• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[~ powerful geniuses ☆] The Psychic Type Fan Club ☆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hmm, I haven't seen a new topic around here in a while, so here's one to talk about. ^^

New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon would you make Psychic type if you could choose?'

Based on the usefulness of the typing, I'd probably go for Water/Psychic so I'd give it to Blastoise for use with its high SpA stat. :3 But based on the Pokemon themselves, it's a much harder choice... I think I'd go with Meganium - I can imagine that bursting out some strong psychic attacks!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Stat-wise, Blastoise is the perfect candidate. It has a higher SpA, that can certainly benefit a Psychic move. Also, it is very durable and such, making him a Special Tank. And Psychic type to boot.

Flavor wise, I think Serperior and Meganium are both good candidates. One is a king, and the other is an ancient dinosaur.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Hmm, I haven't seen a new topic around here in a while, so here's one to talk about. ^^

New topic: 'Which starter Pokemon would you make Psychic type if you could choose?'

Based on the usefulness of the typing, I'd probably go for Water/Psychic so I'd give it to Blastoise for use with its high SpA stat. :3 But based on the Pokemon themselves, it's a much harder choice... I think I'd go with Meganium - I can imagine that bursting out some strong psychic attacks!

Meganium and Serperior, like miltankrancher had said. They just....look psychic and such. I don't doubt the slightest Meganium wouldn't make a perfect match for being a psychic.

miltankRancher

Years
  • I know she won't. Flavor-wise of course. :)

If ever, Meganium had been made a Psychic type, do you think she would get more attention?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I know she won't. Flavor-wise of course. :)

If ever, Meganium had been made a Psychic type, do you think she would get more attention?

Most certainly! I can't think of a Grass/Psychic Pokemon (there may well be one, I'm probably just being thick!), so it would be a very unique typing :3 With a hugeeee weakness to Bug types!

Edit: Just remembered Exeggucute! Even so, Meganium would be a cool Psychic type :3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Lol at the eggs.

I tthink Meganium would be a totally better Psychic type than the eggs.

I agree, since her appearance already gave it away, as well as the ability for its breath to "revive plants" and such. Grass ability there but...sounds psychic, no?

miltankRancher

Years
  • I agree, since her appearance already gave it away, as well as the ability for its breath to "revive plants" and such. Grass ability there but...sounds psychic, no?

Hear hear. The ability to revitalize things and such with a single breath (or aroma) certainly sounds very psychic-ish. As we all know, many healing moves were Psychic types (the very famous Rest for example). So, healing properties may be attributed to the Psychic types and such.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    Username: Zoraork the Illusionist
    Partner: Xatu
    Reason: They have good synergy with types

Also I think Meganium would be a good Psychic type because of it's very much with nature and just has that vibe.

miltankRancher

Years
  • hi there zoroark!

absolutely! Too bad generation two wanted to have a pure final starters. BUt I have no issues with that.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I think it's pretty safe to say we all agree Meganium is the winner? lol

I can't believe I never gave my partner Pokemon a nickname on here!! Latias is named Aurora! Sorry xD

miltankRancher

Years
  • Latias... errr.. Aurora is hurt. LOL.

Meganium had a unanimous decision. LOL.

I think we need a new topic.

NEW TOPIC:

Which do you prefer? A Specially-inclined Psychic or Physically-inclined Psychic?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • ...Hmph. I guess Meganium can be psychic as well, lol.

I don't see how Psychic could be physical, unless you're talking about moves. :O

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    Special. Because it's just how it normally is so I'm used to specially inclined ones anyway. (Though metagross is quite epic)

Also just random chat I'm using Natu for my duo run as Xatu is my partner and Psychics are the best. Nuff said.

Years
  • Username: Aluminum76
    Partner: Sigilyph
    Reason for Joining: I always loved Psychic types. That mysterious power of doing something without lifting a finger has always intrigued me. I think Psychic types describe me. I never like to use my hands for fighting. If I could fight with my mind, I would XD.

I prefer a specially inclined Psychic- type. Having a physically inclined Psychic-type is like an oxymoron (or would it be a paradox?).

miltankRancher

Years
  • It is more of an oxymoron. LOL.

Hmm.. I think I failed to make myself clear. I mean a Physical Psychic like Gallade and Metagross or a Special Psychic like Alakazam and Gardevoir? Things like that.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    Welcome Aluminium!

Well the thing is there are basically NO physical psychic moves thus specially inclined have a better movepool at most times

miltankRancher

Years
  • There are actually. Heart Stamp, Zen Headbutt, and Psycho Cut. However, Metagross could do fairly well without any Psychic type attacks on him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back