• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power Rangers

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, I saw Mr Cat Dog's avatar and thought I might as well try out a thread here.

Anyone here a fan of Power Rangers? Or at least used to?

Well, I am a pretty big fan. I haven't found the time to watch RPM and Samurai though, other than them, I've seen all the other series.

My favourites include, Mighty Morphin (Duh), Lost Galaxy, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, SPD and Mystic Force.

Anyone else here have a favourite series?

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • I'll confess: I LOVE Power Rangers. It's one of those things I've never been able to shake. I still have all my Megazords - although they're now my little brother's, although that doesn't stop me occasionally playing with them - and I'll still watch it when it comes on TV. If the DVDs weren't so nightmarishly expensive, or if I had more money, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Before Pokemon entered my life, there was this, and some things just stick with you for your entire life. Sad, I suppose, but then who doesn't have a few skeletons in their closet? xD

I dropped out of it a bit through Turbo/In Space/Lost Galaxy, since the entire cast was gone and thus so was the appeal, but then Lightspeed Rescue re-kindled my interest. From that point up to Dino Thunder it was pretty damned awesome (especially with Tommy re-appearing for a few episodes...that was an extremely welcome blast from the past) but then there were three absolutely atrocious series in S.P.D. (as soon as I saw the talking anthropomorphic dog, that was it, TV goes off, end of story), Mystic Force (my brother loved this one, but it just didn't take with me...) and Operation Overdrive. Jungle Fury was...mediocre. Like a cross between Dino Thunder and Wild Force, but lacking the charms of either. I'd given up hope by this point that another good series of Power Rangers was going to come out.

...then there was RPM. RPM is possibly my favourite series ever. It was like Disney had just tired of writing poor scripts with even worse Rangers and decided to do a parody instead...I love Ziggy. So, so much. He's the best Ranger since Tommy. Having a Scottish Ranger was fantastic as well, and the story behind it all actually wasn't that bad, even if the villain was a rehash of King Mondo.

I haven't seen Samurai yet, but from the clips, and the opening theme...I don't think I want to. Saban taking control of the franchise again should be a good thing, but it looks like they've totally butchered it...and split up the dream team of Bulk and Skull. I'm dreading seeing this series when it finally airs on a channel I can watch...

Did anyone see the movies? The first movie was fantastic, I remember seeing it at the cinema. As a kid, it was everything I was dreaming of at the time. Now that I'm older, I find myself appreciating Ivan Ooze more and more for his witty dialogue. xD
    The Turbo movie...eh, I didn't really like the Turbo series in general, but at least it had the first team of rangers, and not the second...the switch over was one of the reasons I hated Turbo so much, since I'd grown accustomed to Tommy, Katherine, Adam and the rest...although I despised Justin, for getting to live the dream. xD

Just for once, though, I would like to see a newer series go on for longer than one season. I mean, the original MMPR lasted for three, and then continued on for Zeo and half of Turbo. Every other series has been one instalment...I'd love to see a sequel series to RPM. They certainly set themselves up for it...

/is a total dork

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm a fan of Tokusatsu and I've seen quite a few Sentai (Dairanger, Gekiranger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, and Gokaiger).

Does that count?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2013
    Tommy=The Guy who taught Chuck Norris how to kick @$$. He taught me too lol seriously, i got that whole video set where Tommy teaches you karate lol

Years
  • I've watched Power Rangers for as long as I could remember (with MMPR and Zeo) and I still get just as exited watching new and old. Though I heard RPM wasn't good, but I'm also hearing that it was good. Might watch a few episodes and figure it out. My top 3 favorites are In Space, Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force. In Space had a really fun cast of characters plus it has IMO the best climax episodes. Lightspeed, though it wasn't the first that I watched, it set the stage for what I thought Power Rangers were supposed to do, rescue people in danger. Time Force IMO was the best, the (Main) characters were developed nicely and were likeable in their own way (I personally liked Trip Katie and Jen the best,Trip is comical and all around likeable,Katie is super strong and Jen is independent actually leading the team even if she's not the first female to lead a Ranger team), Ransik was a really good villain, both threatening and in one episode hilarious. I also like how it was noticeably different from the Past Power Ranger series with more drama for the characters to overcome. But over all, I love power rangers as a whole, though some weren't as strong, I'm willing to give them another chance, but the series overall is something that I love and it'll stay with me even when I get old

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I was a HUGE fan in my childhood, but not so much now. I stopped watching after Lost Galaxy ended, and while Power Rangers from back in those days will always be special to me, I was able to look at a more recent episode and was horrified by how horrible the show has gotten. The Zords are now all CGI and the dialogue is more campy and patronising than ever. It's like they decreased the target market age by 2 years.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    i'll love power rangers forever. even when i turn 100. (:
    my favorite series would have to range in the old ones i'd say. the new series somehow don't catch my attention.
    i'm all for power rangers in space, might morphin, lost galaxy, time force, light speed, & does psycho rangers count? xD yeah, i like them too.
    my reason for liking & watching it was just like any kid who's probably under 10, but i can't really state an age either because there's people older than 10 who like power rangers too, so... yeah, w/e. (you know what I mean!)
    oh! & because there are some HOTLUSS rangers! i can't believe there wasn't or there wasn't enough of FWB. ahahaha.

Back