• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-Order Bonus

bashau

Distinct Phantom
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    is there a preorder bonus (for usa)
    if not what would like the preorder bonus to be. I want a map of the kalos region

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A map would be a cool bonus, but I wouldn't mind getting figurines of the mascots again.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Currently, nothing has been sent to any store. We've been taking digital pre-sells but no company has been given permission to start in store Pre-sell orders. (Gamestop doesn't count as what they do is not pre-selling by store standards)

TRU and Wal-mart are possibly having sales to go with the game release but we haven't been given permission to start pre-selling.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    I really want a figure. Like what they did for hgss. For X you get the deer and Y you get the flying thing. (Still haven't learned the names of the newmons yet...)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Wal-Mart got Pre-order cards in this past week. All you get is 4.99 Vudu Credit for pre-ordering with them so far.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    well i dont really care wot americans get. as long as us britsih gentlemen get sumtin good. imageine if we got a free game with it. XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    well i dont really care wot americans get. as long as us britsih gentlemen get sumtin good. imageine if we got a free game with it. XD

The chances of a free game are extremely low unless Nintendo is doing another purchase combo like they did with the 3DS and Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but the choices then weren't really worth it.

Gift Card for a small amount, figurine/collectible giveaway, or saleis all they'll have.

@guy with gift card you still pay full price. The gift card takes off the game but you still have to pay for the gift card.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    forget the pre-order bonus of a map or some figurine/collectible. id be happy if they offer ur choice of any one dream world starter. that is if they keep doing the dream world thing, i like it

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If they do a Pokemon giveaway as a "pre-order bonus", it seems like it might be the way that Victini and Genesect were released in the States. There was a limited amount of time after the games release for people to download the Pokemon. So only people who get the games quickly after release get the downloadable Pokemon. (I even missed out on Genesect because I took a little too long getting my Black2 game started.)

There might be a stylus, like Diamond/Pearl. I saw a picture supposedly from a company that's making Pokemon accessories for the 3DS, and some of them are styluses with the games' mascots on them. That's just an exceptionally small rumor that I've only seen once, so take it with some doubt.

Though a combined sale might be a good way to go. If TRU does do a sale again, I might just pick up X from there along with another game. (I've already pre-ordered Y from GameStop.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    According to Gamestop (which I'm not quite sure how reliable it would be, but it's something so take it as a theory/possibility and not factual if need be) when I pre-ordered the pre-order bonus will be a Pokemon. The guy who was telling me was trying to tell me the name of a Pokemon but since I have never even heard of anything close I had no idea what he was talking about. But if he's at least correct on the matter of a Pokemon, then that sounds like what this bonus will be.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    According to Gamestop (which I'm not quite sure how reliable it would be, but it's something so take it as a theory/possibility and not factual if need be) when I pre-ordered the pre-order bonus will be a Pokemon. The guy who was telling me was trying to tell me the name of a Pokemon but since I have never even heard of anything close I had no idea what he was talking about. But if he's at least correct on the matter of a Pokemon, then that sounds like what this bonus will be.

My gamestop says they have nothing. The girl that runs all three doesn't know if she's getting any bonuses and said there was no email or notice for it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Not sure then. Like I said, I wasn't quite sure how reliable the information would be, so if anything just take it as a possibility rather than factual. I was told the other day if that matters but I'm assuming you had last spoken to the girl who runs the Gamestops in your area quite recently. I suppose it would have helped if I remembered what he was trying to say but that went in one ear and out the other haha.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    well i dont know about any preorder bonus but u can be fairly sure that there will some kinda of event poke released for the game, i mean come on gf as almst always gives away some kinda event poke with their game

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I think if there is a Pokemon pre-order bonus, I might actually pre-order the games for once. I suppose a figurine or other knickknack would have more unique and collectible value, but I always think of things like those as clutter, haha. They always end up stashed away so I don't lose them. I don't even like them all that much.

