• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or wait for the release?

Years
  • Since the old one hasn't been posted in for over a month, decided to start anew. We all have our own rituals when Pokemon games come out, like waking up as early as four in the morning to get to a store before everyone else and be the first one in line, or pre-order as soon as the option is available and get that out of the way. My question is, what will you do for ORAS?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I'll wait until people have already played through the game because I want to see what's in it. It was fun to play through X blind but I don't usually do it.

Years
  • Pre-order as soon as I can! I'm sure the day of the release I'll wake up so early and I'll be so hyped about the game!! {XD} Can't wait!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    ill wait to see if there is any pre order exclusive bonuses for places

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I've never pre-ordered a video game before, and I haven't had problems not pre-ordering. I'll just buy it regularly, unless if the pre-order bonus intrigues me.

Years
  • Like a few others, I've been holding out to see if there's going to be any pre-order bonus before I make up my mind. If there is and it's something worth getting, I'll pre-order it, otherwise I'll get it a day or two after the release date like I do with most other games.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait for the release because my parents won't be buying the game on the date haha xD ;;

Years
  • I only pre-order if there's some special thing you get extra for pre-ordering.

The last time I pre-ordered something, it was a nightmare though. >_> I pre-ordered the pikachu 3ds and gamestop confirmed that it was ok for me to pre-order this item with my game. The day I went to pick it up, they sold all their copies and and a different guy was working there and told me the other guy lied to me and you can't pre-order limited edition game systems. So I went to every gamestop in town, the last one I went to in tears because it seemed to hopeless and they had TWO COPIES LEFT and someone came in behind me to buy one. So I lucked out (if you can call that lucky), but I just have an irrational hatred of pre-ordering now. lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The options:

1. Pre-order, pay the $5, get to go to a midnight release party (maybe) where you can Streetpass other users and collect lots of puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap, while also playing some games with people in line to pass the time, then get the game for the rest of the cost and go home, or
    2. Wait for release, go in, pick up, go home, and start playing.

One seems more fun than the other.

Years
  • oh yeah, i forgot I download most of my games from the e-shop now. never have to leave your house, and you always have the game with you :D and you get it right when it comes out. so much better than going to the store the next day.

Kagu-Chin

#FemaleFighter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I always wait for the game to be released. Just a tradition for all my brothers and sisters.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm thinking of waiting for the release right now. I don't think I'll pre-order unless there's something great they're giving out as a pre-order gift.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2021
    I'll probably reorder Ruby on Amazon and if Gamestop reveals it has preorder bonus' for Sapphire then I'll preorder Sapphire at Gamestop and switch Ruby over to Gamestop, or else I'll just order them both on Amazon.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I'm going to pre-order, but I'm waiting until we get closer to the launch date. A few of the local GameStops here (we have quite a few; wooo cities~) did midnight launches for X/Y, and I ended up having to move my preorder from one GameStop to another so that I could go to the midnight launch. @_@ If I wait, I can preorder (and possibly pay it off so that I can just go in and chill the whole time I'm there) at a GameStop that's doing a midnight launch so that I can go to that; it was actually pretty fun when I went for X/Y, and I certainly wouldn't mind going again. c:

Back