• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [PoTW #3] Go Starter! Mega Evolve!

Who's your favorite?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • Mega Blaziken

Votes: 10 14.1%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I like all three of them (it's harder to choose with one I like most compared to the Kanto Megas). However, currently I like Mega Blaziken's design a little more, followed by Mega Sceptile close behind, and Mega Swampert close behind...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    My favorite definitely has to be Mega Swampert. As much as I love me some Treecko line, for some reason Swampert's is the one standing out the most to me. I love big and bulky reptilian/amphibian things for some reason. XD;

He seriously looks like he's been hittin' the gym a ton in this hiatus, and that just makes me like him even more. :D

Years
  • Mega Sceptile for me, hands down. For me the reveal of it has been my favourite thing about ORAS so far haha and I just love how they made my favourite starter look even more epic :)

Years
  • I voted for Mega Swampert. To me, it's design just looks better than the other two. His Bulky look is really appealing. He looks like he could smash through anything.
    As much as I hate Mega Sceptile for some reason, it's design has really grown on me, so its a really close second. Mega Blaziken just never looked to cool imo.

Years
  • Mega Sceptile's design is exactly how I would've pictured an "evolution" for Sceptile, plus his typing makes me glee even more. The only thing I never liked were the abilities Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert got, seriously Lightning Rod on a Pokemon that is already 1/4 resistant to Electric types? The only good thing I see is that he won't get affected by Thunder Wave, buying him more time to use damage, however he will still be affected by moves like Body Slam and Glare, still making him vulnerable to paralysis.

Chozen1

Master of Disaster
    Years
  • Mega Sceptile won this round for Mega Evolutions. Mega Swampert is a close second for me. He looks pretty boss. Definitely the best design. Almost made me think about getting a Mudkip (my least favorite starter of all time behind Oshawott). Looks like a Blue Hulk. But Mega Sceptile's typing is what really got me. Always wanted a Grass Dragon Pokemon. Can't wait to use Mega Charizard X and Mega Sceptile in Double Battles (if I can ever find someone with another 3DS so I can get Charizard's mega stone in ORAS). Mega Blaziken disappointed me like his family always does. Infernape beats Blaziken any day of the week.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think Sceptile got the best design for a mega. I always thought Blaziken's was good. Nothing amazing about it but nothing bad either. As for Swampert I think it looks worse than it did before and I already thought it looked bad, but I'm sure it will be useful.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    I picked Mega Sceptile, I remember playing him A LOT as a kid and really miss him now due to sceptile being NU in X/Y. Atleast I can play him again and now as a YOLOROCKETLAUNCHER GRASS/DRAGON pokemon :D

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's actually a tie between M.Sceptile and M.Blaziken, but when it comes to abilities... sorry, but I'd go with M.Blaziken.

Doesn't stop me from choosing Treecko as a starter later anyway. P:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Mega Swampy is the baws. I mean, Swampert in itself is an awesome Pokemon, but look at its design after M-Evolving. It's so fluffy. It's like you're watching The Rock wearing a tooth fairy costume.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    Mega Sceptile for me. Treecko was my favourite back in the originals, and Grass/Dragon just makes it even cooler.

Sylgia

Sylgia
    Years
  • I like Swampert the best. The other Megas are probably better stat-wise, but I have this thing for choosing a different starter sometimes. But generally, it goes Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Mudkip, Piplup, Snivy, and Froakie. Grass and Water is my thing.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Mega Sceptile it may have its weeknesses but its the coolest type combo so far and it's never been done!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mega Blaziken doesn't appeal to me as much because it was introduced early, so the other two have a lot more appeal to me at the moment.

Whilst Mega Sceptile is amazing and the concept of it using its tail as a missile is brilliant, I have to go with Swampert because it's my favourite Hoenn starter. Plus just by looking at it you can tell it's going to slam you 9ft under with just one punch.

ShiningHelioptile