So yeah, a Pokemon pre-order bonus sounds great to me.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    well i dont know about any preorder bonus but u can be fairly sure that there will some kinda of event poke released for the game, i mean come on gf as almst always gives away some kinda event poke with their game

Only Gen 5 has ever had Event Pokes so almost always isn't even close to being true. Victini was for B/W and I think Keldeo was for B2W2. I wanna say Keldeo but if I remember right it was for B/W before B2W2 were released so we didn't technically have any event for B2W2. In which case we've only had 1 download out of 13 game releases.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Only Gen 5 has ever had Event Pokes so almost always isn't even close to being true. Victini was for B/W and I think Keldeo was for B2W2. I wanna say Keldeo but if I remember right it was for B/W before B2W2 were released so we didn't technically have any event for B2W2. In which case we've only had 1 download out of 13 game releases.

What about Celebi? It was released as an event Pokemon in Generation II, in Japan.
    Mew was an event Pokemon in Generation III, and according to Bulbapedia, it was also an event Pokemon in Generation I because it was given out in a few Nintendo events, apparently. Jirachi and Deoxys were event Pokemon too.
    Shaymin was also an event Pokemon, in Generation IV.
    And in addition to Keldeo and Victini, Generation V also had Genesect and Meloetta.

So that's four generations out of five that have had event Pokemon. That is "almost always" (at least in my view), especially considering that those four are the four most recent generations (in other words, all of them except the first and the yet-to-be sixth). And if the bit about Mew being an event Pokemon even in Generation I is true, then every single generation has had event Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Only Gen 5 has ever had Event Pokes so almost always isn't even close to being true. Victini was for B/W and I think Keldeo was for B2W2. I wanna say Keldeo but if I remember right it was for B/W before B2W2 were released so we didn't technically have any event for B2W2. In which case we've only had 1 download out of 13 game releases.
    It was actually Genesect for B2/W2 when it was released in America. The Genesect event ran from October 7th (the release date) to November 12th, and copies of B2/W2 had fold-out inserts on how to download Genesect that specifically state "You can receive the newly discovered Mythical Pokemon Genesect in celebration of the release of" the games.

There was an event for Keldeo in B2/W2, but it was months after the release.

And, as tente2 pointed out, every generation had at least one event Pokemon of some sort.

I still like the idea of them having an exclusive download Pokemon for a release celebration. They seem to be pushing the idea of online trade with X/Y, given the PSS system and everything. So while there's a lack of a pattern of downloadable Pokemon preorder bonuses, there's no reason to yet discount the idea.

That, and the data of a special Pokemon takes up less space than the figurines/posters/styluses of previous releases and is easier for everyone to get. I couldn't get the figurine when I got SoulSilver because the store ran out. But there's no chance of that happening with a download.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • What about Celebi? It was released as an event Pokemon in Generation II, in Japan.
    Mew was an event Pokemon in Generation III, and according to Bulbapedia, it was also an event Pokemon in Generation I because it was given out in a few Nintendo events, apparently. Jirachi and Deoxys were event Pokemon too.
    And in addition to Keldeo and Victini, Generation V also had Genesect and Meloetta.

So that's four generations out of five that have had event Pokemon. That is "almost always" (at least in my view), especially considering that those four are the four most recent generations (in other words, all of them except the first and the yet-to-be sixth). And if the bit about Mew being an event Pokemon even in Generation I is true, then every single generation has had event Pokemon.

He's talking about event Pokemon tied with game releases. (I assume.) People who bought BW early got Liberty Garden Victini, while BW2 got Genesect.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What about Celebi? It was released as an event Pokemon in Generation II, in Japan.

It was actually Genesect for B2/W2 when it was released in America. The Genesect event ran from October 7th (the release date) to November 12th, and copies of B2/W2 had fold-out inserts on how to download Genesect that specifically state "You can receive the newly discovered Mythical Pokemon Genesect in celebration of the release of" the games.

There was an event for Keldeo in B2/W2, but it was months after the release.

And, as tente2 pointed out, every generation had at least one event Pokemon of some sort.

I still like the idea of them having an exclusive download Pokemon for a release celebration. They seem to be pushing the idea of online trade with X/Y, given the PSS system and everything. So while there's a lack of a pattern of downloadable Pokemon preorder bonuses, there's no reason to yet discount the idea.

That, and the data of a special Pokemon takes up less space than the figurines/posters/styluses of previous releases and is easier for everyone to get. I couldn't get the figurine when I got SoulSilver because the store ran out. But there's no chance of that happening with a download.

I'm talkin about on game release day not in game in general. Like Keiran said, a special download event that you could buy the game, open it up, start the game and download the Pokemon right there in the store without doing anything.

Back