• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or eShop?

Years
  • I will download through eshop, but my case is different from most of people.
    In my country nintendo games very expensive, and ordering from other countries is annoying, so eshop is my best option.
    Also I will probably loose my physical copies

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
    Years
  • Great! Thanks for letting me know about Amazon's pre-orders! It's good to know that the game should arrive on the 12th.

Sorry to confuse you but Amazon aren't always reliable on pre-orders. I orded Animal Crossing New Leaf and they told me it would come on release day, but it turns out it came a week late. I didn't mind as I'm quite a patient person, but it annoyed my sister as she wanted to play it too. I know it's probably different over here in the UK but that's just my 2 pence cents.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • E-Shop does mean you don't have to worry about a game, but the 3DS has save data backups and the ability to make a game you already own, a digital copy, so you really don't have to worry about it.
    Pre-order has the added Pre-Order Bonus, which for the U.S. is a nice Poster, (the u.k. got lucky, and gets cool Pokeball Game Cartridge holders)
    I already pre-ordered my copy through Gamestop.

Seriously? A poster for the U.S and a Game holder in the U.K? in Ireland, they're offering a silly booster pack of Pokemon Trading Cards. Seeing as I don't really play the TCG, I saw it pointless to preorder :(

With regards the eshop, aren't the games supposed to be about 2GB each or something? So straight away you'll need to upgrade from your standard SD card if downloading, which is an extra cost onto it. Something to consider...

Years
  • Sorry to confuse you but Amazon aren't always reliable on pre-orders. I orded Animal Crossing New Leaf and they told me it would come on release day, but it turns out it came a week late. I didn't mind as I'm quite a patient person, but it annoyed my sister as she wanted to play it too. I know it's probably different over here in the UK but that's just my 2 pence cents.

Thanks for your input!

From this forum, as well as the Amazon forums, it seems like most people will either recieve their pre-orders on the release date or 1-2 days afterward. However, there are a handful of people who also receive orders significantly late, such as yourself. Though, it might be the shipping differences of US and UK, my Amazon orders (not from other Amazon users) have always been done through UPS and arrives when on time, so that might boost my chances so long as that is the expected date of arrival. I was just not certain if the expected arrival date is on the date of release for pre-orders. Though, if the manufacturer or delivery service doesn't come through, I wouldn't be horribly upset. I guess I should be prepared for the chance that the order could arrive later than the 12th.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I'm actually planning on making this my first retail eShop purchase. I think it would be super convenient to have the game always on my system and no have to search for the cartridge when I want to play. Plus, I can have it as soon as it releases.

franko94

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    What I'm doing (and I'm not sure how many others can do it) is going on release day to get my copy. Yes, I am making that risk. The reason is that I live in a (reasonably) large city and I can get to BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart, Target etc. pretty easily by bus when I decide to wake up. The pre-order bonuses being offered now don't really entice me enough to pre-order and I don't have a large enough memory card to download the game(s).

EJ Nero

Water forever
    Years
  • I'm not pre-ordering as I may not have a 3DS until sometime in October after release. I won't buy X on eShop either because Pokemon is one of the few games I like to own physical copies for.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thanks for your input!

From this forum, as well as the Amazon forums, it seems like most people will either recieve their pre-orders on the release date or 1-2 days afterward. However, there are a handful of people who also receive orders significantly late, such as yourself. Though, it might be the shipping differences of US and UK, my Amazon orders (not from other Amazon users) have always been done through UPS and arrives when on time, so that might boost my chances so long as that is the expected date of arrival. I was just not certain if the expected arrival date is on the date of release for pre-orders. Though, if the manufacturer or delivery service doesn't come through, I wouldn't be horribly upset. I guess I should be prepared for the chance that the order could arrive later than the 12th.

I recently pre-ordered from Amazon (my first time pre-ordering) and hope that they arrive on the release date too. However it did say that it may arrive on the 17...so I should be prepared...however if it is late I can at least look at the starter evolutions online and see if I like Fennekin's...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I preordered X from GameStop. I don't want to download from the eShop. I love physical copies of games. I like to smell them and perform rituals. But anyway, I probably won't preorder Y. I only preordered X because my friend works there and it helps him out, so yeah. I'll just buy Y in store on release day, if my funds are sufficient. If not, I'll still have X to tide me over, so no biggie.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • Going to pre-order the physical copy. Eshop does seem most convenient but the filesize is pretty big and also I like having the box/booklets ;3

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    How much will Pokemon X cost on eShop?

I have a question, how much will Pokemon X (or Y separately) will cost on eShop?

It might cost more than 40£, for example? because in most of the sites the game doesn't cost more thab 40£ usually.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Mostly retail prices and eshop prices are the same or the latter being cheaper.
    There's a section just like the quote below from the index page of PC.
    You may use it as reference. ;)
    Preorder at Play-Asia.com: Pokémon X (Japanese) - Pokémon Y (Japanese) Preorder at GameStop.com: Pokemon X (US - English) and Pokemon Y (US - English)

Note: links removed, to avoid being accuse of advertising.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The games will cost the same retail price as they do on the shelves at a store. So if the games are 40£ on the shelf of your local gaming store, it'll be that price on the eShop.

I believe all the American ones are $39.99 on the eShop. Nintendo themselves control the price so there really isn't much chance of it appearing lower than the price they set without some kinda special promotion going on. This is how its conducted here though. I don't know how the market works in other countries.

So essentially, store retail and eShop download will cost the same.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • As has been said by the above posters, the price for the games on eShop will likely be the same as their retail price in stores. While there isn't much else to say about that, I'm going to go ahead and merge your thread into the "Pre-order or eShop?" discussion since it's not far off-topic there. Plus I'm sure the thread could use a little love right now.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • I've already pre-ordered Y. I don't see a point in getting it from the E-Shop, since if you reset your 3DS, you kinda lose your game. And if you pre-order it, you can sometimes get it for a cheaper price. I don't really see you why people get retail games on E-Shop, but I can say that it's good if you frequently lose games. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Thanks for the answers!

But I have another question. Will the games be available on 12th Octocer on eShop in the U.S time? I mean, it might be added at 13:00 PM NY time, but in Europe/Asia at a different hour?

Because for example 13:00 in East U.S is 19:00 in central Europe. So it's a bit late in Europe. I think it should be released in Europe's morning hour.

Back