• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Potential line-up?

Starter Pokemon for HGSS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I'll probably use the same team I had on silver....

-Typhlosion
    -Blastoise
    -Ampharos
    -Togetic
    -Umbreon

I might stay with Kadabra or choose a different pokemon, I haven't made my mind up yet.

Years
    SS full water team: Totodile: Lapras, Lanturn, Quagsire, Starmie, Corsola
    HG catch them all: Cyndaquil: Chikorita, Espeon, Shiny Pichu, and more when I think of them

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Crystal Team: Croconaw, Ampharos, Houndoom, Skarmory, Donphan, and Beedrill.

Gold Team
    : Tyhlosion, Ho-oh, Lanturn, Shiny Eevee (I still don't know how I got it .__.), Vaporeon, and Furret.

Favorite Johto pokemon include: Typhlosion, Ariados, Azumarill, Lanturn, Scizor, Corsola, Togetic, Bellossom, Gligar, Umbreon, Ampharos, Murkrow, Houndoom, Skarmory, Kingdra, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, and Ho-oh.

I won't be able to decide on my party members.. Gotta train them all.

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Typhlosion
    Noctowl
    Graveler
    Ampharos
    Gyarados
    Umbreon
    (My team in Soul Silver until the Elite Four. After that I have no idea!)

Years
    Chikorita in HG and in Soul Sliver which i will play most likely will be Cyndaquil.

Finally a game when you don't need game sharks or events or whatever to get Lugia. woo!:)

Ashitaka

Spirit of Snorlax
    Years
    Cyndaquil to start.

Funny thing with me, I always dropped the starter part of the way into the game; Typhlosion had a fairly lame moveset outside of Flamethrower, Feraligator's SP. ATK was too low to use Surf and Ice Beam well, and Meganium...stunk. I pretty much always used Magmar for fire and Lapras for water (occasionally Slowking). Luckily the passing of time has brought Typhlosion a much better set of potential moves and he looks like he'll be strong (and Feraligatr could be good with Waterfall now, but I need a Surfer).

Projected Lineup:
    Typhlosion - Flamethrower, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Strength
    Crobat - Fly, Cross Poison, Bite, Confuse Ray
    Ampharos - Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Power Gem, Magnet Rise
    Slowking - Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Dig
    Hitmonchan - Revenge, Mach Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
    Scizor - X-Scissor, Iron Head, , Bullet Punch, False Swipe

Or something like that. I may end up using Gengar instead of either Hitmonchan or Scizor. I'm assuming that the movesets from Platinum are now standard and will be carried over to HG/SS, but if not I'll probably just trade my guys over to Platinum for a few minutes to utilize the tutor.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I've been thinking about it, and I just might go with Typhlosion, Elekid (I'm not evolving it, he can beat the game just as it), Pigdeot/Noctowl, and the rest I'm not too positive on as yet.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Errrrr, I beat the game with Typhlosion alone. Along with some HM users, of course. But thats about it.

LIES! Typhlosion can not learn Surf or Whirlpool!

As for my team, it'd be something like this

Potential line-up?

The Pikachu would be a Pichu from Diamond that I bred Volt Tackle into by the way

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I haven't the faintest clue what I'll use. whatever I see and catch basicly.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Along with Tyohlosion, Elekid, and Pidgeot, I want to include Umbreon into my team as well. Nothing as good as having an Eeveelution on your team.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    (What the hell?!?!
    How come my thread got moved?!?)
    Everyone loves Cyndaquil while no one cares about Chikorita and so far 1 person doesn't know what their getting

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    That's simple ^^

Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I want to have a Meganium on my team. I would also like to have a Pidgeot on my team as well. The rest I am still waiting to figure out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back