• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potato's! Hot, Steamy, Potato's!

Blueball Blitz

Queen of Everything
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Stupid like a Fox!

So this is probably my first time joining a Pokemon community (that's online) after the years I've played.
    I used to play competitive a year or two back, was a champ with a Mono-Poison type team in the neighborhood library where the Poke-nerds gathered. I lost my title to someone who was using 5th Gen when I had no clue what the hell they even were.
    I decided to kick back and play casual for a while before revving up the engines again and join another community in the meantime seeing as I moved away from the neighborhood.
    As one may imagine from my story, my favorite type in Pokemon is indeed Poison, with my favorite Pokemon's being Drapion for effictiveness and Croagunk because he's cool like that.

Trying to jog my memory, my champ team was:
    Drapion - Gengar - Croagunk - Tentacruel - Nidoking (who wouldn't?) - and Vileplume.

I may get back into competitive battling as said before, but I'm currently waiting on the Pokemon eggs from a friend with the correct natures since I lost my team a while back.
    Hope everything will run smoothly here.

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    Hey welcome to the forums!

Bonus points for using Croagunk haha. But yeah, there's definitely a lot of competitive resources and stuff to help you get back into the swing of things, plus a ton of other stuff that's both related and unrelated. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Years
    Hey there Blitz, weeelcome to PC! :D

Yeah, I can understand it being hard to keep up with the generations, since it was hard for me to make the transition from 3rd to 4th gen way back when Diamond/Pearl just came out. So did you ever try any of the fifth generation games, or are you playing on D/P/Pt or HG/SS? I'd recommend trying B/W or B/W2 when you're able since they really did bring some neat new things to the table, especially B/W2. Had such an amazing plot and worth every penny. <3 Not often do I see poison type fans around either, so you get brownie points since they're awesome haha.

If you do decide to get into competitive battling again, you should stop by the Battle Center and check out their events. It's a really fun section and has some absolutely amazing people (check their Pokemon Showdown server if you're interested too!) so it'll surely be a pleasurable experience. I go on the PS server sometimes, maybe if/when you get into competitive battling we can have a practice battle. xD; Buuut either way, PC is an awesome community in general, so I really do hope you stick around and become active. Staff members are always willing to help if you're lost about anything here, and there are lots of people to get acquainted with!

Enjoy your stay, have a wonderful holiday, and feel free to leave a message if you want to chat! :3

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Hey, Blitz! The first thing I thought of when I saw your username was Blitzball, a minigame featured in Final Fantasy X. Have you ever heard of either? It's like a wave of nostalgia, honestly, so I instantly love your name, haha. Poison-type has always been pretty cool, especially with Pokemon like Arbok, Seviper, Drapion, etc, so that's definitely an awesome favorite!

Like Cirno said, we have a Showdown server for all of your competitive needs, if you'd prefer to play online. Being a former and somewhat current competitive player myself, competitive play is extremely fun and one can never truly grow out of it so I'm sure at some point you'll gravitate towards it again and you won't regret it for a second!

Welcome to PC, once again, and if you ever need anything, please VM/PM me and I'll try my best to show you around or we can just chat, if you'd prefer~!

Reactions: Cid

Cid

Years
    Oooh that is interesting. There's always a first time for everything, and you know, this forum was my first Pokémon community, too! Not my first forum, but it's surely my favorite. <3 Anyway, welcome to the boards, Blueball! I love your username, and after reading Antemortem's post I just can't read it without linking it with Final Fantasy X, haha. It's cool if you don't know that series though, just don't mind me rambling. :p

That is such a coincidence. If only you'd have joined a little earlier, you could have participated in our Monotype tourney! But still, you can always take a backseat and watch other players duke it out (I'm personally gonna participate there, and I'm pretty pumped) plus if you go to the Battle Center like Cirno mentioned, you'll find so much more events and discussions to partake in! That sucks that you got the boot from that championship title with a surprise Fifth Gen from a random person, though! You should have kicked his/her butt good. >:] I'm kidding, of course. No literal kicking should be done because that is just rude.

By the way, it's pretty awesome that you're a female gamer who joined irl Pokémon communities and kicked butt while you were at it! Plus Poison is pretty cool, even though I'm a sucker for Water-types myself. <3 But yes, that is an incredibly awesome team for monotypes if I ever saw one. But yeah hopefully everything will fall where they may and you get back into battling again with those Fifth Gen pokes, too. I'll be waiting at the server that everyone has been mentioning, and I'll be looking forward to a quick battle even though I'm probably light years away from your skill. ;D

Welcome to PC, Blueball! Now go and get those eggs hatched so you can get back into competitive battling. :3

Years
    So this is probably my first time joining a Pokemon community (that's online) after the years I've played.
    I used to play competitive a year or two back, was a champ with a Mono-Poison type team in the neighborhood library where the Poke-nerds gathered. I lost my title to someone who was using 5th Gen when I had no clue what the hell they even were.
    I decided to kick back and play casual for a while before revving up the engines again and join another community in the meantime seeing as I moved away from the neighborhood.
    As one may imagine from my story, my favorite type in Pokemon is indeed Poison, with my favorite Pokemon's being Drapion for effictiveness and Croagunk because he's cool like that.

Trying to jog my memory, my champ team was:
    Drapion - Gengar - Croagunk - Tentacruel - Nidoking (who wouldn't?) - and Vileplume.

I may get back into competitive battling as said before, but I'm currently waiting on the Pokemon eggs from a friend with the correct natures since I lost my team a while back.
    Hope everything will run smoothly here.

Hi Blueball! Welcome to PC!

I have to say, your username reminded me of Blitzball from Final Fantasy X. That was a very memorable game. We have loads of members here, and topics to discuss. And what made you like Poison-types so much? There's a club for Poison-types currently active in Pokemon Clubs so go and check it out if you want. I do prefer Water-types better though.

Our Battle Center is the place to go for all things relating to competitive battling and team rating, so definitely check it out! A link to our Pokemon Showdown server is also there if you want to battle and chat with members from PC. And I have to say your battling skills are pretty cool so I envy you as I'm only new to the concept.

Anyways, feel free to ask me or a mod if you need help.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Back