• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Potential line-up?

Starter Pokemon for HGSS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    HeartGold might be:
    Typhlosion
    Politoed
    Ampharos
    Umbreon
    Pidgeot
    Lugia (I don't like using legendaries, but I just want the nostalgia)

SoulSilver might be:
    Feraligatr
    Ursaring
    Kingdra
    Sneasel
    Red Gyrados
    Murkrow

See what my aim is...?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    As of now, my team is;

Meganium
    Ariados
    Umbreon
    Octillery
    Magcargo
    Xatu

Years
    Well, I don't know about being in my final team, but either Cinda or Toto will be my starting Pokemon.

Depending on what Pokemon you can catch in the game, then I will decide if my starter will be in it...

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2010
    Well, my silver team at the moment (from the game I started a few days ago) is currently:
    Feraligatr
    Weepinbell
    Magmar
    Dragonair
    Kadabra
    Pidgeot

So I'll probably keep it something similar to that. If not, then I might change the flying type with a ground type or something like that.

I posted my future team a few days ago. Now, thinking of it a little, to keep with the Johto and Kanto Nostalgic and keep refreshed with the new pokemons my team'll be:
    Before obtaining National dex:
    -Sneasel
    -Magnemite/Magneton
    -Growlite/Arcanine
    -Tangela(if they make tangle available sooner)
    -Misdreavus(or gligar)
    -Togepi/Togetic

Post national dex:
    -Weavile
    -Magnezone
    -Arcanine
    -Tangrowth
    -Togekiss
    -Mismagius (or maybe gliscor if dusk stones aren't in this game)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Heart Gold (Male/Zach) The game I am getting first
    -Chikorita
    -Koffing --> Weezing
    -Staryu --> Starmie
    -Pidgey -->Pidgeotto --> Pidgeot
    -Caterpie -->Metapod --> Butterfree
    -Eevee --> Flareon

Soul Silver (Female/Dawn)

-Cyndaquil --> Quilava --> Typhlosion
    -Hoothoot --> Noctowl
    -Onix --> Steelix/catching an already evolved Steelix
    -Crabby --> Kingler
    -Eevee --> Jolteon
    -Bellsprout --> Weepinbell --> Victreebell

Last edited:

Ayselipera

This is off the top of my head, but my team will
    be somewhere along these lines.

Meganium
    Pidgeot/Fearow/Noctowl/Dodrio/Crobat
    Starmie
    Ninetails/Houndoom
    Raichu/Jolteon
    Jynx/Machamp/Gengar

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    When I challenge the Elite 4, my team will be this... Levels are subject to change, as time goes by, but this is what I'd like them to be right now.

Meganium: Lv. 55
    R. Gyarados: Lv. 53
    Magneton: Lv. 51
    Pidgeot: Lv. 53
    Golem: Lv. 50
    Umbreon/Espeon: Lv. 54

When I challenge Red, it should be like this.

Meganium: Lv. 75
    R. Gyarados: Lv. 74
    Umbreon/Espeon: Lv. 75
    Houndoom: Lv. 71
    Raichu: Lv. 73
    Pidgeot: Lv. 73

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, I guess it is time for a little team update on what I think I might plan on making my team like in SoulSilver. By the way, this probably won't be listed in order as things might change in the game after.

For my starter, it'll be Quilava, only because Typhlosion is a really strong Pokémon and with it you can beat the game eaily without much of a challenge depending on how you train. If the games turn out to be a bit tougher than what the original Gold and Silver were like, then I might consider evolving it.

For my first catch I'm going to catch more than likely a Pidgey and end up evolving it all the way to a Pidgeot. Nothing seems better of a flying type than this in my opinion. It may not be the fastest or strongest, but it's an original and definitely an elegant flying type at that/ Pidgeot has always been a person favorite in the flying type category, and to train one again in Johto will be pretty cool.

Next in line might be Umbreon. It's a really cool Dark type and one of the best Eeveelutions to me. It can be a great defensive type member ont the team, but it'll definitely be an attacker when need be.

I think I'd also enjoy catching a Scyther and then evolving it in to Scizor after awhile. Yes, it may lose its speed, but it'll definitely pick up some awesome attack, and gain less weaknesses as well, being a steel type. In addition, I'm going to search day and night for this Pokémon in the bug catching contest, because it's something I searched for in my original Crystal and I had a handful of fun doing it. It'll also help me out against the Psychic Elite with its bug type moves it may learn and prove to be a worthy Pokémon to have when dealing with Silver.

Now, call me what you like, but I'm going different here than I normally do and I'd like to try out Pikachu on my team. It'll definitely be a first for me having one on an in-game team and I'd like to have a bit of challenge with Red [if he's still in] with Pikachu vs. Pikachu. I always like doing this while playing the game, and having to do it against Red will be some serious fun on my part.

