• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-Order Bonus

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • If it is legit, I think it's more likely it's just posters to be used by the stores to advertise the games rather than it being a preorder bonus.

Your initial lack of wanting to say where they came from and the fact a store apparently has them over 3 months before release is a bit suspect. And these images (and facts, as pointed out too) aren't hard to get. The official site for instance has the legendary poster for instance on there, sans the Only on 3DS sign and with the Pokemon X/Y logo as wallpapers - very easy to fake, I'd imagine, if the source pictures already exist for public download. And you don't know what these are even used for. So colour me sceptical.

Years
  • It's just that I wasn't around when my brother got it so I don't know if it's advertising or bonus. And I respect the skeptical take. I don't know, but it's getting us somewhere

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I can try to confirm this tomorrow. I'll be heading into town for a YGO meet and duel. If I get bored I can walk to the Gamestops and see what they say.

If the posters are legit they may be Gamestop exclusive. Toys R Us hasn't gotten any X and Y merchandise at all.

Years
  • Maybe GF will offer a free 3DS for those of us who pre-order that don't have the console yet. :p

Anyway...

I found a Youtube video of the poster. The uploader is completely scamming for likes and prescriptions. Stating that viewers can win a free copy of X and Y if they subscribe. So I am leery about that poster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JJ48GmmTCQ

EDIT: found another video from another channel with a guy that has a poster and claims to have a "leaked" X and Y rom. Are people really this gullible!?!?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I saw that video also, looking to see if this was known. That was only result but I saw the scamming. What a pitiful lier. To anyone that thinks it was me that did that then, well this is my channel.

But if you still don't believe, this is real and it wasn't me.

EDIT: Apparently so Fenneking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I went to 4 gamestops yesterday, 3 near where I worked and one near my house. None had any info on that poster.

I specifically asked of they had it, showed them the images from here. I'm friends with the managers for two of them and they let me into the storage rooms where they keep all the Pre-sell bonus items.

The one that is in charge of the three stores near where I work said she didn't have any email or anything saying they were handing out posters for pre-ordering.

Can't say that Gamestop is the one handing out the posters.

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • I haven't heard anything about any sort of pre-order bonus. A figure, like they did with HG and SS, would be nice. Either that or a limited release Pokemon download.
    Pre-order or no, I've already pre-ordered both X and Y. So, if they decide to have something it'll be a nice surprise.

Years
  • I don't want to pay 80 bucks nor do I want to get stuck with the version that has less exclusives to my liking, though Swirlix has already won me over pretty much. I bet I will be able to pick out which version best suits me after the 11th of next month with the CoroCoro scans. They have to start showing more more version exclusives and evos since the release date is approaching quickly!
    Spoiler:

Usually not a fan of fanart, but these are really nice, and actually believable.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I got a double-sided poster for preordering X at GameStop. One side has Xerneas and Yveltal and the other side has a beautiful Kalos map, which is the side I'm displaying in my room now. You could probably get it for free if you know someone that works there though, haha. I actually got mine for free before I preordered, but I know a guy. But yeah! It's a really nice poster though, so if you like that stuff, check your local GameStop to see if they're giving it away there.

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
    Years
  • I personally hope that we'll get the figurines again. I quite liked mine, and it's a shame I lost my Giratina one...

Years
  • Here is the pre-order bonus for the EU according to GAME, which I believe is like the EU equivalent of gamestop. No news about any other regions. I honestly don't really care about the bonuses unless we are talking like cool stylus, or something that is...well...functional.

549485_10151823714818128_2007515543_n.jpg

Years
  • Here is the pre-order bonus for the EU according to GAME, which I believe is like the EU equivalent of gamestop. No news about any other regions. I honestly don't really care about the bonuses unless we are talking like cool stylus, or something that is...well...functional.

I saw that on Tumblr today, it's a Poke Ball case that you can store your DS and 3DS games in. I do hope details about the pre-order bonuses for other regions are announced soon, maybe it might be a fancy stylus or a poster or something? But still I'm hoping the other regions get something just as great, over where I am we often get terrible ones or even none at all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I got a double-sided poster for preordering X at GameStop. One side has Xerneas and Yveltal and the other side has a beautiful Kalos map, which is the side I'm displaying in my room now. You could probably get it for free if you know someone that works there though, haha. I actually got mine for free before I preordered, but I know a guy. But yeah! It's a really nice poster though, so if you like that stuff, check your local GameStop to see if they're giving it away there.
    Sounds like the scans Thomasco posted here :3.

That pokeball game holder looks useful...I need something to store my games...

Years
  • ^^ That's too bad. I can admit, being a egocentric American, I tend to forget about the folks from down under. Giving you guys special bonuses is probably not profitable - how stingy of GF. Though, I hope we all are able to get something nice, especially a stylus.

I have always wanted to travel there though. To what, very little I know, it is mostly a handful of large densely populated cities with a lot of uninhabited desert in the center. I would love to see a region based off the country similar to Orre (US southwest) for some sort of substantive spin-off game like Colosseum.

Though I am set on a main region being based on the Mediterranean including Southern Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece, Nicosia), Northern Africa (Sahara, Morocco, Algeria, Libya, and Egypt), and the Western Asia (Turkey, Syria, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, and Lebannon). I love the idea of three converging continents. I doubt they would feature the Middle East though, which is unfortunate.

Years

That's exactly how I got mine. My brother knew the person there and got it free. Looks like I'm not alone in this boat.

Years
  • I'm pretty happy with the Pokéball carry case, it isn't the best bonus that could've been done, but I'll probably need to use it at some point or other.

Plus you can never have too many Pokéballs lying around the house.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't recall the last time UK got pre-order bonuses but some some reason I'm really happy about this! I actually pre-ordered Pokémon X from GAME a couple of months back and I usually never pre-order so I got lucky there heheh.

Years

thats nice, i was planing to pre-order from game.
    i would be happy to have an special pokemon as a pre-order bonus, bonus region would be to much and unfair to those who couldn't pre-order

Back