• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Power Saves: Features/How To Guide [Hack/Spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
  • Original Post Changed: 2/24/2014

For those who are unaware, by the same creators of Action Replay, Datel has brought us a new device named "Power Saves" that is compatible with many 3DS games including Pokemon X&Y. I have purchased one for myself and due to the swirling speculation and rumors going around the various Pokemon Outlets, I felt that there should be a "Features/How To Guide" of the various features of Power Saves that is free of the rumors/speculation as seen on other various threads caused by non-owners.

First and Foremost: Let me dispel the biggest rumor regarding this device, this device DOES NOT allow you or anyone to create, hack, or modify a Pokemon's Stats/IVs/Nature, nor does it do anything else that would ruin anyone's Pokemon X&Y experience. Just because it's associated with "Action Replay", morons who don't bother to read or research, just assume that it's a cheating device to give players an unfair advantage over others in battle. So don't be a moron yourself and take a look below at the complete list of features before you make assumptions or fall for rumors (like the 1st reply below ;P).

Secondly: Please DO NOT message me requesting me any Shiny Legendary/Unreleased item. I have discovered that for a fact, these cannot be traded as they are blocked by the game's trade services. You will need to Purchase a Power Saves for yourself to get these. Also don't ask me to make your Pokemon Shiny or any Cloning Services. I will just ignore and delete your message.

Features:
    Spoiler:

1. Make Any Pokemon/Legendaries Shiny:
    Spoiler:

2. Virtually Unlimited Money, Battle Points, & PokeMiles:
    Spoiler:

3. Virtually Unlimited Items, Berries, and Medicine:
    Spoiler:

4. Create Items you do not possess:
    Spoiler:

5. Megastones Including Event-Only and Unreleased Stones:
    Spoiler:

6. Create Save Points/Backup:
    Spoiler:

7. Clone Pokemon/Legendaries:
    Spoiler:

8. Unlock The Diancie Event & Torchic Event Mystery Gifts:
    Spoiler:

FAQ and Warnings:

1. Can I Create Pokemon or Modify My Pokemons IVs/Stats/Nature With Power Saves?
    Spoiler:

2. What If I Own The eShop Download Version of Pokemon X/Y?
    Spoiler:

3. What If I Battle On Battle Spot, Can I Use These Shiny Legendaries or Unreleased Items?
    Spoiler:

4. Can I Trade These Shiny Pokemon/Legendaries or Unreleased Items?
    Spoiler:

5. I Get A No Hardware Found Error.
    Spoiler:

6. Can I Share My Battles With My Shiny/MegaLatis With The Vs. Recorder?
    Spoiler:

7. Does This Have Any Action Replay Cheats Like (i.e. Unlimited Catch Rate)?
    Spoiler:

8. Remember To Always Backup (or Enable Auto Backup) And Swag
    Power Saves: Features/How To Guide [Hack/Spoiler]
    !
    Spoiler:

Watch my New Power Saves Shiny team including Shiny Xerneas take out a no-skilled dual Dark Voiding team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I guess they debunked the Latias Fairy-typing thing, at least I think that was a thing.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Anti-hack people, please stop crying. Unless 6th gen started with a clean slate, we would've never been free of hacks because Pokémon Bank allows transfer from 5th gen, which was hacking heaven.

I like hacking in RPGs since they're mostly time savers. And, frankly, if you're serious about the games you play, you have at least one of AR/Save Dongle/etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just checked the Codejunkies website and the products they show and the codes they list only go as high a black and white 2, are we sure this is a real item?

djgrim

Grim
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    In the mean time... Latios and Latias turn in to heavy bombers. News at 11.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So is there any way to get Soul Dew using this? If so, I have numerous things to trade for 2 soul dews! (one for each Latias and Latios) So if anyone is getting this, pm me please?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • woot, just got the tracking number and confirmation that the shop i bought the Power Saves from on ebay is shipping it :P!

I have a hunch that this seller may be located in California (same state as me) so if I am right, I may be getting this item quick :D!!

Eagerly awaiting your review. ^^

Also this seems to work differently from previous ARs doesn't it?

Years
  • I've placed my order, I only plan on using it sparingly, but I love using ARs to make my gameplay that little bit more interesting, it's getting to the point where I don't have much else to do in the game.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Good thing it's named "Powersaves", this way I'm not fooled by Brazilian merchants who try to sell the Action Replay 3DS as something that works with 3DS games.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Previous ARs were just cheating devices where you place the device in your DS's cartridge slot..

This one doesn't connect to the 3ds at all.

instead it accesses your saved data that's stored in the game cartridge itself (this is where Pokemon X/Y saves the game, not on the SD card) and allows you to modify it :P

Oh so it's like a save editor? Wonderful! No need for codes either. ^^

I NEED one of those.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Previous ARs were just cheating devices where you place the device in your DS's cartridge slot..

This one doesn't connect to the 3ds at all.

instead it accesses your saved data that's stored in the game cartridge itself (this is where Pokemon X/Y saves the game, not on the SD card) and allows you to modify it :P

I don't think it has anything to get the soul dews, it does for the latiasite and latiosite apparently.. but i guess i'll know for sure in a few days time or so when i get my own Power Saves in the mail.

but also even if I could get a Soul Dew, apparently I wouldn't be able to trade it.

Items that aren't "released" are untradable on Pokemon X/Y. like the Latiosite/Latiasite, they cannot be traded as seen here:

That video said the pokemon can't be traded, it didn't say it's holding an item that can't be traded (like it does when you try to trade a mega stone on the GTS or Wonder Trade. There it says the pokemon is holding an item that can't be traded, it doesn't say the pokmeon can't be traded) so maybe whatever checks are used to keep certain hacked pokemon from going from gen 5 games to Pokebank is in effect when trading between X and Y and it can tell that Latios was hacked? (after all, it was a result of the power save device, right?)

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Nice, let us know if it's a worthwhile purchase. I don't really want to pay for international postage otherwise :P

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • As much as I feel that this is cheating, it's probably no different than how people exploit bugs or glitches in other MMO games. So I'll just see it as another way of having fun with the game and say good luck with your purchase.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back