• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potentially Starters "Leaked"?!

Years
  • The owl's eyes are neat imo, but I can understand that.

As for the fire one. That might happen. I think if real, it's evos will be pretty sweet though.

The water, I think is meant to look childish. It would be like oshowott, meant to be kid friendly and appeal to children, but have an unique evolution. I could see a lot of potential if real, for it's evos.

It's like they usually make the Water-types the most kid-friendly for some reason. One thing I know with Tepig's downfall was its evos, but I can imagine this Fire starter becoming Rock-type, and that would mean uh... 4x Water weakness. Maybe that's why I don't really want this trio to be the real ones.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's like they usually make the Water-types the most kid-friendly for some reason. One thing I know with Tepig's downfall was its evos, but I can imagine this Fire starter becoming Rock-type, and that would mean uh... 4x Water weakness. Maybe that's why I don't really want this trio to be the real ones.

Yeah they usually are. with the other 2 starters taking on sassy or playful but more serious personalities.

Fire and rock sucks because of water, but it would still look cool.

Plus give it Solid rock or something that eliminates or nerfs his weakness and he should be good.

Like maybe he has something like
    "Steam Release"
    Due to the extreme heat of this pokemon, water attacks do nothing.
    OR are super weakened.. I could see no damage though.
    I mean if greninja got protean why not this? There he becomes viable and used due to his ability and movepool.

Years
  • Yeah they usually are. with the other 2 starters taking on sassy or playful but more serious personalities.

Fire and rock sucks because of water, but it would still look cool.

Plus give it Solid rock or something that eliminates or nerfs his weakness and he should be good.

The thing is, Solid Rock would have to be a hidden ability since we always have Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent for the standard abilities. Interesting you pointed out how the other two starters are sassy or playful, with Grass usually being sassy and Fire being playful, although it can be reversed in some cases.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The thing is, Solid Rock would have to be a hidden ability since we always have Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent for the standard abilities. Interesting you pointed out how the other two starters are sassy or playful, with Grass usually being sassy and Fire being playful, although it can be reversed in some cases.

Yes, that's what I meant, instead of default ability.
    Yeah, the starter's usually follow that pattern, but as you said it isn't always type specific.

In this case, I could see the fire one being playful, but seriously if need be, perhaps like chespin?
    Then the owl could definitely be sassy like snivy with that look. But more mischievous.

Years
  • In this case, I could see the fire one being playful, but seriously if need be, perhaps like chespin?
    Then the owl could definitely be sassy like snivy with that look. But more mischievous.

You know, this is making me believe the real designs may actually be different from the three "fake" designs that we've been speculating on.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    You know, this is making me believe the real designs may actually be different from the three "fake" designs that we've been speculating on.

Definitely. There are so many starter leaks each gen, and the real ones look nothing like the other!

Years
  • I'm sure that even if the real designs look different than what we've been speculating and analysing, they should still follow the supposed animal designs of a bird/owl, cat and sea lion given the Japanese names that were leaked.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Unlike every other leak, there is no source of them, and their detailed looks come off as pretty legit imo.
    I would not be surprised to see these be real.
    Here's a good mockup someone did of what their final look could be:
    Potentially Starters "Leaked"?!

The Fire Type Starter looks awful, like a sad attempt at a Poochyena, the Water Type Starter... WHAT IN CHRIST'S NAME IS THAT THING?

The Grass Type Starter looks pretty good, but not much detail.

Back