Finally, as my last team member, I believe I might more than likely choose Slowbro. It's a great Special Attacker with some nice supporting defense as well. Having a water type and Psychic type as well will be a bonus for me, and plus it'll allow me to have on less HM Slave to use up Surf. Now, I chose Slowbro over Slowking, because I like Slowbro better, plus I won't have to go through the hassle of making much trades, except when it comes to evolving my Scyther.

This is pretty much my team and why I'm choosing them...If you can tell or not, I'm going a little side tracked on what I normally use for a team as I want to remember my journey in SoulSilver compared to how many times I've gone through Ruby and Diamond. I think it'll play up fairly well, plus I know any in-game team can work against Gyms and Elites so I'm not worrying too much over it.

Years
    My team is more than likely to change by the team the games actually come out in Australia, but right now im going for a epic theme:

• Typhlosion cause its an epic starter.
    • Scizor cause its an epic catching pokemon
    • Red Gyarados cause its an epic shiny
    • Golem cause its epic when battling Gyms 1,2,3 and 5
    • Pidgeot cause its the original epic flyer
    • Poliwarth cause of its epic swirl

i dont think my team could get any more epic

Evildarkkai

I didn't get a chance...
    Years
    err

• It depends if its Competitive or not, For non competitive i'd use:

• Typhlosion,

• Tyranitar,

• Alakazam,

• Red Gyarados ,

• Pidgeot

• Houndoom

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Alright, I guess it is time for a little team update on what I think I might plan on making my team like in SoulSilver. By the way, this probably won't be listed in order as things might change in the game after.

For my starter, it'll be Typhlosion, only because Typhlosion is a really strong Pokémon and with it you can beat the game eaily without much of a challenge depending on how you train. If the games turn out to be a bit tougher than what the original Gold and Silver were like, then I might consider evolving it.

For my first catch I'm going to catch more than likely a Pidgey and end up evolving it all the way to a Pidgeot. Nothing seems better of a flying type than this in my opinion. It may not be the fastest or strongest, but it's an original and definitely an elegant flying type at that/ Pidgeot has always been a person favorite in the flying type category, and to train one again in Johto will be pretty cool.

Next in line might be Umbreon. It's a really cool Dark type and one of the best Eeveelutions to me. It can be a great defensive type member ont the team, but it'll definitely be an attacker when need be.

I think I'd also enjoy catching a Scyther and then evolving it in to Scizor after awhile. Yes, it may lose its speed, but it'll definitely pick up some awesome attack, and gain less weaknesses as well, being a steel type. In addition, I'm going to search day and night for this Pokémon in the bug catching contest, because it's something I searched for in my original Crystal and I had a handful of fun doing it. It'll also help me out against the Psychic Elite with its bug type moves it may learn and prove to be a worthy Pokémon to have when dealing with Silver.

Now, call me what you like, but I'm going different here than I normally do and I'd like to try out Pikachu on my team. It'll definitely be a first for me having one on an in-game team and I'd like to have a bit of challenge with Red [if he's still in] with Pikachu vs. Pikachu. I always like doing this while playing the game, and having to do it against Red will be some serious fun on my part.

Finally, as my last team member, I believe I might more than likely choose Slowbro. It's a great Special Attacker with some nice supporting defense as well. Having a water type and Psychic type as well will be a bonus for me, and plus it'll allow me to have on less HM Slave to use up Surf. Now, I chose Slowbro over Slowking, because I like Slowbro better, plus I won't have to go through the hassle of making much trades, except when it comes to evolving my Scyther.

This is pretty much my team and why I'm choosing them...If you can tell or not, I'm going a little side tracked on what I normally use for a team as I want to remember my journey in SoulSilver compared to how many times I've gone through Ruby and Diamond. I think it'll play up fairly well, plus I know any in-game team can work against Gyms and Elites so I'm not worrying too much over it.

Changes are underlined, but other that them, this. I was considering my team, and I saw that f l a s h had already posted the team in my mind. I may change Slowbro though, for Ampharos, but don't know yet.

Leo7507

~иєνєя єи∂ιиg нανσc~
    Years
    Cyndaquil is so cute =3 I'll definitely be getting him. And on my team, I would wanna have Typhlosion, Ampharos, Umbreon, Lanturn, Ursaring and Noctowl :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I still dun know my whole team ( when I finished choosing my team, ill show on a Trainer Card)

But i just realized that I have Feraligator and Meganium on my Diamond

I can just breed a Totodile and a Chikortia with a favorable gender then trade them to my Platinum ( to add to National Dex) then trade them to my SS along with my Cyndaquil

So right now

Typhlosion
    Feraligator
    Meganium
    Noctowl
    unknown
    unknown

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back