• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-Order Bonus

Years
    All of these figures are in US dollars for price of pokemon X and Y:

UK: 44.00
    US: 40.00
    JPN: 89.20
    AUS: 61.40
    CAN: 37.00
    MEX: 61.40
    GER: 60.20
    SPA: 53.40 (Y) AND 56.13 (X)*
    FRA: 47.62, it was 60.21 last week. HUGH price drop.**

These are mostly from Amazon. I checked GAME, EB games, and other major stores for the lowest prices of each region. Amazon was always cheapest or equal to other stores. Some regions in which Amazon is not offered, I used major video game chains to identify the lowest price. I thought it was interesting the ranges in prices. One may expect the cost of living or the demographics of the country to have a significant impact, though, there may be more to it. Japan is understandable, the consumer's willingness to pay for pokemon is high enough for them to set a higher price. Not to mention higher income. Though, Mexico confuses me. Having been there a few times, it doesn't seem like either the willingness to pay a high price nor the ability to do so (incomes), are above most other countries. Then again, I am not that experienced with marketing, but I found the price disparities to be quite interesting.

*Prices straight from Amazon Pre-Order, I found the prices discrepancy odd between the two version in Spain.
    **Price Drops on Amazon guarantees pre-orders will be charged the lowest price until the date of release. Thus, no worries about waiting since there will be reimbursement.
    It feels like there is a special sale for english speakers...(luckily I'm playing the games in english and buy them from the UK)

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm pretty happy that UK gets a good pre-order bonus, it's usually the U.S that get the good bonus leaving the UK with sometimes nothing. The Pokéball Game Card holder is definitely something I can keep and hold onto for a while.

Years
    I really want a figure. Like what they did for hgss. For X you get the deer and Y you get the flying thing. (Still haven't learned the names of the newmons yet...)

There names are xerneas and yvetel. The names have been released since the starters we're released.

Onto the question. Its a shame that there will not be one for the US. Although I don't think its a bad thing because I usually just get all the preorder bonus items from ebay.. xD

Years
    We are getting some awesome pre-order gifts here too. The Pokeball Card Holder, a Xerneas (or Yveltal) case for 3DS XL and a Xerneas(or Yveltal) key ring :)

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
    Years
    I pre-ordered Y from Gamestop and supposedly they're doing what they did for Victini and Genesect: A download of a Torchic that's holding Blazekenite so you can Mega-Evolve it. Other than that, they didn't give out any pre-order goodies. :/

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's not Gamestop and you don't have to pre-order to get it so its not even a pre-order bonus. Torchic is a World Wide Wifi Download on release day. If Toys R Us had wifi you could download it while there or at Wal-Mart.

Toys R Us stores still aren't allowed to do Pokemon X and Y Pre-Orders until September or so. We haven't been given any official word so I don't know if we are doing anything special. With Skylanders being released the day after I don't think we'll have any special Sell on Pokemon because Skylanders Swap Force is going to be the main focus for that week's sales and expected to outsell the other games. So I'm a little bummed.

We are getting two stylized Zipper cases so those may come free with the purchase of Pokemon X or Pokemon Y.

Pre-Order Bonus

Ok so we are now taking Pre-orders at Toys R Us. Only thing of merit was some mentioning on the pre-order card about $50 in coupons. I don't really know what its about though.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    At GameStop when I preordered the game, I got a pretty pig poster with Xerneas and Yveltal on one side, and a map of Kalos on the other. Pretty awesome to me! I'm just glad I'm getting the game in general so any bonus is nice for me.
    Ps. Gamestop workers can be pretty silly with preorders haha.
    You sure you don't wanna preorder Pokémon bruh? I see you getting that shiny Dialga.
    Me: No I'm sure. I don't have the money yet.
    Are you suuuuuuure bruh?
    Me: Yes.
    But you get a pos-
    Me: Yes. Trust me. I'll be back.
    Okayyyy bruh.

Years
    I pre-ordered Y from Gamestop and supposedly they're doing what they did for Victini and Genesect: A download of a Torchic that's holding Blazekenite so you can Mega-Evolve it. Other than that, they didn't give out any pre-order goodies. :/
    That isn't true.. you're supposed to get a special two-sided poster with one side featuring Xerneas and Yveltal while the other side features a map of Kalos. If you didn't get it, I suggest you try asking the person at your local GameStop behind the counter for one as long as you have your receipt handy and see if they can get one for you. I had to actually ask for mine, but that was because I knew about the offer before I pre-ordered my copy of Y from GameStop.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That isn't true.. you're supposed to get a special two-sided poster with one side featuring Xerneas and Yveltal while the other side features a map of Kalos. If you didn't get it, I suggest you try asking the person at your local GameStop behind the counter for one as long as you have your receipt handy and see if they can get one for you. I had to actually ask for mine, but that was because I knew about the offer before I pre-ordered my copy of Y from GameStop.

You don't get the aformentioned posters at my Gamestops sadly. We get a timeline Poster which shows all the main games and when they were released. The manager said she never heard anout getting the other poster.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm hoping to get my poster when I go to Gamestop with my sister so she can pay off the Y preorder. There's already $5 because the guy told me I would get the poster if I preordered post once they had the posters so I did. I'm going to be really upset if i don't get the poster because the last time there was a preorder bonus I didn't get it because they ran out. :|b

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh right. i found out what the coupon was for pre-ordering with Toys R Us. When you pick up the games you can get a $10 off coupon for another $39.99 game. I didn't see if it said $39.99 and higher or $39.99 and lower...but that makes quite a difference in the retail world trust me. A free $10 off of a high priced game changes the minds of many customers.

Back