• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Potential line-up?

Starter Pokemon for HGSS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • Let's say this is the beginning of the game. It's probably going to be:

Chikorita
    Spearow
    Mareep
    Staryu
    Abra
    Growlithe

It'll probably change mid-game, but we'll see. lol :D

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I am not sure yet I mean I am a grass type trainer and every game I ever played I started off with the grass type but now that I am older and understand the games better I really dislike chikorita's movesets its so lame so I don't know if I want to start off with chikorita again or weather I want cindaquill. But saying that I know what my other team members will be.

Typhlosion Team:
    Typhlosion
    Scizor
    Aipom
    Victreebell
    Slowking
    Donphan

Meganium Team:
    Meganium
    Arcanine
    Slowking
    Scizor
    Aipom
    Donphan

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2015
    I'll go with Totodile like I did in my old Gold game since the water types were pretty rare. But if they are better and more common in this version maybe Chikorita. I was never a fan of Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    My team

On HeartGold:-

Typhlosion
    Flamethrower
    Lava Plume
    Swift
    Drain Punch

Noctowl
    Fly
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Aerial Ace

Ariados
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Sneak
    Psychic
    Poison Jab

Amphoros
    Thunder Punch
    Thunder
    Iron Tail
    Thunder Wave

Quagsire
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Slam
    Avalanche

Corsola
    Waterfall
    Whirlpool
    Strength
    Rock Smash

And in Rotation between Team and Box

*Gyarados*
    Dragon Rage
    Twister
    Bite
    Thrash

Piloswine
    Take Down
    Powder Snow
    Strength
    Ice Shard

Slowking
    Headbutt
    Surf
    Psychic
    Zen Headbutt

SoulSilver is still being decided however.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay. I have it this time, I swear.

English HeartGold: Meganium, Unown, Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon
    English SoulSilver: Feraligatr, Ursaring, Sneasel, Murkrow, red Gyarados, Kingdra
    Japanese SoulSilver: Typhlosion, Umbreon, Smeargle, Delibird, Slowking, Sunflora

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I know I'll one of the starters on my team if not all, I guess it just depends when during the game we'll be allowed to trade with different versions.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    I had a rough time with my starter. I mean, I always liked Typhloshion, but it has a terrible moveset to me with very little options. After all, Typhloshion has a high special attack, but most of its moves are physical. Feraligatr, has the best moveset out of the 3 starters to me, but I wanted to have Red Gyrados on my team. For they both are water types who have high attack and can use waterfall. Meganium is kind of one of my favorites so that's why I have a lvl. 100 in pt, and I don't want a 2nd one. Also, I can't decide whether to use it for attack or special attack. Well, here's my list then:

Typloshion- Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Hidden Power (electric), Rest/Swift
    Red Gyrados- Waterfall, Earthquake, Avalanche, Stone Edge
    Crobat- Fly, X-Scissor, Cross-Poison, Steel Wing
    Starmie- Power Gem/Hidden Power (rock/ground), Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic/Thunder Wave/Recover
    Miltank- Zen headbutt, Body Slam/Dizzy Punch, Brick Break, Milk Drink/Mega Punch

I was going to use Scizor instead of Miltank, but Miltank seems less used and yet so capable. Anyways, I couldn't decide for the last slot. So here's my options:

Hitmontop- Rolling Kick, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Earthquake
    Tangrowth- Energy Ball, Ancient Power, Sunny Day, Rest/Focus Blast
    Lickilicky- Surf, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball
    Clefable- Psychic, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball
    Espeon- Psychic, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Hidden Power (fighting)

For 2 of them, they're evos of kanto pokemon that evolve from moves in case that happens in HG/SS.

Years
  • Ah, once I beat the game, I'll use my ultimate team. I've already figured out their movesets, too:

Spoiler:

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    The usual.

Furret [Headbutt, Iron Tail, Dig, Surf]
    Pigeot [Wing Attack, Fly, *undecided*, *undecided*]
    Lanturn [Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Flash] (Ultimate HM Slave)

And some I haven't thought of using until now.

Raichu (Thunderbolt, *undecided*, *undecided*, *undecided*)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    In seventy percent of the time I played G/S I started with tot, only about 25 % cyndaqil and once I started as with chikorita. I think this time I may start with totdile again because I love Water pokémon . and it is so useful . I was quite sad when I played it first time round and had a quagsire as main water Pokémon because it could'nt learn waterfall.

But I think for the rest I wold be intrigued to play it liek I played in my (still not finished) rerun of emaerald where I just train any pokémon I catch to a certain level and choose on the way to the league which I like best and whohc I keep mainly :) (Through that I have a whole box of around level 40 Pokémon :D )

I really like crobat , SO I may possibly include that too, as well as I love Ampharos and Magneton. One thing that would speak for taking cyndaquil again for a start pokemon would be that in the past the fire Pokémon in Gold /silver have been quite scarce, and since I am not such a fan of ninetales I am unlikely to use it.

Another intruiging idea is to finally use tentacool as a team memeber , I always though i could use it once but I still havent doen so, but I give it a try at some point surely :)

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • I will be re-making my old Gold Team

Jumpluff.
    Meganium
    Wigglytuff
    Clefable
    Politoad
    Pidgeot

Last edited:

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • I plan to have only 2nd generation pokemon in my team, at least before the PokeLeague.

Meganium
    Houndoom
    Azumarill
    Ampharos
    Umbreon... I think.
    A flying pokemon, probably Togetic (later evolved to Togekiss) but it could be Skarmory too.

If I choose Cyndaquil, I would have at least Typhlosion, Quagsire, Furret and Jumpluff, because they don't fit to that other team... I have too many 2nd gen pokemon I like. :P

Last edited:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • I just might be doing my Crystal lineup instead of starting up with Meganium:

gbc157.gif
    gbc062.gif
    gbc071.gif
    gbc012.gif
    gbc124.gif
    gbc040.gif

Abraham the Typlosion,
    Wilber the Poliwrath,
    Vincent the Victreebel,
    Sapphie the Butterfree,
    Kitty the Jynx,
    & Jennifer the Wigglytuff

(Jennifer was shiny in my Crystal, so I'll see If I can make this one shiny as well).

Or I'll see how it goes.
    I always somehow end up with a team anyway.\How do you think I made this one?

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
  • Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Jolteon, Tyranitar, and the other two are as of yet undecided. Probably a Blissey and Lugia (I'm getting Soul Silver, so I while have plenty of time to raise it by the time I get to Red >:3 )

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
  • in my signature you can see my future party, but i was wondering if you could like train your future party on D/P/Pt and then when HG/SS releases catch 5 junk pokémon with those 5 pokéballs you get at the start and then trade your fully ev'd (XD) new party from D/P/Pt to HG/SS? would that be possible or will it be like you can't trade with D/P/Pt 'till you beat the e4 or something like that?

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    1: chikorita/bayleef/meganium
    2: scyther/scizor
    3: ponyta/rapidash
    4: mareep/flaaffy/ampharos
    5: krabby/kingler
    6: misdreavus

i'm still unsure about most of them, but i know for sure that i'll be starting off with chikorita.

in my signature you can see my future party, but i was wondering if you could like train your future party on D/P/Pt and then when HG/SS releases catch 5 junk pokémon with those 5 pokéballs you get at the start and then trade your fully ev'd (XD) new party from D/P/Pt to HG/SS? would that be possible or will it be like you can't trade with D/P/Pt 'till you beat the e4 or something like that?
    i'd probably assume that you can't get any other pokemon outside of the johto region until after you beat the elite 4 or get the national dex, like D/P/Pl.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back