• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power v Accuracy - which do you choose?

beca

◔_____◔
Years
  • When working on a Pokemon's moveset, do you tend to choose attacks with high power, or high accuracy? I'm currently training a Pokemon, and I'm torn between two moves :P One has great power but the accuracy isn't great, and another has perfect accuracy while it's lacking in power a little. What's your opinion on this?

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I usually go with accuracy. I rather have a move that hits more often then a move with greater power, but a slight chance of missing.

I've lost many battles because "Stone Edge" or "Fire Blast" missed.

Although, its all up to you.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
  • Unless you can set up Hail or are using Abomasnow, Blizzard's too unreliable. Ice Beam's a much better choice, plus the 10% chance freeze can really save a bad match.

Blizzard has the same percent chance to freeze, but the 70% accuracy ruins it imo.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I usually go for accuracy unless I have a specific reason in mind not to. If it's lower than 90 accuracy I say it's too risky.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • It depends on how big the power and accuracy differences are to each other.

For example, I'd put Fire Blast over Flamethrower, as the 15 accuracy lost is worth the 25 extra power. In your case, I'd much rather use Ice Beam, as the 25 power increase isn't worth losing, what is it, 30 accuracy?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    accuracy. If possible find a very accurate move that also has an added effect such as paralysis, poison, burn, etc.

you can always use moves such as nasty plot to raise your power, and then fire off accurate moves.

Back