• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pre-Series Canon?

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
    Was looking back on my Pokémon Brainwash Tape and have a good laugh but it seemed to beg some questions...

Released over 10 years ago the tape acted as a primer for the show's first airing & game's first release, acting as the bow shot that would signal the merchandising frenzy that was to come. It revealed a lot about the nature of Pokemon, backstory on Ash, world technology, strategy, lists of pre-pokéjourney

So would Ash's Aunt Hillary, Terry & Troy as Ash's cousins, Mr. Carlson as Ash's science teacher, Amy as Misty's Best friend, and all the other stuff introduced be considered canon?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    So would Ash's Aunt Hillary, Terry & Troy as Ash's cousins, Mr. Carlson as Ash's science teacher, Amy as Misty's Best friend, and all the other stuff introduced be considered canon?

No, because they weren't in the original Japanese version. They were all thought up by 4kids so at most, they're dub canon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    You have a tape? Still? No they'll never introduce them. Even if it was in the Japanese version, it's 10 years old.

@Crystal Clair: It's not dub canon neither because 4Kids doesn't have it anymore.

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
    You have a tape? Still? No they'll never introduce them. Even if it was in the Japanese version, it's 10 years old.

Yea still got my tape but it is pretty deteriorated. White lines from watching it so many times/showing it to people. My friend says he got a copy of it and is probably in better condition for a digital transfer.

For those who don't know what I am talking about look [here] or here. Sends shivers of nostalgia up my spine

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This is just WOW. I though 4Kids was dumb back in 2002/2003 but... no more complaints, they were total idiots in the Mid-90s. I mean, Ash's "Aunt" can't even pronounce Pokemon right or at least like the other times it is said. This video is sad...

Also now that I look back at this, the original anime was total Phail. Seriously, childish and dumb, I'm just glad Ash actually got SOME serious teen personality through Hoenn.

Last edited:
    Back