. Certain topics appeal to my interests more than others, and sometimes there can be a lot of these threads and sometimes there isn't, so my posting activity fluctuates accordingly.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I definitely lurk more. I only really post if I've got something interesting or funny to add that hasn't been said yet, and I have found myself sitting at the "post a reply" screen with a full post typed up, only to back out because it wasn't as interesting or funny upon reading it back than it was in my head. XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It normally depends on how I am feeling. If my anxiety is acting up hen I will post like crazy so that I don't worry about things. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll normally just lurk and read. If I'm feeling normal, I'll normally post on whatever. Overall, I'd say I'm more of a poster than a lurker. Weir habits are I guess I post most late at night because I'm normally busy during the day.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm a lurker on nearly every website I visit these days, simply because I never really have the time to contribute my own opinions to matters at hand. Every so often (right now, for example), I do find myself reminiscing about the old times and I end up going on a weird sporadic posting spree, but those are few and far between. I certainly knew how to be an active poster back in the day though, I suppose that energy just ended up being channeled elsewhere after a while.

Back